What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
He's just forgotten what it's like to have a budget that's all. Last week when I was collecting Jessica from school two mums were talking and one said "I don't know how anyone can shop at Aldi... it's gross". 😂

Daniel just hasn't considered that for many it's not 'Premium or fail', it's 'Pro or nothing' and it may well take 2 years to save that much.

It's not particularly nice to save up for a couple of years for your dream purchase to than be informed it's $h1t by someone who can afford a more expensive model.

Yeah Daniel seems like kind of a d1ck doesn't he

Last edited:
He's just forgotten what it's like to have a budget that's all. Last week when I was collecting Jessica from school two mums were talking and one said "I don't know how anyone can shop at Aldi... it's gross". 😂

Daniel just hasn't considered that for many it's not 'Premium or fail', it's 'Pro or nothing' and it may well take 2 years to save that much.

It's not particularly nice to save up for a couple of years for your dream purchase to than be informed it's $h1t by someone who can afford a more expensive model.
It’s the same in most hobbies unfortunately.
I’ve just got out of collecting old school bmx, for that exact same reason. Guys with unlimited funds, making fun of other guys because they have restored a Raleigh burner, saying things like “why did you bother, it’s not a real bmx !
It’s sad, but you will always see it, what ever the hobbie

I’ve just got out of collecting old school bmx, for that exact same reason. Guys with unlimited funds, making fun of other guys because they have restored a Raleigh burner, saying things like “why did you bother, it’s not a real bmx !

I had a Burner and a Striker at one point but the cool kids had the chopper.

Yeah, cameras are no different. I just purchased some lovely Lumix S5's. Got told that is was a waste of money because it doesn't record 10bit 8k. Apparently I should have purchased the one that cost 3k more.

It has to be said that most people aren't like that though, just the odd one. Most people I know with big collections are only too happy to help and are genuinely pleased for anyone that gets into pinball at whatever level.

Got a couple of Haro bikes here I was going to give to the grandkids🤔😂

Burners are awesome. I still ride mine!;

Attachments

• screen-20211027-143850~2.mp4
    35.6 MB
I had a Burner and a Striker at one point but the cool kids had the chopper.

Yeah, cameras are no different. I just purchased some lovely Lumix S5's. Got told that is was a waste of money because it doesn't record 10bit 8k. Apparently I should have purchased the one that cost 3k more.

It has to be said that most people aren't like that though, just the odd one. Most people I know with big collections are only too happy to help and are genuinely pleased for anyone that gets into pinball at whatever level.
Still got a chopper, 1976 quicksilver
Might be going soon though, to help fund my first pin !

If they are 80s haros, look after them, as with most things, prices have gone mental
I bought them for my youngest boys so only about 10/15 years old so nothing on those proper 80’s ones, I always wanted one so treated them😎

dont get into cars 😂

I got to put some quality time on the pro version today at Funland Russell Square.
I spent 3 hours playing it, so addictive.

I have to say I love it, those of you who have one on order won’t be disappointed. So much fun and satisfying making combo shots. It took me a while to work out how to kill the other Godzilla type beasts, I read the screen what I should be aiming for on each monster. The first one is just go for the 3 spinners, one of the others was a matter of going for a ramp and then go for the building and repeat until dead.

Favourite quote has to be “Good golly miss Molly”
Excellent use for the button as well, once powered up in multiball you need to hold your finger down on it to maximize power for bigger points on lit shots. Easier said than done when trying to keep multiple balls in play. The highest I got it up to was 61 million per shot and I managed to get a few shots in with that reward.

I love how you can play the game ( option at start of game) with Japanese call outs, it really gets you into the theme even if you can’t understand what they are saying.

The bonus seems a little low compared to other Elwin games ( I think the most I got was around 15 million), but once you get into the swing of things quite easy to get good scores with multipliers and stacking multiball with modes.

The only complaint I have is the magnet that grabs the ball. It is really flakey and most of the time didn’t work. When it does work it really is a game changer and helps line up loop shots on the top flipper.

Overall on my time spent on it I give it a 9 out of 10, up there with Iron Maiden and Avengers. Jurassic Park 2 never really hooked me in the same as his other games.
1EC6C2C9-FD81-4F54-B1E8-2E72930EBD20.jpeg

As someone who has pony recently started to get into modern stern games, Chris brings up something that I have trouble with.
If you walk up to a Stern game with the button on the lockdown bar, how do you know when to use it?

I don't think I've ever used the button when intended, even though nearly every game at Neil's has them. I just hit it when the ball drains in the hope it'll do something 😂

Work has begun on my Godzilla mods, it’s all WIP and I’ve changed it several times over and still not in stone yet so to give some idea what direction I’ve gone in instated with a simple coindoor plate which took forever as the Godzilla font was all hand drawn using an original as a template.
Then I scrapped it once burned and have been on ever since but kinda know where I’m going now.
My 1st long drawn out effort produced this.
AD9B0C5F-45E5-4125-8C2F-A09AC0452891.jpeg

Rethink and start again made a big difference but had me spending far too much time on this lot.
6C7835DE-E319-45B6-91EF-854CCB7BB3A0.jpeg

Kinda settled here now! I’ll burn them off and see how they look.
Any input welcome and see anything you prefer just say or DM for a customs one if you want.
8C6FCDEC-6354-456A-9C93-19144FCA73BD.jpeg

I’ll be back with possibly a whole new approach next time 😝

I got to put some quality time on the pro version today at Funland Russell Square.

I have to say I love it, those of you who have one on order won’t be disappointed. So much fun and satisfying making combo shots. It took me a while to work out how to kill the other Godzilla type beasts, I read the screen what I should be aiming for on each monster. The first one is just go for the 3 spinners, one of the others was a matter of going for a ramp and then go for the building and repeat until dead.

Excellent use for the button as well, once powered up in multiball you need to hold your finger down on it to maximize power for bigger points on lit shots. Easier said than done when trying to keep multiple balls in play. The highest I got it up to was 61 million per shot and I managed to get a few shots in with that reward.

I love how you can play the game ( option at start of game) with Japanese call outs, it really gets you into the theme even if you can’t understand what they are saying.

The bonus seems a little low compared to other Elwin games ( I think the most I got was around 15 million), but once you get into the swing of things quite easy to get good scores with multipliers and stacking multiball with modes.

The only complaint I have is the magnet that grabs the ball. It is really flakey and most of the time didn’t work. When it does work it really is a game changer and helps line up loop shots on the top flipper.

Overall on my time spent on it I give it a 9 out of 10, up there with Iron Maiden and Avengers. Jurassic Park 2 never really hooked me in the same as his other games.
View attachment 151526
Have to agree on pretty much everything, I spent some time on it last night, had a dabble on the others including JP2 and I've just never gelled with that game, but then I've never had one at home. I think my Elwyn order would be Maiden, AIQ, this (but early days) then JP2. The lady running the place mentioned an upcoming tournament, presume it's been mentioned on here somewhere.

Work has begun on my Godzilla mods, it’s all WIP and I’ve changed it several times over and still not in stone yet so to give some idea what direction I’ve gone in instated with a simple coindoor plate which took forever as the Godzilla font was all hand drawn using an original as a template.
Then I scrapped it once burned and have been on ever since but kinda know where I’m going now.
My 1st long drawn out effort produced this.
View attachment 151546

Rethink and start again made a big difference but had me spending far too much time on this lot.
View attachment 151558

Kinda settled here now! I’ll burn them off and see how they look.
Any input welcome and see anything you prefer just say or DM for a customs one if you want.
View attachment 151559

I’ll be back with possibly a whole new approach next time 😝

Looks fabulous mate

As someone who has pony recently started to get into modern stern games, Chris brings up something that I have trouble with.
If you walk up to a Stern game with the button on the lockdown bar, how do you know when to use it?

I don't think I've ever used the button when intended, even though nearly every game at Neil's has them. I just hit it when the ball drains in the hope it'll do something 😂
I think most of the people who are commenting here have the games at home TBH - or, at least, have spent multiple hours on the same game (correct me if I’m wrong).

I’ve played GZ and JP2 a number of times now, but it’s been in hour slots, usually accompanied by my Flipper Beast. The Flipper Beast prefers to balance on my feet to play because he’s still slightly too small to comfortably see the playfield, and we (mostly) like the same pins - so, that limits the number of times I personally can play in an hour**.

I still have no idea how to use the button on new Sterns. I tried reading the instructions on GZ, but the text was very small and I’m rubbish at rules, anyway - so I gave up. I did watch some of Keith Edwin’s gameplay video on JP2 once, just enough to understand that I was supposed to rescue park staff and progress through paddocks. Mostly I’m just learning by shooting the flashing shots, listening to the callouts, and seeing what works. If it indicates I should press the button, e.g. on the Deadpool Pro at Chief Coffee, I’ve done that.

** I had a couple of teenagers spectating the Flipper Beast on Thursday. I gave them a suspicious look and they moved on, but I think they were impressed that the Flipper Beast had activated a mode in the Mandalorian and was making shots. The Flipper Beast likes the Mandalorian for some unknown reason, although he says he prefers GZ and JP2.

Reactions: PAX

View attachment 151526
Any idea if it was running the latest code Chris? This magnet overheating issue is a bit worrying, do stern test anything?

This magnet overheating issue is a bit worrying, do stern test anything?
When I was playing it, the magnet held onto the ball for an unfeasibly long time. You could practically get a coffee and come back.

I assume this is something that can/will be fixed with code?

This isn't a hobby issue, it's a people issue. You see it everywhere - some with money like to think it makes them better than others. Personally I view it as nothing more than a beacon of insecurity. What does it say about a person if they rely upon their bank balance to make them feel good about themselves?

Fortunately most aren't like that as you note, but they're always present. I just tend to pity them.

This isn't a hobby issue, it's a people issue. You see it everywhere - some with money like to think it makes them better than others. Personally I view it as nothing more than a beacon of insecurity. What does it say about a person if they rely upon their bank balance to make them feel good about themselves?

Fortunately most aren't like that as you note, but they're always present. I just tend to pity them.
Couldn’t have said it better myself, you can only buy so much. Always looking for the next fix that never fixes it!

Any idea if it was running the latest code Chris? This magnet overheating issue is a bit worrying, do stern test anything?
Hi Kev, I’m not sure what code it was running, hopefully with later code fixes it 🤞🏼

when it flashes.

Hi Kev, I’m not sure what code it was running, hopefully with later code fixes it 🤞🏼

pretty sure thats running old code esp with what you describe in the scoring. The new code helps with the magnet issue but doesn't cure it. New code imminent.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom