What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatles pinball from Stern

Don't forget the seawitch playfield in case you ain't seen it.

53cf020815fe2d857d26350ec9332a4c61260b7c.jpg

Oh. I did already look at that article. Didn't scroll all the way down. Whyd he put the new pics right down there?

I really like it.

Where'd you get the pics Neil? Don't see them on Facebook or Pinside. Not that I spent more than 3 mins looking....

I was emailed them on Thursday but didn’t notice the email until this morning. Didn’t see them anywhere else so posted them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why put a single level rampless playfield in such a deep cabinet without using more things like flasher domes and figurines to fill the height? Yes you get the side and backwall art, but it's guaranteed to make the game look emptier than it is.

Seawitch is a 42" length playfield while the Stern standard is 45" - it looks like they've used a bit of that length in the loop area, as the arch looks more rounded and less compressed at the top. Probably how they got the second spinner in. First thought when I saw that spinner was that pop is going to knock the living **** out of it, but then I realised that as long as there is less than a ball width between the spinner and the bumper shaft, no ball can hit the spinner from the side to damage it that way. It's actually brilliant.

Why put a single level rampless playfield in such a deep cabinet without using more things like flasher domes and figurines to fill the height? Yes you get the side and backwall art, but it's guaranteed to make the game look emptier than it is.

Seawitch is a 42" length playfield while the Stern standard is 45" - it looks like they've used a bit of that length in the loop area, as the arch looks more rounded and less compressed at the top. Probably how they got the second spinner in. First thought when I saw that spinner was that pop is going to knock the living **** out of it, but then I realised that as long as there is less than a ball width between the spinner and the bumper shaft, no ball can hit the spinner from the side to damage it that way. It's actually brilliant.

It would cost them a small fortune to retool the cabinet/art printing/legs and for 1964 machines probably not worth it. Suspect that’s why the side art blades are there.

Would cost a lot less of a fortune to pop a few model figures in there around the top and make the game look more valuable. It they could stick in an actuated 'dancing' Elvis in 2004, there's no reason not to at least put some effort into the Diamond Edition that way.

I'm right about the loop - the diameter has definitely been opened up, particularly around the left side. Longer leading edge and wider shot for easier repeat loops from the upper right flipper, and the strategically placed target in a more open space to rebound-feed the upper left flipper. That spinning disc will no doubt also be used as a feed device to throw balls towards the upper right flipper during multiball and set up the jackpot shot.

Would cost a lot less of a fortune to pop a few model figures in there around the top and make the game look more valuable. It they could stick in an actuated 'dancing' Elvis in 2004, there's no reason not to at least put some effort into the Diamond Edition that way.

There is no need! This game is aimed at the collector audience and they will buy it on theme alone. You can knock Stern (and I have many times) but from a business point of view this is easy money for them. 1964 games will sell out, especially if the minimum order of standard games is required to purchase the LE models as rumored. It puts on the financial burden on distributors like Phil though if true!

There is no need! This game is aimed at the collector audience and they will buy it on theme alone. You can knock Stern (and I have many times) but from a business point of view this is easy money for them. 1964 games will sell out, especially if the minimum order of standard games is required to purchase the LE models as rumored. It puts on the financial burden on distributors like Phil though if true!

Which is why you put the figures on the Diamond LE, but not the others.

?
I was just thinking that very same thing.
The amount of flak Mafia got ON Pinside for being bare bones and basic. This has 2 sets of drops, a pointless magnet and a spinning wheel.

Will be interesting how the Stern fan boys react to it once out to play.

It's worth pointing out that neither TNA nor Beatles were pitched towards the pinball community. Beatles had the licensors, focus groups and accountants to contend with, but TNA only had to please one person; the guy making it. TNA also had a phenomenal amount of luck in how the community got to realise while following its development that here was a game offering a fresh take on style, speed and gameplay that they hadn't realised they wanted, long before it was snapped up as a production game. Whereas the Beatles license raised expectations early and if you asked the pundits what they expected out of a Beatles game before it was revealed, the answer basically amounted to 'not that', and Stern well knew it.

Last edited:
TNA really impressed me at Tilt at the weekend, had heard of it but never seen or played it. Great fun.

The difference between the mafia and the Beatles are you smoking ?

1 has the biggest group ever, period, no question,
1 has a colossal fan base to tap into
1 has been made by the biggest pinball manufacturer with a proven track record
1 has a professional coder working it as a job not a hobby

Now stop smoking the pipe and put the white album on , actually maybe smoke just a little of the pipe and put the white album on, but only Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake

Speaking of TNA, got 1 spare NIB on way soon and the 1 in Tilt up for sale.

TNA was aimed at the pinball community !

Back
Top Bottom