What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Glorious Day in Gotham City...

@Neil McRae Did your playfield get signed? If it did where the hell was it signed?
Unless I'm going blind it must of been signed with a marker which only shows under ultra violet light. And I don't have one!!

yup signed on both sides in the outlines by Gomez and Sheats.

If you can't see it and with your silver ramps I'm wondering if they stuck a premium play field in your LE?

Neil.

oops, i think they've sent you a Lemium ;)

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
New game card created ready to try out the new software. Original card kept safe just in case. Updating shortly

IMG_8794.jpg

Well that was harder than it should have been. Seems the latest update only works on usb3 pen sticks not older usb2 ones. Strange, as the first update i did from 0.65 to 0.71 worked on my trusty 2.0 one, then this one from 0.71 to 0.75 would lock up before the selection screen unless a v3.0 one was used.

I've selected the full verify to, from this new menu screen :)

Hope this info helps anyone with issue now or future.

IMG_8795.JPG

Awesome update! Loads of new stuff. Riddler mode so much better and super skill shot works now to

Have any owners messed with game settings yet. I like the 'allow major villains stacking' option to be turned on so you can have multiple modes running at the same time, but currently its difficult to get joker going more than once and you really need to get that one going first as the shots are blocked once the table turns.

had a similar issue with USB2 stick - the one I used to install the previous version wouldn't work - had to use a new one which happened to be USB3 but not sure if thats why it worked. I have a feeling its to do with the filesystem. When using the old one despite deleting the old update it kept finding it when i went to install it...

Trusty old SanDisk 32gb I've had for donkeys. Worked flawlessly on last 2 updates. It's full of mp3 and only had 5gb spare on it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

had a similar issue with USB2 stick - the one I used to install the previous version wouldn't work - had to use a new one which happened to be USB3 but not sure if thats why it worked. I have a feeling its to do with the filesystem. When using the old one despite deleting the old update it kept finding it when i went to install it...
Trusty old SanDisk 32gb I've had for donkeys. Worked flawlessly on last 2 updates. It's full of mp3 and only had 5gb spare on it.

The new updater is obviously more particular about the type of drive and therefore the embedded chipset used. Its this link that's the important part and as the updater screen is now different the underlying code and os has changed. As i said before usb3 drives seem to work better as the chipsets are more likely inline with what the updater wants. Of course there are probably certain old sticks which have chipsets that 'll work to, but the important point is newer drives are gonna be needed going forward.

Not that fun when your game locks up during an update...

How long does it take to update? JJP machines take very little time (2 mins?), Sterns on SAM and SPIKE1 take 20+ minutes

How long does it take to update? JJP machines take very little time (2 mins?), Sterns on SAM and SPIKE1 take 20+ minutes

Not actually timed it but i reckon around 10 minutes. Update size for these new spike 2 lcd games is roughly 4gb in size to

Yeah my first update was about 15 mins - last one was about 7-8 - lots of movie files take up a lot of space. The new code is superb - Lyman applying the polish and it shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts to fit later or at the weekend. Looks like the ramp kit comes with both the extended clear plastic and also the left outline deflector bracket. The clear plastic is the part i wanted most. Also when playing last week my bat mobile unscrewed itself and one of the screws dropped into the gap between the mini playfield and main one. Luckily, we spotted it before it turned!! Yikes! Good to see the riveted one arrive

IMG_8924.jpg
IMG_8925.jpg

Yup,grew up watching this guy and ended up with his signature on my pinball machine.
Rip Batman :(

"Another Glorious Day in Gotham City"

As the title of my thread says really!! To all the pinside naysayers...

IMG_8975.JPG

yeah great shot, glad stern published it, I think they might be learning from CGC's excellent use of Social media.

Whilst the guy who posted Lyman was off was completely wrong I think the concern about this is valid, it was rumoured that Lyman was going to be working on Elvira 3 and thats due for launch early next year.

Neil.

yeah great shot, glad stern published it, I think they might be learning from CGC's excellent use of Social media.

Whilst the guy who posted Lyman was off was completely wrong I think the concern about this is valid, it was rumoured that Lyman was going to be working on Elvira 3 and thats due for launch early next year.

Neil.

Well time will tell. I've been collecting games for a long long time and know who i put my faith in with new games. You can't just make up rumours for 'pinside drama' effect

as an example i bought a new spiderman when it was first released in 2007. That came with v0.9. read up about how the development of that went....

yes I think we all have great confidence in Lyman, less so in Stern especially if you look at Ghostbusters and Kiss where the code development was shelved for new games despite major bugs or missing features.

Back
Top Bottom