What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Glorious Day in Gotham City...

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
So, after deciding to have a change around in my games room again this year i stumped up and got myself a batman 66 premium. The walking dead is on the way out and this is the new addition. It also markes quite a milestone for me (for a few reasons that i may get into later) and I thought i'd start a thread about it and post some pics of the setup and game play. I will probably get the twitch stream out and do some of this game to when not doing indy code update ones when i get time.

So first up some pics of setup

IMG_8657.JPG IMG_8658.jpg IMG_8659.jpg IMG_8660.jpg IMG_8661.jpg IMG_8662.jpg IMG_8663.jpg IMG_8664.JPG IMG_8665.JPG IMG_8669.JPG IMG_8670.JPG IMG_8671.JPG IMG_8672.JPG IMG_8673.JPG IMG_8674.JPG IMG_8677.JPG IMG_8679.jpg IMG_8680.jpg IMG_8681.jpg IMG_8683.JPG IMG_8684.JPG IMG_8685.jpg IMG_8686.JPG IMG_8687.JPG

Played a good few hours last night on original code (v0.65) that it was shipped with, then removed SD card to clone and then updated to new v0.71 code. Few things to talk about later with this new spike 2 system with regard to updates/backups etc

First Grand Champ Score on 3 ball

IMG_8702.JPG

woah! Nice unboxing sequence and set up, makes it all come alive! Congrats!

Probably a question for other owners but are these plaques different on each game or the same? If they are different then I'm glad to get this one. Cool bit of comic art

IMG_6916.JPG

They are mostly different. Not sure how many in the actual set but I know there is a load of them. The SLE and Le all got signed by Adam West and also a proportion of premiums too.
At least ours are different. Mine still had the overlay on. IMG_20170511_234824.jpg

Welcome to the club Jim :thumbs:
Looking good.

Cheers. Really looking forward to seeing the ruleset develop.

They are mostly different. Not sure how many in the actual set but I know there is a load of them. The SLE and Le all got signed by Adam West and also a proportion of premiums too.
At least ours are different. Mine still had the overlay on. View attachment 45581

Nice, cool idea. I took the protective film off.

Last edited:
Some pics of the internals and the new spike 2 system. The new cages around the cpu board (node) are interesting. Though stern should really make the spacing and holes bigger so you can actually plug a usb stick in directly!!

IMG_8688.jpg IMG_8689.jpg IMG_8690.jpg IMG_8691.jpg IMG_8692.JPG IMG_8693.JPG IMG_8694.JPG IMG_8696.jpg IMG_8697.JPG IMG_8698.jpg IMG_8699.jpg

For RF interference issues I believe (EU requirement).

Neil.

A few pics from me - what's core is that the game is the same on all versions

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_6e1f3f3369ce2e0599c7ec6259768dca.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_30aa6bfb1ba29cc2c60b33954e4a6e4e.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_cc0bc9ea24347b21cd484318829a9384.jpg

I also got this from Brian on Pinside which is one of the toys on the SLE, the wiring is all there to hook it up on the other machines!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_b60d76c191732e2e241eae834f73ae19.jpg

And Lyman and George signed the playfield on LE and SLE.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That USB extension cable is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rotating thing is one huge mofo of a mech!!

It's massive. It's like one of them food disposal units you get under your sink . Probably double up as one n all. . I don't fancy ripping it to bits if anything goes wrong with it either. It's well bolted in there.

yes attract mode only - hopefully they will use it more but from what I remember Ghostbusters only does something with its topper in attract mode also :(

yes attract mode only - hopefully they will use it more but from what I remember Ghostbusters only does something with its topper in attract mode also :(

No the ghostbusters topper is a bit more interactive now during a couple of features on the gameplay. Maybe in a recent code update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, a small adjustment i made to my mini playfield that may be of use for other owners. My playfield wasn't quite aligned properly to the main playfield. Classic stern! The lhs was about 2 mm too high and the rhs about 1-2mm too low. I had a look at the mech underneath and there are 3 adjusting/levelling screws which once loosened allow you to level it up properly as there are slots in the main body.

Now perfectly level and the shots are much smoother to and through it :)

IMG_8712.JPG IMG_8713.JPG

so my bat mobile lost one side of its screws already whilst recovering it I found another loose screw. There is a new bat mobile available from stern that is riveted that I'm going to ask them to send me on monday.

Ask them for the left ramp kit as well while your at it too.
I'm waiting on a left ramp plus kit and I also asked for the riveted Batmobile as well.
I got contacted by this guy.
David.Carver@sternpinball.com
That was 2 weeks ago so I'll be back in touch Monday too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

yes that was on the list also!

Just need to find where this other screw came from :(

Neil.

Somewhere around that mech probably or the cat signs above the ramps. I've had my ramps off and they were not that tightened down.

Back
Top Bottom