What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Stern quality control to a new low of forgetting to put some nuts into the screws to hold the cabinet speaker in place.
That would explain why when I was unpacking it, it looked like there was no cabinet speaker installed 🤦‍♂️View attachment 181243
At least you got a cash box clip - I didn't; had to lift the playfield to get out from the back of the machine. Luckily it didn't do any damage on its way there.

Still trying to figure out the scoring strategies on this. ie when is it best to leave a city and when best to stay?

i am struggling to get far with the tank or bridge multiballs. but these seem key to getting a good carnage bonus when you do switch city’s.

hedorah always seems to start just as i drain a ball. shame because if you can keep a ball in play for a long time. that can build into a nice extra score. i don’t think you can get it twice in a game?

the video clips - no way to cancel most of them. that’s starting to grate on me now.

The key scoring strategies (outside of the overall goal) that I have found success with.

All of these, saving and taking Rodan into them is key for scoring big (and obviously playing them well)

Megalon (500m+)
Rampage (1B+)
The 2 Tier 2 Battles with King Ghidora (1B+)
Monster Zero (1B+)
Terror of Mecha (on the premium, I've never done much on a pro) (1B+)

But obviously for the huge scores it's all about getting lots and lots of Destruction Jackpots. The ultimate aim is to play all 4 monster monitor modes (well) in each city and get to planet X. But obviously that's very hard to do, I've managed it once on a premium, not yet on a Pro.

My advice for you now Alan, rather than just trying to play all monster monitors in every city (which will probably get very frustrating, pretty quick) work backwards. Do what you have been doing, race to the 4th city ignoring the monster monitor modes in the first 3 cities, but then when you get there, try maxing it out, playing all of the monster monitors as well as you can, staying in the city until all 4 are done before starting Planet X. This way you should have a decent Destruction Jackpot multiplier (maybe 6x or more) and playing all 4 of the modes will mean the base value is also decent.

Once you have accomplished doing that, keep working backwards, adding in the 3rd city maxed etc.

Good luck mate!

The key scoring strategies (outside of the overall goal) that I have found success with.

All of these, saving and taking Rodan into them is key for scoring big (and obviously playing them well)

Megalon (500m+)
Rampage (1B+)
Monster Zero (1B+)

But obviously for the huge scores it's all about getting lots and lots of Destruction Jackpots. The ultimate aim is to play all 4 monster monitor modes (well) in each city and get to planet X. But obviously that's very hard to do, I've managed it once on a premium, not yet on a Pro.

My advice for you now Alan, rather than just trying to play all monster monitors in every city (which will probably get very frustrating, pretty quick) work backwards. Do what you have been doing, race to the 4th city ignoring the monster monitor modes in the first 3 cities, but then when you get there, try maxing it out, playing all of the monster monitors as well as you can, staying in the city until all 4 are done before starting Planet X. This way you should have a decent Destruction Jackpot multiplier (maybe 6x or more) and playing all 4 of the modes will mean the base value is also decent.

Once you have accomplished doing that, keep working backwards, adding in the 3rd city maxed etc.

Good luck mate!

Do those strategies work in comps 😶

Megalon (500m+)
Rampage (1B+)
Monster Zero (1B+)

Good luck mate!
Thanks Craig - but why wait until the last city before playing the other modes (bridge, tanks, tesla power) ? This is the bit I am not getting?

Thanks Craig - but why wait until the last city before playing the other modes (bridge, tanks, tesla power) ? This is the bit I am not getting?
So in each city that you play, the Destruction Jackpot base value resets, but the multiplier doesn't. Obviously in an ideal world you wouldn't wait until the last city, you would play them all, in all cities. But if we are talking realistically, for maximising score, in the 4th city you will have collected all the perks for each city, building the destruction jackpot multiplier to a nice level. Then you want to try to build your base destruction jackpot value as high as possible in the 4th city (playing Godzilla multi, Mecha multi, Tesla, tank, bridge as well as possible) and cashing as many Destruction Jackpots as possible (preferably with Rodan running on the collects). Then obviously Planet X after as well 👊

Aha right. so what you’re saying is it’s really hard to play successive tank, bridge , tesla rounds (i think i’ve got to second tank a couple of times) so save them for later.

I’ve sometimes got a multiplier on the carnage bonus but not sure what gives that ? often it’s just the 1x but i’ve occasionally got 2x and 3x very occasionally.

Aha right. so what you’re saying is it’s really hard to play successive tank, bridge , tesla rounds (i think i’ve got to second tank a couple of times) so save them for later.

I’ve sometimes got a multiplier on the carnage bonus but not sure what gives that ? often it’s just the 1x but i’ve occasionally got 2x and 3x very occasionally.
oh figured the carnage multiplier. it’s +1x for every anhiallation bonus lit on the current ball. plus another 1 if all lit in the city

To decide whether you leave a city or not, I basically look at Power lines, Tank, and Bridge progress.

If I've started none of them move on straight away.
If I've played 2, stay and play the 3rd.
If I've played all 3 stay and focus on starting either of the standard MBs.

The reasoning for this is 2 fold.
The city bonus is based on the scores you achieved in the modes above, and multiplies by the number you completed.
Once you've played one you'll have a scoring opportunity lit at all times (one of the blue power standups, a tank insert lit or the captuve ball after a certain amount of swotch hits) which will be a percentage of the score achieved in the mode. If you've played them well these can be massive.

The PROGRESS you've made towards starting any of these carries over from city to city.

Typically I'll complete the first monster, then move on to next city before playing any modes. The 2nd City (because there's already progress made towards them) I'll play all 3 ASAP and then stay in the City as long as possible collecting the anhilation bonuses and starting mbs - I usually have to move after a ball ricochets into the scoop.

Although saying that I've had scores over 1Billion without leaving the first city at all.

To decide whether you leave a city or not, I basically look at Power lines, Tank, and Bridge progress.

If I've started none of them move on straight away.
If I've played 2, stay and play the 3rd.
If I've played all 3 stay and focus on starting either of the standard MBs.

The reasoning for this is 2 fold.
The city bonus is based on the scores you achieved in the modes above, and multiplies by the number you completed.
Once you've played one you'll have a scoring opportunity lit at all times (one of the blue power standups, a tank insert lit or the captuve ball after a certain amount of swotch hits) which will be a percentage of the score achieved in the mode. If you've played them well these can be massive.

The PROGRESS you've made towards starting any of these carries over from city to city.

Typically I'll complete the first monster, then move on to next city before playing any modes. The 2nd City (because there's already progress made towards them) I'll play all 3 ASAP and then stay in the City as long as possible collecting the anhilation bonuses and starting mbs - I usually have to move after a ball ricochets into the scoop.

Although saying that I've had scores over 1Billion without leaving the first city at all.
Right that makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you @Wayne J

I spent an hour yesterday just trying to dial in the shots i’m not hitting. the left spinner and for some reason, i can get the left ramp a lot easier than the right ramp? So plenty of right ramp practice too.

Ok everyone,
I find myself in a curious scenario, as some of you may know I recently sold my AIQ PREM and replaced it with a GODZILLA PREM. It’s early doors I know, but I am struggling to like GZ. AIQ I really enjoyed playing , the flow was awesome (felt similar to SM / ATM or T2/MM) also had some really satisfying shots, for example: Hulk spinner thru the pop’s and into the open portal, the inverse gravity ramp, the tower drop for Hawkeye, numerous skill shots......all great shots.
Thing is It always made me feel like I needed another game........ Godzilla, currently just not feeling it(!)(?).
Been going over and over the possible reasons in my head...
1). Lack of experience. I just haven’t played it enough yet. (AIQ liked it from the first play).
2). Rules. Could they be to complex , due to a variety of strategies. (GZ from what I know is not that linear ).
3). Theme. Could the theme be putting me off, never been a Godzilla fan, but grew up in the eighties reading marvel comics.
4). The coin door design. It’s got a weird off centre coin slot door thingy which doesn’t allow me to fit the stunning @Colywobbles coin door decal mod.
Anyone here owned both games and got any points of view they would like to share, please?
Or else there will be a Godzilla premium for sale ad, ain’t nobody got time fer that!
(Also Jack @NewForestPinballJr would suffer trauma and never forgive me).
Please somebody help me out, yours truly... Keef😎
(Note I am fully aware of the fact I am a complete classics fanatic....so don’t go pointing out the obvious 👊🏼

Ok everyone,
I find myself in a curious scenario, as some of you may know I recently sold my AIQ PREM and replaced it with a GODZILLA PREM. It’s early doors I know, but I am struggling to like GZ. AIQ I really enjoyed playing , the flow was awesome (felt similar to SM / ATM or T2/MM) also had some really satisfying shots, for example: Hulk spinner thru the pop’s and into the open portal, the inverse gravity ramp, the tower drop for Hawkeye, numerous skill shots......all great shots.
Thing is It always made me feel like I needed another game........ Godzilla, currently just not feeling it(!)(?).
1). Lack of experience. I just haven’t played it enough yet. (AIQ liked it from the first play).
2). Rules. Could they be to complex , due to a variety of strategies. (GZ from what I know is not that linear ).
3). Theme. Could the theme be putting me off, never been a Godzilla fan, but grew up in the eighties reading marvel comics.
4). The coin door design. It’s got a weird off centre coin slot door thingy which doesn’t allow me to fit the stunning @Colywobbles coin door decal mod.
Anyone here owned both games and got any points of view they would like to share, please?
Or else there will be a Godzilla premium for sale ad, ain’t nobody got time fer that!
(Note I am fully aware of the fact I am a complete classics fanatic....so don’t go pointing out the obvious 👊🏼
Just fitted mine Keith.
Think it still looks good in this position.
20220918_120832.jpg

Looking at this skill shot shooter lane rattle issue today (again) and I've improved things somewhat.

Firstly, after reading about the repositioning of the shooter rod, it made zero difference.
Note also that the playfield has some left to right movement when your lowering the pf so just keep an eye on that each time you re-lower.

I'm no further ahead than having found an improvement, this is not really a final fix, but better to have the whole group on the final fix me thinks.

What I found was if you look down the shooter lane, with playfield in this position:-

20220916_161351.jpg

You can see the balls eye view of shooter lane and on my game, it has a clear pitch down to the right, whitch i think is causing some bouncing off the right wall and into the rattle point on playfield:-

20220916_161455.jpg

And so I unscrewed the screw shown here and lifted the stainless steel lane end gently, then placed a screwdriver underneath (just to create height) and i pushed down the left side of steel lane end with the aim of levelling the point at which the ball departs the shooter lane exit.
Then i returned the screw, the problem remained as the was still some pitch to the right again, caused by the supportive metal ball guide below, and so i then unscrewed the screw a full turn or so and checked the pitch was level at the end, or at cleast much closer to the eye.

I have tested 30 plunges and 6 rattled, 24 were clean. So it has a 20% rattle rate now. This is multiples of improvement.

I am thinking a washer under the ramp would enable me to tighten the screw properly if I had one. Meanwhile, I'll play with a screw loose, not ideal as screw may move. A washer could space just nice and allow things to tighten down fully.
Basically I believe the right hand side of shooter lane exit needs raising a fraction.

20220918_190632.jpg

Personally I think AIQ shoots better than GZ. Actually Elwin himself said as much on a podcast. Quickly before I get downvoted into oblivion, I will say that in my opinion GZ is a better package overall - it wins on pretty much every other aspect (apart from shots & layout).

In any case - it's ok to not like GZ. Everyone raves about the game and it can feel uncomfortable going against popular opinion. Pins are marmite! :)

Does the ball fire cleanly on your machine when the auto plunger fires? If so I cant see how adjusting that bit of the lane is the problem?

Does the ball fire cleanly on your machine when the auto plunger fires? If so I cant see how adjusting that bit of the lane is the problem?
Because when you auto plunge it fires a lot quicker than what you need to do the skill shot round the back of the third flipper.

Ok everyone,

Interesting Keith. I only just let Avengers go as well and I genuinely think it has one of the best layouts of all time. If you're dialed on it the ball flow looks like wizardry. I wasn't quite so keen on the theme tbh but it's a superb game. Little bit under appreciated compared to JP2 perhaps. All his games are top drawer. GZ is the only one I haven't played to death but it's a good theme for me, seems there's a few out there now so one day I'll grab a Pro.

Ok.....
Just to let you all know, one of you might be interested? 😂
After changing the black rubbers for colours, installing the side art, juicing the spinners, and fitting a few of @Colywobbles protectors the game is really growing on me. Probably because a). I have played it a little more......
b). It was just so black before the rubber change, much more cheerful looking now....
c). I am getting to grips with the rules gradually.....
d). Juiced spinners. Being a lover of classics you cannot beat a juicy spinner! Beforehand The Godzilla ones just seemed a bit clunky.
I get the feeling I am going to love it! 😍
Keef.......... 👊🏼
A2FC6FCC-3790-4A6D-AB00-5EA2AF99F00D.jpeg0FBBE87E-A11B-454A-BDB3-219CF664FC35.jpegD21BEA50-F660-4425-ACFC-99D5F92E9DF9.jpeg

New code is out.
V1.00.0 - September 19th, 2022
===King of the Monsters - added this final wizard mode that is qualified by playing Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla.
- Part 1 - single ball - Mothra outlane spotted, Rodan will not carryover into mode
- All Tier 1 monster battle shots are stacked.
- Defeat all monsters in 60 seconds +5 seconds for each city controlled. (60-80)
- Bounty value increases by value of each shot.
- Each defeated monster adds time and bounty X.
- Draining or running out of time starts Part 2.
- Part 2 - 4 ball multiball - Mothra outlane and Anguirus Add-A-Ball spotted.
- Shoot Under Flipper to light: 3 inserts (Advance Rampage, Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Left Ramp to light: 3 inserts (Advance Train, Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Building to light: 5 inserts (Damage Meter Low, Damage Meter Mid, Damage Meter High, Light Destruction Jackpot, Arrow)
- Shoot Center Spinner to light: 7 inserts (Tesla Strike, Tank, Arrow, 1, 2, 3, Heat Ray)
- Shoot Right Ramp to light: 2 inserts (Tank, Arrow)
- Shoot Big Loop to light: 2 inserts (Destruction Jackpot, Arrow)
- Shooting all 22 shots will light the Scoop for Bounty Collect x number of balls in play
- Draining down to single ball is allowed
- Anguirus will be automatically summoned if not used within 20 seconds of reaching single ball play
===Added Ultra Final Wizard Mode - Completing the Planet X Victory Challenge, Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Monster Zero, and King of the Monsters will start this mode.
===Secret Combos - collecting all 10 Secret Combos will also satisfy the Planet X Victory Challenge requirement of qualifying the ultra final wizard mode
===Insider Connected - added the following achievements:
- Shoot unique skill shots to collect a Skill Shot at 5X
- Collect a 5X Megalon award
- Defeat Ebirah in one attempt
- Defeat Titanosaurus in one attempt
- Defeat Gigan in one attempt
- Defeat Megalon in one attempt
- Score 200 Million+ in Monster Rampage
- Godzilla controls a single city
- Godzilla controls two cities
- Godzilla controls four cities
- Collect a Carnage Bonus of 50 Million+
- Collect a Carnage Bonus of 100 Million+
- Collect a Carnage Bonus 300 Million+
- Collect a Loop session total of 25 Million+
- Collect a Loop session total of 50 Million+
- Build Destruction Jackpot to 3X and collect it
- Build Destruction Jackpot to 8X and collect it
- Build up 25 total Godzilla Powerup energy in one game
- Reach Godzilla Powerup Level 15
- Score 50 Million+ during Hedorah
- Collect 50 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 150 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 300 Secret Combos - Lifetime
- Collect 10 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect 20 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect 30 Imposter Battle awards - Lifetime
- Collect Super Train Jackpot (PREM / LE only)
- Score 200 Million+ during Super Train (PREM / LE only)
- Start Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Score 1 Billion+ in Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Start Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Lock 3 balls in Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Get a Super Jackpot in Monster Zero mini wizard mode
- Start King of the Monsters wizard mode
- Defeat Ebirah, Titanosaurus, Gigan and Megalon in King of the Monsters
- Defeat King Ghidorah
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 500 Million+
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 1 Billion+
- Collect a King Ghidorah Bounty of 2 Billion+
- Start Monster Island Madness
===Godzilla Powerup - Powerup levels are now unlimited and can keep building
===Godzilla Powerup - Level Summary with latest changes:
- Level 1 (2) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
GODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +250K MECHAGODZILLA MB BASE JACKPOT +500K
LIGHT HEAT RAY SKILL SHOT +1X MULTIPLIER
15M POINTS LOOP VALUE +250K
DESTROY SAUCER SAUCER VALUE +500K
JET FIGHTER ATTACK VALUES +250K COLLECT 3X BONUS
SACUER ATTACK +3 SECONDS MONSTER RAMPAGE SPOT LETTER
- Level 2 (3) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
TIER 1 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS TIER 1 BATTLE TIME BONUS +5X
- Level 3 (4) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +3 SECONDS TIER 2 BATTLE TIMERS +10 SECONDS
- Level 4 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
LIGHT MONSTER ZERO (if qualified) LIGHT TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (if qualified) - scoop will not light until one is qualified
- Level 5 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
COLLECT IMPOSTER RAGE COMBO +3 SECONDS
- Level 6 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
RODAN TIMER +15 SECONDS MAGNA GRAB 2X
- Level 7 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
SUPER SPINNER 2X LOOP VALUE 2X
- Level 8 (6) - ONLY ONE CHOICE -
LIGHT MONSTER ZERO or LIGHT TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (whichever one wasn't lit in Level 4) - scoop will not light until remaining mode is qualified
- Level 9 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
DESTRUCTION JACKPOT +2X LIGHT ALL ALLIES
- Level 10 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
COLLECT 10X BONUS MONSTER RAMPAGE +1X
- Level 11 (6) - LEFT - - RIGHT -
+3 GODZILLA POWERUP LIGHT KING OF THE MONSTERS - scoop will not light until Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla have been played
===Terror of Mechagodzilla - fixed issue where speech would callout "almost there" when no flips can be awarded
===Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue where you could start the Super Jackpot timer in a different multiball by using Anguirus add a ball.
===Godzilla Vs. Megalon - Megalon shot now represented with a Purple color instead of Yellow to avoid conflicting with other arrows when rule is stacked with other shots
===Godzilla Vs. Megalon and Gigan - decrement the base Jackpot Value when Jet Jaguar is attacked
===Godzilla Rampage - fixed an issue with multiple Rampage letter being collected on the same shot
===Saucer Attack - added an award when you collect 9 saucers: +3 Godzilla Powerup
===Planet X - added and award of +6 Godzilla Powerup when you complete Planet X
===Super Train Loops - added timers to each award display and the background and standardize what part of the screen the timer appears
===Hedorah - lighting a second Hedorah from Secret Combos is now stackable
===Mystery - fixed an issue where you could light battle on Planet X should not be allowed
===Building Device - when balls are locked on the roof the second Ball Search will attempt to free any balls that may be trapped under the playfield
===End of Ball Bonus - scoring updates
- Tail Whip from 150K to 250K
- Godzilla Powerup from 100K to 200K
- Fighters from 200K to 350K
- Loops from 100K to 150K
===High Score Champions - added the King of the Monsters champion
===High Score Champions - added Godzilla Powerup champion
===DJ Mixer - added King of the Monsters songs

===Adjustment Changes:

- added "KING OF THE MONSTERS CHAMP SCORE"
- added "GODZILLA POWERUP CHAMPION"

===System - Updated to V3.22.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Corrected potential game reset issue.

- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or scanning
the WiFi setup QR code.

- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.

- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.

- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.

- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

Back
Top Bottom