What's new

Aerosmith Reveal

+1 to Daft Punk, seen them live twice and they are awesome.

I have a feeling that Tron is the closest we are going to get which isn't bad considering!

Last edited:
I'm a Daft Punk superfan too. They are basically the soundtrack to my twenties.

Tron certainly does keep the fire alive. The remix track (with some tweaks) that guy did on Pinside was fantastic and really makes it a great experience. In fact, i'm going to play it right now. :D

More info on Pinball News.
The only downer for me is that it based on Kiss which is probably the most boring game stern have released in a very long time.

Not sure if anyone has seen that sneak peak video on Facebook but this looks awesome ... some kinda weird toybox thing going on , like an original game with just an Aerosmith soundtrack.
The upper mini playfield looks interesting I can't really see the similarities to kiss , looks more like Harley Davidson but then tron looks like Congo but with no toys and adams looks like funhouse just reversed... there is only so much you can do with a pinball espicailly after about 50 years of design lol
Even if it does look like kiss , kiss is an awesome machine .... kinda regretting getting shot of mine , but my life is full of pinball regrets :)

It doesn't just look a little like kiss, it's the same lay out! You wouldn't want both games in a line up.

Last edited:
can anyone with some graphic skills overlay the KISS over the Aerosmith (pro's) So Will can see they are the same? You do have to wonder how the code will progress given the state of KISS and it being the same coder.

I actually like the look of the aerosmith game, it has more toys, colour screen, better artwork and better songs too (although neither excite me a great deal). But it feels like a slap in the face for people that bought Kiss IMO. Unless you are a huge fan of the band, would anyone take kiss over the new aerosmith pin? This new one seems like 'this is what we should have done before, but couldn't be ****d so took your money anyway' now buy the finished version! Stern do some great work, but at times they are such ****s! Will kiss code get finished? Not likely now they have to code up colour screens for new and existing games.

Have they said it's based on Kiss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have they said it's based on Kiss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure Stern would painstakingly point out how this shot is half a centimeter to the left or right etc, but it is hard to not see the similarities.

For the record, I don't have an issue with re-used layouts (I own Congo and Tron and enjoy both immensely) but these releases are very close together.

Re: Daft Punk, I'd be very surprised if they don't do another Tron Vault Edition, but with the updated LCD and new pf and cab art.

Speculation on Pinside is that Aerosmith is more or less fully coded, and due to being a minor variation on Kiss, they're going to use its code (modified) to finish KISS .... modes do seem quite similar, and some of the sounds are identical. Same designer and coder. Upper pf looks like an after thought, just to differentiate it.

That said, if I had to take one of Met / KISS / Aero it'd definitely be the latter. Art package on the pro is excellent, stock sound system on spike2 seems much better, and the LCD is a huge improvement on the rather dead looking bm'66.

Guessing the Pro breaks £6k with the the Stern price increases and the £ still firmly in the ****ter.

Wonder when their next all new game will be ... Elvira #3 (to be shown at TPF) is supposedly another rehash or straight up retheme.

Oh yeah it does look a little like kiss , well that just shows how much notice I took of my one when I had it :thumbs:

Don't know if this is yesterday's news but I've just noticed Aerosmith Pro and Premium being offered on pre-order at £5995 and £8895.

So, it seems "no increase" in the sense that all Stern Po models now come in at that price since the pound fell 20% i.e. Aerosmith = TWD = ST = GB = KISS = etc

Leastways, the prices are all the same at Liberty Games.

Personally I love the KISS artwork and although I only had a few goes, I really liked it to play. I think it looks way better than Aerosmith, but then I don't like Metallica either, I think that looks terrible, it's harsh on the eyes due to bad shielding round the LEDs and the artwork is a colourful mess.

I would feel a bit hard done by if I'd just bought a KISS and Aerosmith came out with an LCD for the same price.

I love all 3 bands mentioned, but I will admit that my second ever concert I went to, aged 12, was KISS at Leicester De Montfort hall, so I might have a little bias. (And the first, aged 11, was Monsters of Rock at Castle Donington, with AC-DC headline. With my 20 year old cousin, what were my parents thinking?).

Reactions: JT.
And what? 9 grand for an LE Stern? Je$u$, even with Brexit, that still doesn't sound right. Andy H. must be rubbing his hands together!

Kiss = **** band, pin looks good though
Aerosmith = **** band , pin looks good though
Tron = **** film, **** artwork, must be good to play as loved by pinheads, daft punk don't know but sound cool.

Let's have a 60' s stones, who, vu, doors, kinks, or clash, jam, slf, stranglers, joy division, smiths, cure,nirvana,.

In fact just make AC/DC back in black again job done

Back
Top Bottom