What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 - 2020 ...the Slam is 10 years old !

Well it is now a decade on from SCS #3 in April 2012. Had forgotten about this vid Will threw together post Show. Includes ITV news report at the end. Some of the older crew on here may well spot themselves :D You may not want to look too closely at your younger self though ...I am cruelly reminded I didn't always have grey hair 😂

Long live the Slam memories.

Ahh, the ancient times before deodorant!

Was truly an epic event!

@RudeDogg1 that was a very important task. It was stuffy, the lack of deodorant usage and the ghosts from the meal the night before. We would have all passes out.

I remember the journey down with @cooldan. Going to Will’s house a lot to collect stuff. But so much is a blur.

@RudeDogg1 that was a very important task. It was stuffy, the lack of deodorant usage and the ghosts from the meal the night before. We would have all passes out.

I remember the journey down with @cooldan. Going to Will’s house a lot to collect stuff. But so much is a blur.
Good times Geoff ….. good times 😁

Looks like play expo doesn’t even run anymore either. Just had a look on their website as my son was asking if it was on when he comes over. It just says returning may 2021 🤣 so that’s a no

I stuck a bunch of yr7 kids into a production line to make those badges. Slave labour at its finest. The quality control wasn’t the best though, you can’t trust an eleven year old to hits the standards pinheads demand.

"It has been suggested the Slam will take a break for 2013 due to personal commitments of the organiser, but will be back in early 2014 for another frantic weekend of pinball and video game madness"

Still looking forward to the 2014 event 😥. Good times

Edit : derp. The 2014 event was the last one 🙈

Last edited:
My memory is a blur, I questioned if @cooldan drugged me. I wasn’t drinking much as I was driving around, often with TV’s Will Barber.
What I remember is a psychedelic tent with smoke machines and Tommy.
BTTF in the car park next to a Delorean.
Moving machines in. Moving machines out.
I think I played some too.

My memory is a blur, I questioned if @cooldan drugged me. I wasn’t drinking much as I was driving around, often with TV’s Will Barber.
What I remember is a psychedelic tent with smoke machines and Tommy.
BTTF in the car park next to a Delorean.
Moving machines in. Moving machines out.
I think I played some too.
I think you did some refereeing as well

This is a good walkthrough video from the Slam 2011 edition. Not sure who took it but don't think I've ever seen this one before ! Must have been taken early in the day as it was way busier than that . @Poibug nice footage of your Ramones at about the 3 minute mark :D

Looks like another pinball world now - no big screen games, very few LEDs in evidence. Mick On A Stick was the latest Stern ! I spotted my old Demo Man, the one with a For Sale sign in amongst my row of games - £650 iirc :D

Back
Top Bottom