What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else underwhelmed by the new Star Trek

Got to play just the one game in Belgium. Just two words...

Absolutely Awesome. :D

I recon that this game is going to be a massive seller, topping AC/DC's, SM and LOTR's popularity... That is if anyone still has any money left to be able to afford to buy one...!!! :rolleyes:

I recon that this game is going to be a massive seller, topping AC/DC's, SM and LOTR's popularity... That is if anyone still has any money left to be able to afford to buy one...!!! :rolleyes:

Great news. I had been reading some early positive feedback on Pinside. Can't wait to play at NLP :D

It shamed the Metallica POP LE that it was put next to. :rolleyes: The Metallica was very brutal punish any poor flip and, as I found to my cost, even good flips on the chair were rewarded by returning the ball SDTM. :eek:

Pro or LE/Premium?

Star Trek Pro, I believe the LE's and Premium's are suppose to be manufactured a few months down the line.

PLayed 10 or so games on the new ST at the Belgium Open average at best. No toys and fairly boring. A reasonable £2000 machine at best.

I was only commenting on how the game played, not if the toys were any good, cabinet, playfield, etc... :p

Perhaps the wow effect wears off after a few games! ;)

For some reason I didn't get my **** together enough to even play it. Not quite sure how that happened. Looked better in the flesh than in the early photos.

Got to finally play "24". Can safely say that one is now no longer on my wanted list.

I put a couple of games on it and my initial thoughts were very positive. LED's started to hurt my eyes after a few minutes (I did have a Duvel hangover though) the upper loop is very tight and quick and the ball did not flow to the upper flipper consistantly (this could just be that machine), the drop target lock released the ball onto both flippers during my games so expect a fair few SDTM from that (could be solved with software) Overall i would class it as a good effort from Stern, not a classic but not a dud either!

Really hope it's the flow monster I have heard it supposed to be

You just love every pinball Pete :) Nothing wrong with that...

Maybe, I completed 3 or 4 modes, had a couple of decent multiballs... I think my final score was 27M which wasn't anything to shout home about as the replay value had been bumped up to 44M (all Sterns normally start at 15M) but the game flowed really well and with it being one of the first off the production line it fairs far better than ACDC did when it was first off the production line visiting the South Coast Slam. Seen on FB that Roy Wills also rates it and he is a top player, but what do we know... you'll have to play it for yourself and make your own mind up at NLP... :cool:

looks great fun. i loved the death save at 13:20, not sure why he tilted on purpose at 13:40 though - felt guilty perhaps?

i've never pulled off a death save, but if i ever do, i won't feel bad about it, it's a cool skill if you can manage it

looks great fun. i loved the death save at 13:20, not sure why he tilted on purpose at 13:40 though - felt guilty perhaps?

i've never pulled off a death save, but if i ever do, i won't feel bad about it, it's a cool skill if you can manage it

I don't think it was on purpose. It looked like he was trying to straighten the table back up after moving it during the death save.

Seeing Josh shift the machine sideways like that reminded me of some guy at this years UKPP, he was doing it constantly, sliding the machine sideways a good few inches then sliding it back to straighten it up. Very strange and completely distracted me from the game I was playing alongside him.

Seeing Josh shift the machine sideways like that reminded me of some guy at this years UKPP, he was doing it constantly, sliding the machine sideways a good few inches then sliding it back to straighten it up. Very strange and completely distracted me from the game I was playing alongside him.
CJ?

So excited. I expect there will be a big buzz around this pin when it arrives at Event City today.

Back
Top Bottom