What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75th Anniversary WoZ

I reckon the pre-order market will take a bit hit in 2014. I think in most other businesses a company starts with a LE and no surprise another kind of LE comes out a year or two later. Has this happened in pinball before? I suspect Jack did this because he had to as his whole business model is built on pre-orders. What happens when the music stops?

And I only picked up today that an additional 250 ECWOZLE's were made to go to Australia so there are 1250 not 1000 - not sure why, something to do with Bumpernets.

Last edited:
It doesn't personally affect me as I am not in the income bracket to buy a WOZ, but I heard a few people talking about this yesterday at the league meet and I totally understand where people are coming from that are p***ed off about it.

You pay a premium price to buy the "limited" edition of the game, not only for the extra features (that probably don't justify the extra price) but also because it would be reasonable to assume that the limited version should hold its value better than the standard one, as the limited run keeps the demand high. If you are spending that sort of money on a pin, I assume people are going to want to know that they are going to get a decent percentage of the purchase price back if they decided to sell the machine on a year later to buy something else, and that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

A new "limited" run that's even bigger than the original run is a massive slap in the face to people who scrambled to get the first batch of LE's (putting up their money and taking a higher risk) as well as the fact that so many are delayed in shipping. Overall, the more LE's you make, the lower the demand and the lower the residual value. The people who bought early suffer when their "limited" machine is less desirable than the new "limited" machine.

That's before we even get into the "How about you finish your damn software before you start imagineering up new colour schemes and toppers" argument

Has there not been a change in the amount of MM's that are going to be made since the 1st announcement? With reagards to code, it means just that, expect that the code will never get finished and like the game as is :rofl:

I had my name down for one of the MM LE's but when they announced that there was going to be more made, albeit std's not LE's, I thought pinballs to that, keep money in my bank not theirs and buy something that I can see/play now, so cancelled.

I had my name down for one of the MM LE's but when they announced that there was going to be more made, albeit std's not LE's, I thought pinballs to that, keep money in my bank not theirs and buy something that I can see/play now, so cancelled.

Could get a BH,TXsector,Banzai Run,WWind,Bk2K and Centaur for the price and waaaay more fun;)

Back
Top Bottom