What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Knight Sword Of Rage VIDEO + first info

Was thinking that earlier - it doesn't seem lacking in the least. It will be interesting to see what the upper playfield adds.

Animations are way better than anything else Stern has done.

Really good .

have to say this looks pretty decent :D the music and graphics are brilliant!

Looks a bit drainy, those rebounds are lightning fast towards the flippers......
The playfield and cab artwork are simply awesome though I have mixed thoughts on animations. Some are really spectacular whilst others are a bit meh..
Sounds and callouts are awesome.
I think the main theme music may grind after a while........and I love metal music...
Would have to be a premium or LE IMO

Last edited:
Stream ended 12:18 loved the animations and especially sound package. Call outs and music truly rocked and especially loved the retro mode which was cool touch.
Definitely one I’ll look forward to playing and hopefully even owning some point. It out gunned Munsters for me too! Roll on fridays JJP stream.

It does look good. The fire pit at back is a great effect
The pro really does remind me of No fear like previously mentioned. Seems to be just orbit shot after orbit shot. Ball times will be fast on this

The game having HDMI out is brilliant also hope that’s something Stern enable for existing LCD games with an update!

The music is brilliant and I disagree with it getting old over any other non music pin - Dialed in, batman 66 etc play the same music over and over and it’s fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why the HDMI out? Is it for displaying the screen on a bigger tv? Can see it being useful for comps. Not so much use in a home environment but I guess they are pennies to add to the build cost. Bit of a surprise though give sterns determination to cut costs at all times.

Why the HDMI out? Is it for displaying the screen on a bigger tv? Can see it being useful for comps. Not so much use in a home environment but I guess they are pennies to add to the build cost. Bit of a surprise though give sterns determination to cut costs at all times.

I can see it being super useful for streamers. Which is good PR for Stern.

I'm getting old and cranky, nowhere near as positive about what I saw than everyone else seems to be.
I'm not into rock/metal but have grown to like some after playing AC/DC, Metallica and IMDN, however I found the music on the stream quite annoying after only a short while.
The main toy is impressive but didn't affect the ball as much as I thought it would, it mainly just acted as a blocking device. I'm sure it probably would hammer the ball back at you at times though, I just didn't see these interactions on the stream.
Pro has just one ramp with 2 vuks also dropping onto it returning everything to the right flipper, better flow than the LE though which only had the orbits for flow.
Not enough on the upper playfield, at least on 2k you had 2 sets of rollovers to try to complete when you missed the lock or loops didn't complete, just sod all up there now. Upper playfield lock mechanism is cool and a clever, simple design.
Animations were awesome ( for a pinball machine )

Looking forward to playing one but have talked myself out of joining the line to buy one.

Upper playfield as I suspected is pretty pointless. Could have at least added an opto or spinner to count loops etc. looks great though and I'd have one if i hadn't already spent 15 large this year on pins...

Upper playfield as I suspected is pretty pointless. Could have at least added an opto or spinner to count loops etc. looks great though and I'd have one if i hadn't already spent 15 large this year on pins...
They said in the stream that the loop opto was not working or disconnected.

They had to disconnect and sounded disappointed as it affected game-lay in some way

I'm getting old and cranky, nowhere near as positive about what I saw than everyone else seems to be.
I'm not into rock/metal but have grown to like some after playing AC/DC, Metallica and IMDN, however I found the music on the stream quite annoying after only a short while.
The main toy is impressive but didn't affect the ball as much as I thought it would, it mainly just acted as a blocking device. I'm sure it probably would hammer the ball back at you at times though, I just didn't see these interactions on the stream.
Pro has just one ramp with 2 vuks also dropping onto it returning everything to the right flipper, better flow than the LE though which only had the orbits for flow.
Not enough on the upper playfield, at least on 2k you had 2 sets of rollovers to try to complete when you missed the lock or loops didn't complete, just sod all up there now. Upper playfield lock mechanism is cool and a clever, simple design.
Animations were awesome ( for a pinball machine )

Looking forward to playing one but have talked myself out of joining the line to buy one.

Well, have to say that whilst I like the game, it's only gone on the 'maybe, sometime in the future' list.

Even with Keith playing upper p/f seems a little clunky.

Looks a tough player for sure.

Animations are best Stern has done.

Not seeing a Maiden beater though.

Got a feeling Wonka will be the winner this weekend. Not a theme for me but think Wonka is going to sell a ton for JJP.

I’m becoming less and less s fan of lcd monitor art work and the mall times on the stream seemed supper short with slot of bricked shots, I was all for it till I watch the ball movements now I’m more meh, roll on Friday and this wonka madness

Put me down in the old'n'cranky list too. The game's great but after an hour that music was really starting to grate on me.

To me the animations were pretty good same standard as Iron maiden if not copied a bit.
The pro played fast and looked better without the eyesore that went on the LE.
With that being said I will 100% PASS on this and wait for elvira and Elwins latest because the look on his face playing bk was enough for me to see he was not impressed with it.

iron maiden animations are from the video game.

BKSOR are in house creations.

I like the music and the game, looks brutal, sorta TWD like, upper play field had features not working so hard to say what its like, but I like it. even at .90 it has more to do than munsters! :D

Neil.

Only thing not working up there Neil was the loop wasn't registering, there's no other features up there not to work :D.

The teaser didn't really excite me, and not being a huge fan of BK or BK2K, I wasn't particularly interested. However, after watching a stream, I now think it looks great, a lot of fun.

Not that I can afford to buy one, but I can add it to the wish list for 15-20 years from now 😁

Back
Top Bottom