What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I've just realised that we all knew Toy Story 4, Godfather and EJ were coming - although not in that order - but I don't think I've seen any rumours re what JJP have coming next.
Some say Matrix and Harry Potter.

I actually think EJ looks great, it’s a pity JJP p*sssd off lots of customers with those GnR playfields and TS4 license rather than going for the recognisable classic movie. GF looks better than I thought but seems like there’s little goodwill and the prices are eye watering. I do hope their next theme is killer as competition will push Stern to do better. I’ve only played WOZ and Hobbit- both had mushy flippers but aesthetically they look wow. That stream gameplay looks like a modern Stern- could almost be ST or SM playing based on that layout. And how about the tiny pianist? My missus reckons I can save £10k as I’ve already got one and just get a SM instead.

Just been watching some gameplay to listen more to the audio and sound effects without any commentary.

At 20:32 I thought this was cool.. The left outlane kickback save, ball is shot to the spinner, upper right ramp then onto the upper left flipper.

You may have to watch it a couple times, its very fast..

Just been watching some gameplay to listen more to the audio and sound effects without any commentary.

At 20:32 I thought this was cool.. The left outlane kickback save, ball is shot to the spinner, upper right ramp then onto the upper left flipper.

You may have to watch it a couple times, its very fast..

Yeah, pretty cool mate. Tons of flow on that game . . . I might be the only one who likes the spinner noise 😂

Yeah, pretty cool mate. Tons of flow on that game . . . I might be the only one who likes the spinner noise 😂
If only they done a stripped down Bronze classic edition also, binned the tv and webcam and made it alpha numeric or dmd display only (playfield as is).

If there was ever a game you would want in the home this xmas with visitors and family popping round for a get together, honestly can't think of a better game people would be drawn to more than this. People will love it with the music set very high off course.

After playing this on repeat in LA...

I have to admit its an amazingly fun machine, its beautiful, lightship is insane, ruleset is nice...

Its a winner and better then Godfather which I lost all mojo with after 1 ball

Looking forward to getting it in Tilt

Last edited:
100 percent agree. The only JJP I'd consider owning.
I absolutely agree this game looks great but you really should play WOZ some more.

I just finished a game of Scooby (which is an amazing game) and powered up WOZ for the first time in probably a couple of months.....the theme may not be for everyone and the flippers are 'different' but I forgot how great this machine is...my favourite machine ever!! You are welcome any time for a flip Davey 🙂...I'm sure it will change your mind👍

Its a winner and better then Godfather which I lost all mojo with after 1 ball

I haven’t played EJ yet but had some time on Godfather on free play last week and I actually really enjoyed it. I’d def consider one if they were a bit cheaper. Hoping enough sell over here that I can pick one up on the secondary market down the line.

100 percent agree. The only JJP I'd consider owning.

I’ve never been the biggest fan of JJP games outside of POTC, but I have three here at the moment and I’m actually really enjoying them. Nice change of pace from modern Stern games. EJ looks great but not really a theme for me to have at home.

I absolutely agree this game looks great but you really should play WOZ some more.

I just finished a game of Scooby (which is an amazing game) and powered up WOZ for the first time in probably a couple of months.....the theme may not be for everyone and the flippers are 'different' but I forgot how great this machine is...my favourite machine ever!! You are welcome any time for a flip Davey 🙂...I'm sure it will change your mind👍

You're right, I completely forgot about WOZ ! Played a few games at pinfest 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Didn't feel like it suffered from the same sloppy flippers as later JJP titles, like GnR?

Is anyone near London getting one of these? And does anyone know how many will be coming into the UK?

Would love to pick one up one day but not holding onto much hope there will be a strong secondary market in the UK 🫣

Just been skimming over the recent TPF 2024 seminar videos.

Steve Ritchie talking about working on Elton John, then he came out with this comment. This will give you a chuckle 😂

02:44:50

Just been skimming over the recent TPF 2024 seminar videos.

Steve Ritchie talking about working on Elton John, then he came out with this comment. This will give you a chuckle 😂

02:44:50

Stairway to Heaven is one of their most known/iconic songs but for most of its 8 minutes it's very slow, and only really gets rocking when the guitar solo kicks in at 6 minutes.

I personally don't think it would have been a good addition to the Pinball machine.

*For reference Steve Ritchie said he left Stern pretty unhappy and wanted to "Smash their ****ing heads in", one of the reasons was his frustration at Stern not getting Stairway to Heaven for his Led Zeppelin pin.

Last edited:
Absolutely LOVE Steve R... :)

Would love to get an interview with him... last met up in Kettering... before that SCS... Awesome guy :)

Back
Top Bottom