What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’m getting a ball stuck on the bridge around once a game - ball search releases it but it’s obviously not meant to be that way. Anyone else had a similar issue?
yes same - see earlier. if the bridge rattles then sometimes it doesn’t close up again due to the plastics catching on each other. i’ve tried moving the plastics but still happening. so im going to shave a bit off the corners

So i sorted my sticking bridge.

just a fraction of a mm shaved off the corners of the plastics. rear plastic is hard to move as you can’t get to the fixing screws, so easier to just file a tiny bit off

FC7CDDD8-B2BC-4B65-BDC9-638BDC8D217C.jpeg
my finger pointing right at the corner i rounded off

I also took a very tiny bit off the front one as it was very very close to touching
570D3DB0-9675-4544-A927-AE65FB44C779.jpeg
Again it’s your the corner edge that needs a tiny filing off

Soft plunge rattle problem:
I’ve tried adjusting the plunger and tried various different alignments. none of these worked.

To me it seems like the shooter lane end is the problem. it’s curved, so if the ball is travelling at a slower speed, the ball tends to drop off to the left
67E71419-0BBC-471C-8586-4EE78938F469.jpeg
this then fires it into that stupid ball guide just to the left of the rollover switch

So…. I tried raising the lhs of the shooter lane up to encourage the ball to the right. however this didn’t work either

not sure what to try next ?

I’ve tried adjusting the plunger and tried various different alignments. none of these worked.

To me it seems like the shooter lane end is the problem. it’s curved, so if the ball is travelling at a slower speed, the ball tends to drop off to the left
View attachment 180756
this then fires it into that stupid ball guide just to the left of the rollover switch

So…. I tried raising the lhs of the shooter lane up to encourage the ball to the right. however this didn’t work either

You're right Al, it's a bad design. Someone on here had some success with moving the guide rail on the left side of the shooter lane ramp to the right so its tight up against the steel ramp rather than that gap you can see in your photo. It's not going to help with that curve on the end though with soft plunges but should help overall with less ball movement on that little ramp.

Anyone else unable to connect to Insider Connected? My game is online, I’ve registered it on my account, and it can check for software updates - but reports it’s unable to connect to Insider Connected. Deadpool connects fine on same AP.

FB796FAC-F8F9-4728-82BF-4646C43BF8FF.jpeg

E0CA5673-3C56-4C8F-AF04-43CD2ADDDC2B.jpeg

C5E5CB82-31B8-4E2C-B36E-932B5A1EC44F.jpeg

View attachment 180756

Argggg sorry mate, I must admit I do see similar myself although mine was a lot worse before I adjusted the plunger - in fact if you look back through this thread you can see how my plunger was offline.

I must admit I tend to just go for the easy skill shot now and just short plunge given sometimes a get the rattle too. Given how good the game is this does Seem a bit of a design failure.

Can anyone say what the standard adjustment setting average game time does?
Factory set to 1:45 & presumably its to adjust the game time, but how does it do that, and would it be a good alternative to adding additional balls for progressing into the game?

Anyone else unable to connect to Insider Connected? My game is online, I’ve registered it on my account, and it can check for software updates - but reports it’s unable to connect to Insider Connected. Deadpool connects fine on same AP.

View attachment 180823

View attachment 180824

View attachment 180826
Mine was so bad I've given up on IC completely.

I also get the rattle when plunging the skill shot and also my buttons inside the coin door rarely work.

None of the above really impacts me playing though

Mine was so bad I've given up on IC completely.

I also get the rattle when plunging the skill shot and also my buttons inside the coin door rarely work.

None of the above really impacts me playing though
My coindoor buttons are fine but I've read on pinside a few owners getting their buttons replaced for free. Must have been a faulty batch. Ask @Big Phil at Pinball Heaven to chase Stern for a replacement.

Just dialling in my flippers. Right flipper had been set by Stevie Wonder and was miles out.
Upper flipper I'm not sure where it's supposed to sit. Is it like the upper flipper on JP2 where the dot lines up with the edge of the bat, or is it standard dot to centre of bat?
I don't thinks it's where mine was as that caused a reject of the left ramp to graze the edge of the flipper and SDTM.
Also I've noticed with the upper flipper in it's rest position the flipper pawl is nowhere near the rubber stop. Is that normal? Lower flippers touch the rubber stop.

that graze of the upper flipper should only happen occasionally. it sometimes does it on mine it’s a killer sdtm on mine too.

that graze of the upper flipper should only happen occasionally. it sometimes does it on mine it’s a killer sdtm on mine too.
Only happening now if it rejects and kicks off the left hand side of the ramp entrance, which is how I guess it should be.

I got my GZ premium setup yesterday, but only really got to have a good go on it today. I too get the ball rattling up the shooter lane. It happens around 2/3 of the time. The 1/3 of the time that it shoots cleanly there isn't much power behind the ball.
Whenever the auto plunge fires it out, it fitted smoothly, cleanly and with much more force than I can shoot with the rod.

It does feel like the spring is a bit weak ( mine has a green spring which is the lower end of the different spring powers. I have a brand new spare orange spring (which are a bit stronger) that I'm going to try swapping in to see if that improves the launch

Shooter lane issue are best solved with a slo mo recording. Make sure you can see the ball, plunger rod making contact (see if it’s off centre) and the travel of the ball up the shooter lane. Should be easy to fix once you can see the problem.

My shooter for Mando was so off center it was trying to fire the ball out the side of the cabinet just realigned the shooter after watching it in slo mo problem solved.

Finally found the perfect (in my opinion) replacement for the ****ty flat Mechagodzilla plastic. Been literally looking since before I got the game, very happy with this one. It's 4 inches, so the same size as the plastic and fits perfectly.

I don't know what has happened to me since buying Godzilla. I had literally never bought a mod before buying Godzilla, now I have been scouring the internet for toy metal dinosaurs for months 🙈

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-17-12-29-24-979_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-17-12-29-24-979_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220917_122516.jpg
    IMG_20220917_122516.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220917_122334.jpg
    IMG_20220917_122334.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220917_122432.jpg
    IMG_20220917_122432.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20220829_211038.jpg
    IMG_20220829_211038.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 39
Finally found the perfect (in my opinion) replacement for the ****ty flat Mechagodzilla plastic. Been literally looking since before I got the game, very happy with this one. It's 4 inches, so the same size as the plastic and fits perfectly.

I don't know what has happened to me since buying Godzilla. I had literally never bought a mod before buying Godzilla, now I have been scouring the internet for toy metal dinosaurs for months 🙈
Spill the beans then Craig, wheres it from and how does it attach?

Spill the beans then Craig, wheres it from and how does it attach?

I got it here

It's sold out at the moment through zavvi, but I found it in a few other places as well when I was looking. The Godzilla that comes with it is also pretty good, I personally prefer the 7 inch one that I have in that corner as it's a much bigger area, but for around £20 it's a massive upgrade to both the terrible plastics that come with the Pro. Mecha also looks way better in real life than in the pictures, he looks really stubby in the pics, but he's perfectly in proportion IRL.

And in terms of fitting. Just strong double sided tape on the bottom of its feet, it's pretty solid and obviously reversible 👍

Cheers, Craig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom