What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Escape from Megaverse Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
FVu2-arX0AANN-z.jpg

FVu2-aoXoAE2u01.jpg

yet its the same game as Star Wars the pin and heavy metal.

So much I don’t understand here. The wiki link just made me more confused.

Is this theme actually a popular thing? Is it a tv show? Is if a cult cartoon?

Are they just reskinned expensive kid toys with the same rule set but different artwork and video images? Kind of makes sense if so as presumably that keeps the costs low.

I hope the graffiti on the left blade says 'fomo' - where's my chequebook! 🤣

At first I thought words failed me for how ridiculous this was - then I realised they didn’t.

This is hands down the worst theme I’ve ever seen and is so outrageously, insultingly, stupid.

So much I don’t understand here. The wiki link just made me more confused.

Is this theme actually a popular thing? Is it a tv show? Is if a cult cartoon?

Are they just reskinned expensive kid toys with the same rule set but different artwork and video images? Kind of makes sense if so as presumably that keeps the costs low.
Well... None of those things really.

The theme is mostly based on Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs - which is where you spend thousands of pounds to 'own' (you don't own it) a unique picture of an ape. There are thousands of these apes all with randomly generated features. Like this one has glasses, this one has a hat etc.

Yes its all a con.
This video is very interesting, informative, and long :)

NFTs == The Emperor's New Clothes

Last edited:
So much hate 😆. I agree that nfts are a nascent technology, with plenty to figure out. And it's not all about ape images

Longer term this technology (along with tangentially related things such as decentralised identity) will revolutionise how we manage claims such as ownership or abilities.

I have no idea what is going on 😂

Is it a game that someone is selling (perhaps Stern)?

Has someone just re-themed pin and showing it off?

Is NFT a crypto thing and if so what does that have to do with this machine?

What is the theme, is it a chimp cartoon or something?

What the merry fu(K has this got to do with a yacht club?

I'm so confused . . . . . I need another cup of tea.

Is NFT a crypto thing and if so what does that have to do with this machine?

What is the theme, is it a chimp cartoon or something?

What the merry fu(K has this got to do with a yacht club?

I recommend making the cuppa as opposed to trying to understand NFTs. They're lulling anyway and likely to die out before becoming useful to anyone, so hopefully nobody will ever need to even know what an NFT is in a few years. But I will answer these questions anyway 😂

NFT is a crypto thing. A crypto block chain, is really just a database that you can only add more **** to. You can never go back and delete an entry. You can use that to, say, have a record of any transaction that's ever happened, and you end up with a crypto currency. Or you could track who owns pictures of apes and trade them around. That's essentially an NFT.

Non-ape NFTs are also available. You can get an NFT of anything. You could release a Chinwag as an NFT, have Neil give you a tenner, and write in a database that Neil bought that episode of the Chinwag. Everyone else can still listen, but Neil has a certificate saying he owns it. He has no rights over it. You still have the copyright.

Non-ape NFTs are also available. You can get an NFT of anything. You could release a Chinwag as an NFT, have Neil give you a tenner, and write in a database that Neil bought that episode of the Chinwag. Everyone else can still listen, but Neil has a certificate saying he owns it. He has no rights over it. You still have the copyright.
@Gonzo
I’ll give you a tenner for the farting episode, just send me the contact in the post 👍

What's the point in owning something you have no rights over? 🤨

I recommend making the cuppa as opposed to trying to understand NFTs. They're lulling anyway and likely to die out before becoming useful to anyone, so hopefully nobody will ever need to even know what an NFT is in a few years. But I will answer these questions anyway 😂

NFT is a crypto thing. A crypto block chain, is really just a database that you can only add more **** to. You can never go back and delete an entry. You can use that to, say, have a record of any transaction that's ever happened, and you end up with a crypto currency. Or you could track who owns pictures of apes and trade them around. That's essentially an NFT.

Thanks for taking the time out to explain.

Makes sense now. I did some work on an animation and the artist gave me a still image of the show and told me it was an NFT.

I just said thank you very much but now understand 😅

Well exactly.
BAYC have made up their own terms on how copyright should work for their NFTs.
Nothing stops me from copying said ape and using it however I want, except a random company's terms saying "please don't do that".
It's completely separate and inferior to actual IP laws, and no precedents or laws have been set.

Here is Seth Green's NFT, for everyone's viewing pleasure. PLEASE DO NOT SAVE IT!
1655810740987.png

Back
Top Bottom