What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atari Asteroids Deluxe/Major Havoc/Tempest scratch build - the journey!!

MadNat

Site Supporter
Really patient work - enjoying following along.

The power brick remake looks solid and heavy! Is it quite a bit bigger than the original?

What’s the plan for the main board and sound boards Jim?

Are you considering the FPGA approach similar to this:

What are you thinking monitor wise?

Cheers

OP
OP
myPinballs

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Really patient work - enjoying following along.

The power brick remake looks solid and heavy! Is it quite a bit bigger than the original?

What’s the plan for the main board and sound boards Jim?

Are you considering the FPGA approach similar to this:

[/URL]

What are you thinking monitor wise?

Cheers
Power brick remake is same size as an original. I have an original ar2 PCB to use with it though will probably design a replacement for that to

yes thinking of getting a tempest fpga board ( major havoc) though this cab is also so I can fix original boards more easily to

monitor wise I will probably be making a colour vector from a donor monitor and one of the new kits available. Size wise will be seeing if 17” or 19” will fit in these cabs otherwise 14”

Cursaw

Site Supporter
Alias
Drew
Power brick remake is same size as an original. I have an original ar2 PCB to use with it though will probably design a replacement for that to

yes thinking of getting a tempest fpga board ( major havoc) though this cab is also so I can fix original boards more easily to

monitor wise I will probably be making a colour vector from a donor monitor and one of the new kits available. Size wise will be seeing if 17” or 19” will fit in these cabs otherwise 14”
The vector kit sounds interesting Jim, do you have a link ?

Drew

MadNat

Site Supporter
Hi Drew - I just did a quick Google, as also intrigued. Maybe it’s this?

OP
OP
myPinballs

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
The vector kit sounds interesting Jim, do you have a link ?

Drew

Hi Drew - I just did a quick Google, as also intrigued. Maybe it’s this?

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

I'm having some time off this week and next so i'm not checking my messages much, but yes this is the place i'm looking at.

Also, I just sourced a nos 15" monitor tube and frame to use in my cabinet hopefully to, so alittle larger than stock cabaret as I wanted

Last edited:

MadNat

Site Supporter
That's really cool Jim. Are there any specific advantages of your version of power brick over the original?

I'm guessing your version is heavier - keeps the cab firmly on the ground!

Top Bottom