What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Glorious Day in Gotham City...

so,a general question here re spike,am I right in thinking here,as a good safety measure for anyone with bm,as,sw etc to copy/clone/whatever this master sd card as a backup copy.I guess any sd or micro sd in an adapter would do?Maybe @Paul creates a master repository for the community on here?

new code!!

V0.81.0 - Nov. 7, 2017
======================

- Added instructions for the major villain modes.
- Reworked Bat Turn mode instructions.
- Rebalanced sounds, speech, and some music.
- Added penguin VUK shot to the list of shots lit when the crane is hit
during the penguin mode.
- Added double quote character to the Batman style font; it was missing.
- Added sounds for hitting the flipper button during collect/continue.
- Added score stinger sounds for major villain score awards.
- Fixed issues where the joker last stage and the penguin last stage
collect/continue was not holding up the penguin VUK kickout.
- Fixed an issue with the super skill shot where the mode RGB arrows
would not show when the ball was sitting in the shooter lane.
- Bat turn and multiball start will now move in front of most effects
in progress.
- Main multiball was not honoring the "Multiball Scores nX" for completing
the GORDON target before the first shot is made during the major villain
modes. This has been corrected.
- Major villain mode start effects are killed on the first shot/award.
- Reversed the order of the batphone hurry-up and the major villain mode
start display effects so they appear in the correct order (batphone
FIRST, mode start SECOND).
- Reworked major villain modes to give the batcave sequence priority over
the main shots.
- Forced batphone hurry-up awards over all other foreground display
effects.
- Made sure orange batcave sequence arrows show on top of major villain
mode arrows (riddler was not honoring this).
- Terminated magnet hold cycle when batphone hurry-up award display
effect is finished.
- Added magnet pulse to penguin magnet stage during the penguin mode.
- Fixed a bug with the magnet where certain sequences would be terminated
prematurely.
- Added clips/stills for joker and penguin modes.
- Removed dim non-selected icon/text from collect/continue when an action
is taken.
- Fixed issues with multiple awards coming through on one shot for the
GADGET targets and the TURNABLE targets.
- Added fight sounds to the fight sequences for the major villain modes.
- Added a setting to help clean up the interaction of the VILLAIN ESCAPE
wizard mode with the major villains. The default is that when VILLAIN
ESCAPE is able to start, the player will not be able to start a new
batphone hurry-up (major villain). The other behavior (not the default)
is that when VILLAIN ESCAPE is able to start, the player will be able
to start a new major villain mode, and if they do, then VILLAIN ESCAPE
will not be able to be started until the batphone hurry-up / new major
villain mode ends.
- Removed the batphone hurry-up award from the top eject. This is not
needed anymore now that the lockout adjustment has been implemented.

"Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team also has outlined a plan for code updates with releases scheduled around Thanksgiving and an additional update around the New Year. Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so,a general question here re spike,am I right in thinking here,as a good safety measure for anyone with bm,as,sw etc to copy/clone/whatever this master sd card as a backup copy.I guess any sd or micro sd in an adapter would do?Maybe @Paul creates a master repository for the community on here?

I've already been doing that and have backups for most spike titles, but the plan wasn't to give em away for free.

"Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team also has outlined a plan for code updates with releases scheduled around Thanksgiving and an additional update around the New Year. Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"

This is getting much better :) and the new found communication by stern is most welcome

I've already been doing that and have backups for most spike titles, but the plan wasn't to give em away for free.

That's your prerogative Jim, but if @Paul makes a section I think it would be a good thing for the community that may help other pinheads going forward.Sadly no spike games here but if I did I would add to it.It may be a ball ache and may cause issues re bandwidth or whatever for pininfo, but paul could make it only available for members

That's your prerogative Jim, but if @Paul makes a section I think it would be a good thing for the community that may help other pinheads going forward.Sadly no spike games here but if I did I would add to it.It may be a ball ache and may cause issues re bandwidth or whatever for pininfo, but paul could make it only available for members

Cloning cards the correct way costs time and money
Storing 4gb files indefinitely costs time and money
Providing new quality SD cards that are reliable and allow you to keep the old card cost money
Proving support and guarantees costs money

I'd be interested to see if this really is going to be free if it happens.

Storing a 4G file is about the same cost as storing a selfie you took of you and your dog on your new iPhone X :) I agree memory cards aren’t free and the downloaded can obtain that - but given there are maybe 30 images at most and downloading the image and writing it to SD card is simple - it’s not that huge an issue to do it. If people want the whole thing done for them by all means charge away - I’m sure some less technical folks will buy it.

Neil

Matt it looks like I’ll have the image later today - few folks on pinside are going to give me it - and will send you a card in the post - you can buy me a beer next time :)

I’ll have GB Premium, Batman LE and Premium. I’ll write up some instructions for those with other machines to create the images or do it when I’m on prem :) so we can start to collect them.

Matt it looks like I’ll have the image later today - few folks on pinside are going to give me it - and will send you a card in the post - you can buy me a beer next time :)

I’ll have GB Premium, Batman LE and Premium. I’ll write up some instructions for those with other machines to create the images or do it when I’m on prem :) so we can start to collect them.

Saw your post on pinside Neil. Great news for Matt it's getting sent over.
Hope he gets it back up and running soon especially with these code updates.

Storing a 4G file is about the same cost as storing a selfie you took of you and your dog on your new iPhone X :) I agree memory cards aren’t free and the downloaded can obtain that - but given there are maybe 30 images at most and downloading the image and writing it to SD card is simple - it’s not that huge an issue to do it. If people want the whole thing done for them by all means charge away - I’m sure some less technical folks will buy it.

Neil

I just don't think it will be as simple and painless as you think it will be, but carry on....

I just don't think it will be as simple and painless as you think it will be, but carry on....
oh I'm not saying it will be, there will be idiots that buy crap memory cards or who are playing doom whilst writing the image.

I distribute many car code updates because a few folks were charging hundreds of pounds for what in effect was pirated software. its not without its issues but use at your own risk.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let's try this latest update

One thing I always do now is select update type full and verify yes. Not run into any issues myself using this method

IMG_0225.JPG

I'll post a decent tutorial for grabbing a copy of a memory card tonight, and if someone could grab me an image then maybe someone could see if it works...

Image needs to be created using HDD Raw Copy Tool - this creates a compressed image file - meaning that (for example) a 21Mb image can hold 2Gb of data - If someone could upload an image somewhere and tell me what size card it was on (on mega.nz for example), then i'll re-create the card and then re-create the Image using the above which should shrink the size into something decent sized...

I had it happen on Kiss, Stern will send an image no problem either via a link in an email or on a card. The rebuilding of the card isn't too much of a hassle, I have the instructions somewhere. I'll root them out

Nick,
yup, its pretty simple - I've just tested writing batman-LE code on a stick and just put Batman-premium code on the stick for Matt. Will post it out tomorrow matt..

Neil.

you can use applepi-Baker to both create and burn cards on the Mac.

Here you go....

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVE TO READ AND WRITE FROM/TO OR ELSE YOU COULD WIPE THE SELECTED DRIVE
Disclaimer : PLEASE READ THE ABOVE - I nor Pinballinfo take any responsability for if you break something !!!!

@Spandangler - Can be used for your RunDMD card too - Just the second part to WRITE to a card from the image file..

Attachments

• Video_2017-11-08_203625.wmv
    9.9 MB · Views: 9
MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVE TO READ AND WRITE FROM/TO OR ELSE YOU COULD WIPE THE SELECTED DRIVE
Disclaimer : PLEASE READ THE ABOVE - I nor Pinballinfo take any responsability for if you break something !!!!

LOL, :rofl:

so the new b66 code is fantastic! Really polishing it and adding nice touches.

My Batman lives!

Tried version 81 and the software took this time. Neil, thank you for your help.

If you want to try out the new code, head to Brewdog, Shephards Bush.

so the new b66 code is fantastic! Really polishing it and adding nice touches.

I'm off work this week and I've been skipping the jobs I want to get done because it's turned into this 'one more go' type of game. Really enjoying where this is going with the code. But that Gordon target keeps kicking my backside because I'm too greedy, ha ha

I really struggle with the Gordon target and hence my scores suck - I think a little more balancing of this would be good - can you backhand it from the right flipper?

Neil

Back
Top Bottom