What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
^^Yep, good advice.
I was disappointed losing out on GnR CE but when I got the LE at home I was happy.
GnR is a good pin and takes some bad press. I changed the settings and has transformed the gameplay. I love the theme so won’t be leaving.
Moved early on PF to snag an LE as killer theme and really happy with decision.

I now have a rule though, if the theme doesn’t speak to me, no matter how great the pin looks.. I won’t jump in.

It’s easy to get hooked in with the razzmatazz, especially for the uninitiated.

Having played all the new pins a few times now. Early assessment

Pulp fiction great

Elton John’s , surprised me how good it was as I was like blarrr on it, and it truly in the flesh is beautiful.

Venom I had heard the gossip but actually liked the premium

Galactic tank force, this impressed me the most for fun and is maybe the one I enjoyed the most

Labarinth. Looked nice but needs a lot more work under the hood

Currently I would buy Galactic tank

Great video. Hope JJP have nailed it as it looks great.

UK buyers who go for Stern Premiums will be keeping a close on eye this and JJP going forward. Seeing as £1,250 more will get you a JJP Platinum over a Stern Premium. Appears JJP have also added extras this time around on the lower end model also.

The US guys complaining about the prices some what. Yet if your a Stern LE buyer in the UK, these guys will most certainly be watching JJP closely as their flashy latest CE is only £250 more than a Stern LE.

Great video. Hope JJP have nailed it as it looks great.

UK buyers who go for Stern Premiums will be keeping a close on eye this and JJP going forward. Seeing as £1,250 more will get you a JJP Platinum over a Stern Premium. Appears JJP have also added extras this time around on the lower end model also.

The US guys complaining about the prices some what. Yet if your a Stern LE buyer in the UK, these guys will most certainly be watching JJP closely as their flashy latest CE is only £250 more than a Stern LE.

Yeah mate.

I was surprised to see how much cheaper Stern's are in the states.

Over here (UK) we just seem to get a lot less for our money with Stern. Ultimately it's the mod makers like Davey & Paul who have made Godzilla look packed.

Just in terms of value, I can't see myself getting Jaws irrespective of how well it will undoubtedly shoot. The premium will still probably have crap end stops, no powder coating, paper speakers and basic lighting.

Elton John, Pulp Fiction and whatever American & Dutch Pinball do will be far more packed.

Last edited:
Yeah mate.

I was surprised to see how much cheaper Stern's are in the states.

Over here (UK) we just seem to get a lot less for our money with Stern. Ultimately it's the mod makers like Davey & Paul who have made Godzilla look packed.

Just in terms of value, I can't see myself getting Jaws irrespective of how well it will undoubtedly shoot. The premium will still probably have crap end stops, no powder coating, paper speakers and basic lighting.

Elton John, Pulp Fiction and whatever American & Dutch Pinball do will be far more packed.
Yip the Sterns much cheaper in Austraila also. I was nosing around arcade stuff and checked out the pins for sale also aussiearcade.com forum. The used prices appear insanely cheap compared to us, Elvira Premium loaded with topper etc etc etc our money £10k sold. . Even a current listing for a Monster Bash LE at 8.8k our money. Wish I had never started browsing 😂 Used market they appear to be struggling to sell pins also.

For sure for value we are better with the other manufacturers. A Stern's Jaws likely be 9k for Pro and 16k for an LE by the time they come out 😂

Yip the Sterns much cheaper in Austraila also. I was nosing around arcade stuff and checked out the pins for sale also aussiearcade.com forum. The used prices appear insanely cheap compared to us, Elvira Premium loaded with topper etc etc etc our money £10k sold. . Even a current listing for a Monster Bash LE at 8.8k our money. Wish I had never started browsing 😂 Used market they appear to be struggling to sell pins also.

For sure for value we are better with the other manufacturers. A Stern's Jaws likely be 9k for Pro and 16k for an LE by the time they come out 😂

Yeah, I think I'm done with the Sterns as things stand but I'm glad I own Deadpool and Batman66.

Stern Pro's are £5740 in the US at the current exchange rate. At that price I honestly wouldn't care if it was missing some mechs and lights.

But I can't justify paying nearly £9k for a stripped down pinball machine. For that sort of money I want all the trimmings. So if I'm going to save up big money for a pinball machine I'd rather get one that's packed.

I had the Foo Fighters Premium here for a while. Great game, which played fantastically well. It had cut-outs on the sides to buy the LE light upgrade . . . .£11,500 and you don't even get the lights!!!! In the states the Premium is £7900 so it's not a massive problem but over here it's sh1te value.

Fortunately we're blessed with alternative's now.

They moan their ****s off about pricing in the US (gas/petrol as well) but they don’t know how good they’ve got it there compared to us over here …would be intrigued to know more ref the history of how stern agreed a distribution contract in the uk with a distributor who doesn’t distribute to the public (electrocoin) but sells to 3rd party distributors who sell on to us ….every other pinball manufacturer selling in to uk doesn’t go through that extra middle man which makes them better value straight away

Without the middle man, based on Elton John prices you’d be looking at around 7750 for a stern pro, 10450 prem, 13750 LE

Even with no middle man you still have VAT, shipping to UK and the cost of a 2 year warranty. Maybe the pro could be slightly cheaper as less mechs to cover under warranty but it’s probably more universal stuff that goes wrong more often than mech related stuff, node boards, cpu etc.

Only way everything gets a lot cheaper here is improved exchange rate.

Quick recap

Neil got banned
Neil came back
Neil used VPN trickery and slight of hand to pretend to be a vicar or a landlord I forget
Neil forgot to set his VPN
Neil got banned again

Good times

Ahh. I agree with @Dave Bishop 's post earlier - Neil livens the place up, it's pretty stale place here without a few characters and most of the entertaining folks from previous years have moved on/don't post much any more (e.g. Cooldan, Fintan Stack, etc).

@Paul - when's he due to be allowed back?

I get that Neil "livens the place up", however unfortunately just because you are Neil doesnt mean you should be treated any differently to any other user, and it certainly doesnt mean that you are allowed to do as you please when it comes to breaking the Terms of the forum, which specifically state "Each user is restricted to one user account".

Ffs I can’t get crocodile rock and tiny dancer out my frigging head today. I don’t even like
Elton John………. Or do I 🤔😩🙈

Tell me about it. I had Rocketman going through last week and I haven't heard it for years, very annoying. The only remedy is to put decent music on to drown it out.

Genuinely don't know why JJP don't tone down some of the bling so they can price games in line with Stern and sell loads more?

EJ does look very good indeed but soooo expensive I 'd imagine it will be out of reach for most.

I'm tempted by this, no doubt about it. But I either need to play it first or see a quality game play video.

Trouble is, in the meantime something else will get announced and catch my eye.

Going to the expo is a massive benefit because you get to play these games.

Personally I think the price of the CE was awesome for what you get compared to a stern LE. that topper alone from stern would be 2.5-3k if Mando’s was 2k. You’re then comparing the CE jjp at 15,750 to 18-18.5k for a stern LE with that topper.

That's the thing with all these new machines being released. NIB buyers over here are still waiting on games they ordered which were announced months ago. There's not many people in the UK can buy NIB. They just keep going up and up and something has to give.

Cactus Canyon
Pulp Fiction
Venom
Stranger Things
Scooby Doo
TBL
Godfather

and now Alien Ripley, Elvira, Labyrinth and Elton

Pauline likes the look of Elton but there is no way I can buy 2 NIB. I'm saving hard for Pulp Fiction but I only ordered that as I knew I'd have time to save for it. She said she'd prefer Elton to GnR. Can't let that go though.

Last edited:
I laughed to myself when I heard there was an Elton pin being made and just didn’t get it. But tbf, it looks awesome. I still wouldn’t buy it, only really because I don’t like music pins or Elton John.

Back
Top Bottom