What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75th Anniversary WoZ

What becomes of the LE when there's a super duper LE?

It was never really 'limited' at 1000 machines. There's no hope they will shift 1500 games at $9k. They are just trying to keep the line going until TH is released

2014 will definitely go down as the year of the great pinball bubble!

Come on now. I'm sure there will be a lot of WOZ LE customers who are going to be ****ed off about this. After waiting 2 years for their games they finally get them and then are told that there is another LE version coming with some nice extras. Seems a bit ****ty to me?? :confused:

Reactions: JT.
Jonathan, out of interest, what is your best score on WOZ? Any advice on strategy?

About 340k iirc. Main strategy atm is just stacking modes. You can get the crystal ball, munchkin modes, rescue multiball, fireball frenzy and Emerald city multi balls all running at the same time. If you get 2 or 3 of them started in unison there's not much strategy other than trying to keep all balls in play!

Thats what I thought, that's the way that I have been playing it on location too, in terms of scoring everything seems to be pretty linear, ie no big payoff's of big jackpots etc. At least not from what I have seen of the game. I have managed a similar score, around 400k, the games code has been updated and I am enjoying it more

How's it a kick in the teeth?

Another FU**ING price rise, that's how. This game is cheaper to produce than the 1st thousand LE's even with the extra tat and yet he's jumped it up in price again. JJP was the entire reason Stern felt able to raise prices, and so onwards we go. It's ridiculous.

I think that trim looks pretty nasty compared to the green stuff, doesn't suit the game anywhere near as much.

Another FU**ING price rise, that's how.

We'll be breaking the $10K barrier soon, absolute f*cking madness!

Even better is that "Pinball Super Hero Jack" is showing himself for what he is, a slimey salesman in it for all the money he can get (see pinside). I was softening to buying a Hobbit but I'm pretty firm now that he wont be getting any of my money.

What a load of old ********. He's already made an LE, why make another one before he even got those all delivered?

I think the game is really dull, so yet *another* version of it, for yet *another* higher price has crossed me off Jack's fan list as well. Hobbit would have to be as good as LOTR and cost $6K for him to be redeemed in my book

****ing greedy ****

You realise you can just decide not to hand your money over? It's an open market, he can charge what he wants and you can decide to say yes or no.

Nick, you have bought nearly every Stern LE in the past 2 years at ever increasing prices. Not one of them has finished code yet!? To me, that is taking the **** way more out of your customers.

Err. So 1000 new limited versions. Wasn't there another 200 limited Australian ones to off set all the money that went "missing" with Bumper? Now 1500 news ones. So how many standards? 1000+? That's almost 4000 machines...... Guess there's not too much limited about any of them.

On one hand it's great to see so many new machines coming out but.....

For 2014
4000 x Woz
1000 x MM (+say 500 non limited ones)
250 x Predator
2000+ Star trek.
2000+ Walking Dead?
Captain Nemo
+ ac/dc and avengers still in production

Can the market also support the Hobbit? Wasn't that "limited" to 2,500?

Either the market is a LOT bigger than people thought or somethings going to give. Can't see any of these being run by OPs (Especially not at the prices being charged. Would you ever get the initial expenditure back?). Maybe a handful of the Pro versions from Stern

Part of me thinks this announcement is shooting themselves in the foot over The Hobbit. At the moment I'm hanging in by a thread. £ 2.5k down. Another £1 k due early 2014. All this on an initial understanding that it was going to be start being manufactured in July. Now shifted back to next Dec but no change in having to pay in Jan.... Really, really want it to be great but that's a lot of commitment on my half for a machine that will probably be pretty **** easy to pick up 2nd hand in a few years time. Really think they need to hit it out of the park in order to keep people in, Any idea how many LTD Woz's they still have to build? I'd be soooo ****ed off if I was on the waiting list and kept seeing people who ordered a year after me getting machines

Really hope all the manufacturers survive and continue to make good machines but there can only be so much space and cash invested in people's games room. As an opportunist I'm hoping that a lot of the new buyers will be shifting some decent titles to fund the purchases (come on CP, Godzilla and ACDC owners get shot of those pieces of crap and by another NIB. I might just take one off your hands for the right price ;) ).

Hopefully this will have a trickle down affect and more and more older machines will be released onto ebay etc. The problem here is with sky high prices, will these higher prices also trickle down? But surely 10,000+ new machines over say 18 months (inc the Hobbit) must have an effect unless there are 5,000 odd new punters looking for their first machines

But surely 10,000+ new machines over say 18 months (inc the Hobbit) must have an effect unless there are 5,000 odd new punters looking for their first machines

You must remember we are in a global market, so 5000 new punters is a lot for the UK on it's own but peanuts if you stretch that across the world... :eek:

Nick, you have bought nearly every Stern LE in the past 2 years at ever increasing prices.

Your assumption is incorrect about prices being ever increasing. Back In Black cost me the most, so my price has been reducing.

I'm not against him charging what he wants, I'm not against him producing 5 different "LE" models. But to publically state that he's charging what he wants BECAUSE HE CAN is pretty ballsy to say the least. He's painted himself as the saviour of pinball, I hope he does well and makes lots of different titles - doesn't mean I have to like him or indeed buy any of his games.

I'm no Stern Lover - Avengers is bad, Transformers is average at best, X Men was dire with the 1st three revisions of code - it seems OK now but I'd have to put some reasonable time on it to really see. WoZ has beautiful cabinet art, I dislike the proposed overall rules - too complicated, I'm unsure about the layout and I don't like the LEDs as I think there are too many. It does have a lovely light show though and when the final code is released I'll re-assess it. To say Stern's don't have finished code when WoZ has the least finished code is Pot Kettle Black territory and an issue which really shouldn't be raised as an argument until WoZ is finished. For the record (again) WoF is the only unfinished Stern game out there and it's pathetic that it happened. Yes Metallica is "unfinished" but is being worked on

You love WoZ, I love AC/DC - I generally don't harp on about how amazing it is, or how much I love Gary Stern - I don't, I just happen to buy games with his name on because I can. I have also ordered a Predator, I did order an MM LE too but cancelled when I realised it would be just better to continue with the one I'm building myself.

Either the market is a LOT bigger than people thought or somethings going to give.

Saturation and a dive in price, just like the old days. There has been a lack of supply for a number of years due to new people coming in and getting collections and also people "investing" in machines. MM remake has started to drive prices down, production of numerous titles will saturate the market and drive them down further - which is a good thing, but I do fear that a lot of these new companies will make one machine and then fail or fail to ever get to market

Y*A*W*N to the whole frickin thing. Dear Pinball Manufacturers ...just concentrate on making decent games with finished code and shove yr LE's up your ass.
The Searg has stolen the show again ;), from a modders point of view it does look like a massive price hike for a few inexpensive mass produced non-interactive bits of eye candy, I would expect the topper to be way better than a cut out, not trying to throw stones at JJ, I am behind his venture all the way but I would feel a bit ****ed had I been in the pipeline for an LE for all that time and then this super LE (not that there is much extra on it to command that title) appears, for an extra 2.5k I would expect a lot more bling although this game is already blinged to the max so where do you take it?

Last edited:
I suspect the machine will be largely the same as the current version as changing the GI would require specific components to be redesigned and manufactured which again would add to delays in production.

My view on it (as a new guy to the hobby) is that it's obviously great that more people will get a chance to own a WOZ, but on the opposite side of the coin I can see how people who already invested in the LE may be a little ****ed off. Of course it depends on how many of those went for the LE specifically because it was limited edition and not because they just preferred the design of it and the few extras on offer. It does raise a question about the use of the term 'Limited Edition' in the future though. I mean how limited is it really if they can do subtle tweaks to the design and then make another run?

Back
Top Bottom