What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Escape from Megaverse Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
How does that compare with fiat currency? The only time new fiat is generated is by governments printing more money, which devalues the money in your pocket.
it doesn’t compare. fiat currency is so widely trusted and accepted and used that we all blindly believe in it. the sad fact is that it’s just another con, but so subtle, most cannot see it. but cut to the chase. would you rather have a bitcoin bank account or a sterling one?

On my way to Leeds last week we stopped at a services.

Lambo pulled up next to us with a plate with 'NFT' in it.

Kid gets out barely looks 18.

Sums up what I think of NFT's. Owned by rich twat influencers peddling junk to their masses of lemmings so they can drive around in luxury.

And that doesn't even cover the insane ecological impact of mining. And for what? So crypto bros can gamble more, idiots can go to celebrity back patting retreats and people can use daft ape avatars on twitter to show how much disposable income they have.

Can't wait to see it all burn to the ground.
Oh it’s burning bit coin trading at 69k around Christmas 17k this weekend back to 20k today after a Hugh bail out by one company lots of market makers removing the sell button and tons of redundancy in crypto companies free won’t belong before it goes pop

Was always going to happen I have mates that have hassled me to get on board for years and yes I may have made something but I’m not a gambling man and never will be.

Back to the pin is there any footage or have you got to buy it and not show anyone, I’m confused with it all so it must be an age thing. 🤪

it doesn’t compare. fiat currency is so widely trusted and accepted and used that we all blindly believe in it. the sad fact is that it’s just another con, but so subtle, most cannot see it. but cut to the chase. would you rather have a bitcoin bank account or a sterling one?

I'll perhaps meet you in the middle and concede that I think central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) are the most likely outcome. Basically crypto currencies that are centralised and managed by national governments. All the many upsides of Bitcoin in regards to cutting out the middleman banks, transaction processors etc, but still allows government to continue to fiddle the books.

I think Bitcoin will continue to be around for a long time yet though.

Oh it’s burning bit coin trading at 69k around Christmas 17k this weekend back to 20k today after a Hugh bail out by one company lots of market makers removing the sell button and tons of redundancy in crypto companies free won’t belong before it goes pop

and the cypto suckers saying that by being in crypto the banks and institutions don't own them! LOL muppets.

and the cypto suckers saying that by being in crypto the banks and institutions don't own them! LOL muppets.
Yep the main reason it’s crashing is that the banks and big hedge funds and financial institutions are selling off to create liquidity because they are in the **** too the big boom is coming

That photo doing the rounds with your butt sticking out a bathroom window says otherwise mate
I still don't quite get the concept but I think if the picture is sold as a NFT then it is not allowed to be posted online without the owners permission. Im confusing myslef now? However I guess the sole owner of this NFT (picture) could charge to show people it for a few seconds but I guess the mental scarring would stay with them for life and it would take some special kind of weirdo to actually want to even consider it.
That said there are lots of weirdo's at pinfest me included! I tell my son who wants normal its boring.

I still don't quite get the concept but I think if the picture is sold as a NFT then it is not allowed to be posted online without the owners permission. Im confusing myslef now? However I guess the sole owner of this NFT (picture) could charge to show people it for a few seconds but I guess the mental scarring would stay with them for life and it would take some special kind of weirdo to actually want to even consider it.
That said there are lots of weirdo's at pinfest me included! I tell my son who wants normal its boring.
Every reason to be confused. NFTs give nothing In ownership. It's still just simple copyright that applies. To transfer legal ownership to needs to be in writing. Could argue that the author giving an nft achieves that, but it's a very convoluted way of of doing it when an email would suffice. NFTs will have their place as identifiers in the blockchain, but they haven't really found a purpose yet. Why am thinking this is catnip for Neil?

why am I not surprised by your response on blockchain 😂

How does that compare with fiat currency? The only time new fiat is generated is by governments printing more money, which devalues the money in your pocket.
Trust and the capacity of a central bank to back it up if it goes sideways. Doesn't always work. Lot'dls of examples of hyper inflation. Whilst we aren't that, the next year might be a bit tasty, but it'll be ok. We won't be using wheelbarrows to take our wages from work to the shops, which is a new risk: without the latency of dealing with physical money things have the potential to go sideways much quicker, and with all the algorithms out there in the financial system, not built to anticipate the weird, then well, who knows. Eek
why am I not surprised by your response on blockchain 😂
You are of course within your rights to understand what you do. And man do you say some guff. Good luck with history on your analysis on this. The blockchain is already deeply embedded in systems from finance to telecoms. Yes. Telecoms old man.

Back
Top Bottom