What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 - 2020 ...the Slam is 10 years old !

Did all 4 Slams. Good Times 😄😄😄

Remember the one year that I had to move the van as I was blocking the exit bit. Drove out and thought to do a lap of the Charmadean to find a space. Got held up by a time travelling DeLorean driving like a slug. What's the chances of that? Then it stopped and TV's Will Barber got out. Honest 😁

Last edited:
I remember the Delorian out the front of the Charmandean, with a mad prof and BTTF table..... Brilliant stuff!
Well Will liked it so much he has ended up owning it [emoji3][emoji3]

Love having a spin round Brighton in it

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Head a few stories of the slam and it always looks as if it was an amazing event, how come it ended? Would love to go to one

Wow lovely to see all these comments about the Slam ❤️ Really was a fun time and the most disorganised/ organised show I think ever 😂
Completely blagged the entire thing .
@Poibug I gave that pic of the famous layout somewhere .
There is always talk about returning the show for one last time , it gets close the motivation gets going and then it fizzles again.
There was flyers made up for this year and calls had been made to many hitters to see if everyone was up for mucking in and the overall feeling was that it was a good idea.

I found a new venue the other week and have been in talks with the owners the costs came back right , I guess now it’s down to everyone else if it goes any further.

or maybe it’s best left to memories, as @Sgt GrizZ said it’s one of those “ if you were there you were there “type thing .

Great memories and thousands and thousands raised for charity 😍

long live the slam 🤘🏼

Wow lovely to see all these comments about the Slam [emoji3590] Really was a fun time and the most disorganised/ organised show I think ever [emoji23]
Completely blagged the entire thing .
@Poibug I gave that pic of the famous layout somewhere .
There is always talk about returning the show for one last time , it gets close the motivation gets going and then it fizzles again.
There was flyers made up for this year and calls had been made to many hitters to see if everyone was up for mucking in and the overall feeling was that it was a good idea.

I found a new venue the other week and have been in talks with the owners the costs came back right , I guess now it’s down to everyone else if it goes any further.

or maybe it’s best left to memories, as @Sgt GrizZ said it’s one of those “ if you were there you were there “type thing .

Great memories and thousands and thousands raised for charity [emoji7]

long live the slam [emoji1598]

f5e2471cae80e7e9df23b39c84714b52.jpg

The last one was my first pin event which I bought the shadow to which decided to break on the way and ended up propping a door open all w/e lol. Was great fun tho

Charmdean still ****ed about the "Wall" incident??😥

@Will @Sgt GrizZ

all i seem to remember is someone managed to take part of a wall out when moving pins about. That's bad enough. The fact they didn't own up and offer to put it right put didnt help :(
It was the only minor blip in 4 years of shows at the Charmandean - they were always great, left us to it really. They loved us - they sold more beer those weekends then any other event they ran. The first show they got caught out and had to call in extra bar staff [emoji23]

To be honest the wall damage looked worse than it was, just bit plaster smacked off the corner - which was easily patched up. Sh*t happens [emoji111]

So in 2017 we dropped a little teaser video.

After a typical late night Slam Crew meet / p*ss up :D we had come up with booze fuelled ideas for a comeback show in 2018 ....... specifically Halloween 2018 ! We had tried to make each Slam feel a bit different, adding different elements, changing the setups, added more video games over the years , have a little bit of a theme running ....like the BTTF fun in 2014.

So we figured lets go all out and have a Halloween comeback Slam..... we would gather all the monster , horror and sci fi themed games we could lay our hands on, invite people to fancy dress, late night Halloween party, there was talk of a band, Monster competitions etc

But the centre piece would be a Stranger Things inspired arcade area :cool::D We were massive Things fans and this just seemed perfect. Had so many ideas for the lighting, dressing it up 80s style etc. It would have been beautiful !

The only problem was .......south coast slack kicked in and we just couldn't quite get it together to make it happen :rofl:

Oh well - so anyway that's what all you all missed . Just picture it in your heads and pretend you went ..... I hope you enjoyed it :cool:

I've been digging out a load of old Slam photos and stuff - I might throw some more up on here soon. For prosperity and a good laugh at how people have aged in a decade :p

You know there's a Halloween this year too Sarge? :).
Nice to see you still posting, hope this means your mojo is on the mend.

Well it is now a decade on from SCS #3 in April 2012. Had forgotten about this vid Will threw together post Show. Includes ITV news report at the end. Some of the older crew on here may well spot themselves :D You may not want to look too closely at your younger self though ...I am cruelly reminded I didn't always have grey hair 😂

Long live the Slam memories.

Well it is now a decade on from SCS #3 in April 2012. Had forgotten about this vid Will threw together post Show. Includes ITV news report at the end. Some of the older crew on here may well spot themselves :D You may not want to look too closely at your younger self though ...I am cruelly reminded I didn't always have grey hair 😂

Long live the Slam memories.

BRING BACK THE SLAM!!!!!!

Man! I remember taking Taxi to that show. It feels like yesterday. Seeing that makes you realise how life just passes you by. I’ve got 2 kids and a wife who survived cancer since that……… and a few more machines and grey hairs.

Back
Top Bottom