What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
An important question for me would be how much of the design had Richie already completed?

If he'd more or less mapped out the shots and ramps then it becomes less appealing. However if it's 70% Gomez 30% SR then I'd be very excited.
I'm pretty sure I remember Gomez saying he scrapped SR's design and started over like he did when he took over DP

I'm pretty sure I remember Gomez saying he scrapped SR's design and started over like he did when he took over DP

Oh really? I wasn't aware that he'd taken over Deadpool.

Anyway, if he's binned all the original layout then I'm happy. Nothing against Richie, I just prefer Gomez games.

An important question for me would be how much of the design had Richie already completed?

If he'd more or less mapped out the shots and ramps then it becomes less appealing. However if it's 70% Gomez 30% SR then I'd be very excited.
Gomez started over from scratch so he says, like he did with Deadpool. The interesting part is 3 flippers is bloody rare from Gomez.

Oh really? I wasn't aware that he'd taken over Deadpool.

Anyway, if he's binned all the original layout then I'm happy. Nothing against Richie, I just prefer Gomez games.
You can look up the story but John Trudeau was originally on Deadpool and got arrested. Gomez took over and apparently scrapped everything. The way I've heard him tell it, they had very limited time to make the game so he went and grabbed 2 of the B66 ramps and popped them on the playfield and went from there. It's also why the animations are that 8-bit style, it fits really well with the game imo but they did them like that because they were short on time.

You can look up the story but John Trudeau was originally on Deadpool and got arrested. Gomez took over and apparently scrapped everything. The way I've heard him tell it, they had very limited time to make the game so he went and grabbed 2 of the B66 ramps and popped them on the playfield and went from there. It's also why the animations are that 8-bit style, it fits really well with the game imo but they did them like that because they were short on time.

That is a great story. It's ironic that Deadpool seems so finished and polished too.

Certainly the catwoman ramp on the right of 66 is very much like the left ramp on Deadpool. It makes it even more impressive that they were able to come up with the innovative katana ramp into the sword hilt given the time restrictions.

Reactions: Jib
A Ka-ching game 😉
Unfortunately the licence wil make it a ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching and one more ka-ching game.

I suspect that why we have only ever seen two bond pins one from the late 70's and Goldeneye, which was a film before it was release had bond written off. So they where keen to licence everything, including N64 games 😀😏🥳

That is a great story. It's ironic that Deadpool seems so finished and polished too.

Certainly the catwoman ramp on the right of 66 is very much like the left ramp on Deadpool. It makes it even more impressive that they were able to come up with the innovative katana ramp into the sword hilt given the time restrictions.
I recommend listening to any podcast with an interview with Gomez if you have time. It's always interesting to hear him talk and he did a little round on different podcasts fairly recently, I think there were 3 different ones I listened to.

I recommend listening to any podcast with an interview with Gomez if you have time. It's always interesting to hear him talk and he did a little round on different podcasts fairly recently, I think there were 3 different ones I listened to.

Thanks mate, I definitely will.. . I'll make time so appreciate the tip-off

He's agreed to pop on the Chinwag at some point too which I'll really look forward to.

In case you're interested, Gomez interviews
The Super Awesome Pinball Show Episodes 30-32
Just Another Pinball Podcast on The Pinball Network Ep 30

There was another one I listened to but I can't remember where lol

It's also why the animations are that 8-bit style, it fits really well with the game imo but they did them like that because they were short on time.
That’s a bit disappointing TBH….
When you watch the making of Deadpool it insinuates 8 bit style was by design.
Not a result of only having enough time to do Vic 20 style graphics with crappy frame rate.

This poses a problem.

Gomez is my favourite designer and I love the prospect of a Aston Martin mech in a Bond theme.

However money would mean either Batman66, Deadpool, Monster Bash or Godzilla would have to go.

Tricky one.
I'll take MB when you're ready Kris :)

ad I understand it Steve hadn’t done much on the game anyway.
and yes Joe has a 007 DB5

it even has machine guns that fire (not bullets obvs!)

neil.

I'll take MB when you're ready Kris :)

Come over and play it Dan. The mancave is a building site at the moment but it needs to be finished by August and I have a couple of other pins arriving too so there's plenty to play.

Come over and play it Dan. The mancave is a building site at the moment but it needs to be finished by August and I have a couple of other pins arriving too so there's plenty to play.
Would love to. I'll give you a shout once I emerge from all these 50th birthday bashes. My social calendar, hitting the mid century mark, has gone nuts! :)

The 8bit style graphics send this pin into another dimesion for me and part of what makes it so great. Not only that but the sounds are reminiscent of the arcades in the later-80s / early 90s and the modes very street fighter/streets of rage esk. I find it hard to accept they were rushed but more well planned to fit the theme to perfection.
DP is bolted to the floor for me and ive at least 5 pins that would go well before it even gets conidered. Nothing is a keeper its more an offer you cant refuse and I turned down 13k on mine recently and that alone speaks volumes.

Like Col I have turned down really serious money for mine and it's only a pro.

Unless the bailiffs come knocking at the door it will never leave.

Not sure where the info about the 8 bit came from but that was an intended idea that ultimately ended up taking them more time, so it wasn’t a choice due to a time limit as the whole process took far more time and man hours than if they had just gone with simple renders. Stern speak about the graphics in the making off Deadpool.

Not sure where the info about the 8 bit came from but that was an intended idea that ultimately ended up taking them more time, so it wasn’t a choice due to a time limit as the whole process took far more time and man hours than if they had just gone with simple renders. Stern speak about the graphics in the making off Deadpool.
Apologies for mis-information then, I thought I heard that on a podcast from Gomez but maybe I read it somewhere non reliable…like my posts 😆

yes that was what George said at Pinball Expo, they added some of the game features after (berserker rage) not because the rules hadn't been coded but because they didn't have the supporting animations.

yes that was what George said at Pinball Expo, they added some of the game features after (berserker rage) not because the rules hadn't been coded but because they didn't have the supporting animations.
It’s a shame Dwight and Borg didn’t add some of the 8bit stuff to TMNT, it would have been a great throw back to the TMNT arcade games.

Back
Top Bottom