What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Glorious Day in Gotham City...

so my bat mobile lost one side of its screws already whilst recovering it I found another loose screw. There is a new bat mobile available from stern that is riveted that I'm going to ask them to send me on monday.

Interesting. I had a screw fly down the playfield and into the cab last night. Not looked for where it belongs yet. Was just a #6 1/4 " bolt so will check the areas mentioned

batmobile is a known issue and the loose screw that Sutol mentioned has been seen on a few machines.

So the price goes up and the quality goes down.
Good old Stern.

All very minor issues to be honest though and the fun and enjoyment still goes up. The new screens are really well done and this layout has a lot of potential rules wise . I'm excited to see this evolve with lyman

i'll check that out thanks Chris.

Here are direct links to pinside posts where people have found loose screws and the locations, pretty poor for such an pricey game!

Things to generally check:

* Check the turntable under the PF FRIST to be sure your wires look OK and not wrapped around the mech in a bad way.
* CAT signs; tiny black screws are loose.
* Right side CAT sign post not attached
* Batmobile on the spinner.
* turntable not level
* magnet not level

Pic of the bat mobile rivet

Info on aligning the rotisserie

Ask them for the left ramp kit as well while your at it too.
I'm waiting on a left ramp plus kit and I also asked for the riveted Batmobile as well.
I got contacted by this guy.
David.Carver@sternpinball.com
That was 2 weeks ago so I'll be back in touch Monday too.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Is there an official update kit for the left ramp? i've only had the ball come off a couple of times, but think the clear cover should be thicker or longer

3 things I really like so far are

Physical ball locks - missed these on recent new games
Both ramps cross from flipper to feed opposite side making it easy to plan shots and combos
The music

:)

Love the music so corny but fits the game perfectly
The display is awesome great mixture of film and cartoon clips must have taking some time to get these to flow so well with the game
And the clarity is unbelievable it's like watching a blue ray DVD

Just Just had a reply from stern and they are sending me out the replacement parts.
How does import duty work on this?

If they send them properly marked as rthey placement parts the shoyldnt catch duty otherwise it will be whatever they declare the value at.

Cheers
Neil.

Are they sending you a new batmobile? Chas told me they want me to send the old one back?

Yeah Batmobile, ramp kit and also the red wireform ramp as well.He said they may want the Batmobile and ramp back but he'll have to work that one out.

Just Just had a reply from stern and they are sending me out the replacement parts.
How does import duty work on this?

If they mark it down as £15 or less commercial value then you'll get no charges. Should be marked as £0 ideally as its for replacement not resale

Yeah Batmobile, ramp kit and also the red wireform ramp as well.He said they may want the Batmobile and ramp back but he'll have to work that one out.

Have they made an updated left ramp then as well as a ramp kit, or it that replacement for some other reason? My ramps are chrome as i'm premium

Chrome on mine too Jim. Should of been red.
They are sending it all out with a return label. They want the chrome one back and the Batmobile. There goes my flea bay sale then, lol

Some pics of the ramp kit and also another update - left outline deflector bracket. Good to see what we should be getting/asking for. (Pics from pinside thread)

4ff9fccb8676c22de3e13dc2e7959a8fe3d8e32f.jpg 094534c7f8de0daab6152d0a14150040c5daa6bc.jpg

Well, emailed stern my details and serial so we'll see what happens here on the service parts to ! :)

Damn fine game. More play on it tonight methinks

Have any of you have tracking numbers or confirmation of shipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing yet. Last correspondence was 3 days ago...
"I am sending you the parts with a return label for the ramp/car.

Hope this helps"

I reckon it'll probably just turn up. Bit like when the machines themselves did :D

Radio silence from stern for me so far, lol :wave: This sort of direct comms with them is new afaik, as previously service kits all got sent to the distributors who then forwarded them to buyers.

Moving my game down to my games room this weekend to clear up the dining room and get ready for walking dead going on monday evening.

Here's how to remove the head of a new stern spike 2 game should you want/need to.

Remove CPU Cage

IMG_8734.JPG

IMG_8738.JPG

Disconnect plugs as shown from cpu and power regulator board

IMG_8739.JPG

Remove line filter case to gain access to rhs backbox arm bolts

IMG_8740.JPG

remove the 4 backbox arm bolts and lift off head, Easy!!

IMG_8742.jpg IMG_8741.jpg

Next up is playfield removal which we can get to later.

Attachments

• IMG_8735.JPG
    IMG_8735.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8736.JPG
    IMG_8736.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8737.JPG
    IMG_8737.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8745.jpg
    IMG_8745.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 13
yup, the graphics/videos are superb on this game, although to be honest when playing you don't have that much time to notice them. I got extra ball and the bomb animation for that is superb!

Back
Top Bottom