What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
After watching the stream back from last night, combined with reading the rules.

I think I've got a handle on what needs doing. Even on current code it's going to take a mega game to get close to even a mini wizard mode.Screenshot_20211116-185325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Jib
Dave you do realise you were last because you phoned the kind ladies of Hadfields first? 😂

Mine was too steep too. I didn’t look at the bubble just set levellers where I normally do. But it was far too fast, so
to get the bubble in the middle I’ve ended up making ftont and rear levellers almost the same.
jeez a floaty nightmare - isnthe bubble installed the right way round?

jeez a floaty nightmare - isnthe bubble installed the right way round?
I'm not a fan of floatiness, it doesn't feel floaty to me, it was super fast before now its just very fast!

I don't normally bother with the bubble, I just adjust until it feels right. But thought I would try it this time to see if it makes it less brutal.

Mines set at 6.8°
Bubble is slightly above centre, front levellers fully down, rear 3/4 up
It feels as if it plays as it should, got a few rejects from the left loop/ramp (similar to rejects from the black panther orbit on AIQ) will have a look after the game is worn in a bit.

Pro or le which is better ? Is the pro enough like tmnt ? Or does it need all the bells and whistles ?

I doubt you lose anything on gameplay with the pro and it will probably play a bit faster.

The Prem & Le are packed with interactive toys though. The collapsing building and very clever physical ball lock, the bridge mechanism and the metal lizard dude with the magnet on the right hand side are all very cool.

I think there's probably more in the upgraded model on this than Mando for example.

I doubt you lose anything on gameplay with the pro and it will probably play a bit faster.

The Prem & Le are packed with interactive toys though. The collapsing building and very clever physical ball lock, the bridge mechanism and the metal lizard dude with the magnet on the right hand side are all very cool.

I think there's probably more in the upgraded model on this than Mando for example.
thanks for that gonzo , soooooo the question is for your money what would you buy ?

thanks for that gonzo , soooooo the question is for your money what would you buy ?
I’m not sure if there any LEs left Paul but like Kris said the building alone is an amazing toy and the best stern has ever produced IMO.
That and the bridge, MechaGZ make it a tour-de-force I hope they continue to load them up on their future releases.

Personally I would go for the Premium version, still available on preorder I guess and 3k cheaper than the LE.

I bought a pro purely because it was significantly cheaper, I would much rather have a Premium or LE but just can't justify the extra cost at the minute.

I'm always reluctant to spend anyone's money mate. A new pro is expensive anyway but it's all about opinions.

Let's say for arguments sake that the Prem is £2450 more than the pro. That's an awful lot of money and I'd want a lot for it but I guess it depends how much spare income you have but that sort of money takes long time for me to save.

Is the marvel ramp and subway on AIQ worth two and a half grand of my money? No. I don't feel I'm getting over two thousand pounds worth of extra enjoyment.

Is the projector and levitating ball thingy on Stranger Things worth the extra? Not for me

Is the tilting mini playfield and wireforms on Mando worth the extra? Not from my bank account.

However . . . I do feel you're getting a lot of of toy and mechanism for the extra £2.5k on Godzilla. Not extra shots as such but extra fun/toys/bling or as Scott would say 'pinball moments'.

I sort of imagine if they did a pro Elvira HOH. It's mech heavy like Godzilla but I just couldn't imagine it with a plastic cut-out house that did nothing, a loop instead of the crypt and no VUK or gargoyles mincing around.

What you will get with the Godzilla pro is a fantastic shooting pin which just seems easy to understand and play. Shoot the scoop for your battles, shoot the bridge to cripple it and attack the building. Each one is accompanied by a video clip that fits the mode. The other thing I love about this game is the varied way the ball can return to the flippers. There are all sorts of weird angles and sneaky ball routes.

Personally I think AIQ has the better shots and flow but the toys and video interaction on that Godzilla p1$$ all over it.

To answer your question mate I'd get the Premium but I can't afford it so that's that really. I'm a sucker for toys and mods and this game is just full of them. Hopefully I'll own one one day but my line-up will be Elvira, Deadpool, AIQ and a minty Bally Williams (which is yet to be decided) so I doubt it will be for a long time.

I would suggest playing any pin before buying it! Yes I know I sound like a hypocrite but I’ve had every Elwin pin and it was his 3rd effort AIQ that nailed it for me.
Both Maiden and JP were bought on others recommendations and what we are reading here “the hype train!”
Thankfully I lost nothing on the first 2 pins mainly due to pinflation madness but I’m not sure this trend can sustain itself on its current trajectory so I’ll end where I began.
Play before you shell out and anyone in my neck of the woods is more than welcome to play mine.

Congratulations to all the new owners. Pro or LE, it looks like you’ve got a really great game.

I love the video and sound packages. This is as good a use of a screen for movie clips as I’ve seen, possibly save Elvira. The toys on the Premium and LE make the game look like an old Williams game on steroids but with interesting modern code which will only improve.

I can’t wait to play one.

Is it here Dave
If you mean me @CHRIS B PINBALLS. Yup.
Arrived at around 17:30.

Only 1 guy this time round.. took it all the way up the alley behind the house, through next doors garden into mine and into the cabin.. puffing all the way.. and saying “it was only meant to be curb side delivery.!”

I did help him and gave him some £££ which he was chuffed about.
Sent an email to Hadfields to say how helpful he was.

Game not opened yet as had to go to work for a bit. Tomorrow 👌👍

Question, is GZ better than DP?
I know there’s a few owners of both on here :)
That is a good question. I was planning on buying a new DP but didn't want to wait until next year so ordered an AIQ. Then changed my mind and got one of the last GZ pro's on this shipment. Tough choice as all 3 are awesome games.

I would suggest playing any pin before buying it! Yes I know I sound like a hypocrite but I’ve had every Elwin pin and it was his 3rd effort AIQ that nailed it for me.
Both Maiden and JP were bought on others recommendations and what we are reading here “the hype train!”
Thankfully I lost nothing on the first 2 pins mainly due to pinflation madness but I’m not sure this trend can sustain itself on its current trajectory so I’ll end where I began.
Play before you shell out and anyone in my neck of the woods is more than welcome to play mine.
I've also had all 4 KME games (the only games I've ever bought NIB).

I saw IMdn at Pinfest & Tilt, and was instantly blown away by it. Head and shoulders above anything else I'd ever seen or played, and wasn't disappointed when I got one home.
Played JP at Tilt and it was exactly the same, I couldn't get enough of it, even taking a day off work to go over and play it all day, and again wasn't disappointed.
AIQ I had a few games at Tilt and took the plunge - for me it just didn't click in the same way. I don't know what it was, but I just found it too easy. Maybe it suited my style, but I got to all of the wizard modes less than a week after they were coded. It was easy to let it go.

So it was a nobrainer that I was going to get GZ, so far, I'm not disappointed and it could run JP close to being the best game I've played.

As for Pro over Prem - for me it's not so much about if it's worth the extra money - it's if I can afford it. The toys on the Prem are (in the main) undoubtedly fun, but the Pro is still a great gameplay experience. They do however tend to have more issues and need, at the minimum initial tweaking, at the worst they need constant tweaking or still don't work properly and need replacing.

There are subtle differences in the gameplay, with some features being easier on the Pros, others are easier on the Prems.

I've also had all 4 KME games (the only games I've ever bought NIB).

I saw IMdn at Pinfest & Tilt, and was instantly blown away by it. Head and shoulders above anything else I'd ever seen or played, and wasn't disappointed when I got one home.
Played JP at Tilt and it was exactly the same, I couldn't get enough of it, even taking a day off work to go over and play it all day, and again wasn't disappointed.
AIQ I had a few games at Tilt and took the plunge - for me it just didn't click in the same way. I don't know what it was, but I just found it too easy. Maybe it suited my style, but I got to all of the wizard modes less than a week after they were coded. It was easy to let it go.

So it was a nobrainer that I was going to get GZ, so far, I'm not disappointed and it could run JP close to being the best game I've played.

As for Pro over Prem - for me it's not so much about if it's worth the extra money - it's if I can afford it. The toys on the Prem are (in the main) undoubtedly fun, but the Pro is still a great gameplay experience. They do however tend to have more issues and need, at the minimum initial tweaking, at the worst they need constant tweaking or still don't work properly and need replacing.

There are subtle differences in the gameplay, with some features being easier on the Pros, others are easier on the Prems.

agree on the tweaking - the mechs are more complex on premiums. IMDN should have been fine but they forgot to put on thread lock on the captive balls, but all games suffered with **** plunge until my coil fix came along, JP2 didn’t need any tweaking at all, AIQ on some games just getting the disc level on premium was needed - And again the plunge on all models needed work. Godzilla seems ok so far. It honestly the gameplay Isn’t hugely affected although I get caught out. IMDN and JP2 pro slightly harder - AIQ pro much easier. JP2 is the only game that you really get very little for your extra money.

agree on the tweaking - the mechs are more complex on premiums. IMDN should have been fine but they forgot to put on thread lock on the captive balls, but all games suffered with **** plunge until my coil fix came along, JP2 didn’t need any tweaking at all, AIQ on some games just getting the disc level on premium was needed - And again the plunge on all models needed work. Godzilla seems ok so far. It honestly the gameplay Isn’t hugely affected although I get caught out. IMDN and JP2 pro slightly harder - AIQ pro much easier. JP2 is the only game that you really get very little for your extra money.
IMdn main difference/issue was the captive balls, as opposed to standup targets, but as you say an easy fix. Lifting ramp was nothing more than a novelty, but made it slightly easier to start modes. Mummy capture ball was interesting, but didn't really add anything. Gameplay very similar on both. I have no preference.

JP had issues with the raptor wall not being level with the playfield and needed adjusting, likewise the TRex wasn't always catching the ball correctly. Neither major problems though.
Trex capture is a novelty and although cool doesn't really add to gameplay. Raptor cage is the big game changer making the Prem easier to score raptor MB and lock a ball away during MB. prefer the Prem.

AIQ the portal disc needed adjusting on both Pro and Prem, but the subway was (and continues) to be a nightmare, and adds nothing to the game IMHO.
Prem allowing locking ball at raised Portal makes it easier than Pro, also slows gameplay down significantly. Captain Marvel ramp allows for much bigger scoring opportunities, BUT spinner replacement easier to hit on the Pro. Thor captive ball doesn't have to travel as far on the Pro making it easier. Prefer the Pro

GZ. Haven't played a Prem yet, but from what I can tell easier to start GZ MB on the Pro and the prem looks to be a bit more intuitive as to what to hit. Time will tell which I prefer.

Back
Top Bottom