What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatles pinball from Stern

Doesn't look great, but then I've never bought into the Beatles hype, having been a little too young when they were around.

If pricing is real then it is nuts, but I guess they saw Supreme and figured what the hell!!

What I've not seen is any info on why it is a re-themed machine and not a full new game - is it because the band love the original, or something else?

On the other hand - 1964 units, whilst perhaps a big run of machines, is nothing compared to the many tens of thousands of Beatles fans, many with deep pockets...........

Again on the money and to my point - aimed at a mass market with a huge disposable income but not the PINBALL market - on a venn diagram, there will be two buyers, pinball and beatles fans and beatles fans, I don't think the exclusively pinball fans will bite on this....

Think they are trying to hit the Xmas market!

Nice stocking filler?

Classic-Pinball-Machine-KA16036.jpg

What I've not seen is any info on why it is a re-themed machine and not a full new game - is it because the band love the original, or something else?

R&D costs at minimum as I imagine the license fees are horrendous - so maximising profit which I think this machine is all about

The promo video is so uninspiring. Whoever was playing the machine when it was filmed looks like they have never played before...

Catchy song, I cant stop humming the two lines I now know:mad:

R&D costs at minimum as I imagine the license fees are horrendous - so maximising profit which I think this machine is all about
Supposedly $1 million US, so around $500 per unit.
If Stern sell all these, they are going to cash in big time!

Surely the 100 LEs should have been called the Platinum edition?? In keeping with the band/records theme.

In the sober light of day I haven't got a problem with the game - they have gone for a safe inoffensive retro look, not particularly exciting but hopefully they sell them and make some money.

I'll never buy one of course, but then I'm a bottom feeder in the pinball market and can't spend a fortune on new games[emoji16]

I would have liked to have seen a full, all new design modern Beatles machine but oh well, I can't really be bothered getting worked up about it [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

There is scope of course for them to release further Beatles themes, One per album.....Hmm... Then the Red and the Blue Greatest Hits, then the solo careers - Band on The Run, Imagine, All Things Must Pass, ....... Personally I'll hold out for the "Mull of Kintyre" Platinum Edition.

$500 license fee per machine is huge! Roger Sharpe said here: “$100 per machine? I have never done a licence at that figure for a pinball machine. The profit margins just don’t make sense. All the licences I have done with pinball are for far less. I would find it hard to believe that either Stern or Jersey Jack would ever commit to spend $100 per game.”

Of course that was before the idea of $50,000 pinball machines had been mooted...

All depends on the price, sound and rules. I'm going to wait to reserve judgement. I am disappointed it's early period Beatles but the music is probably better suited to playing pinball too than their weirder later output. I quite like the artwork! Seawitch is a nice layout.

All depends on the price, sound and rules. I'm going to wait to reserve judgement. I am disappointed it's early period Beatles but the music is probably better suited to playing pinball too than their weirder later output. I quite like the artwork! Seawitch is a nice layout.

Agreed but would you pay £7.5k for a Seawitch. At £4.5K it would be acceptable output but not at the price points quoted. It just seems like price gouging.

Agreed but would you pay £7.5k for a Seawitch. At £4.5K it would be acceptable output but not at the price points quoted. It just seems like price gouging.
You're forgetting that Stern made a Spiderman Home Edition retheme for Supreme, then sold it for $10k...

They have already tested the water and found that they can sell these warmed over "I don't care about the gameplay" pins for major brands and sell them to fans hand over fist.

You're forgetting that Stern made a Spiderman Home Edition retheme for Supreme, then sold it for $10k...

They have already tested the water and found that they can sell these warmed over "I don't care about the gameplay" pins for major brands and sell them to fans hand over fist.

Bit of a difference though at 5X the cost.

The game play in the Spider-Man / supreme pin is very good though...

Well, that's that. I can forget about any dreams of one day making something like a modern-style Yellow Submarine pin with all the trimmings, because the license costs of that thing demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would be utterly unviable in today's market. That's the real disappointment for me here.

I remember when the Bugatti Veyron was announced. People said that a car with 1000bhp and a price tag of almost 1.5million dollars was bonkers. Who would buy that?
Why would someone make that?

Volkswagens response,
Because we can!

If Stern build it, people will come.

Back
Top Bottom