What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2021 Pinball Activity

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
It's time for your annual pinball audit :) . I usually type this up stuck in work over Christmas so it's a nice change now that I've retired to not be doing that. I really enjoyed Christmas this year, first year in many that work didn't get in the way.

Here's the previous 6 years if anyone wants to keep track...2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015

Very little activity for me this year machine wise..

In - 1
Pinbot

Out - 2
Star Trek Pro
Jurassic Park Premium

That's the least number of machines changes for me since I got my first machine in 2012. 2 reasons I guess, 1) I don't want to lose any of the machines I have now and 2) prices have got ridiculous.

Events wise the latter half of the year was fantastic! it was great to get back together with everyone....

Pinfest - seeing everyone for the first time in nearly 2 years was amazing, a great line up of machines and fun comps.
Domino Critical Hit - a great fun event
Flip out - Matchplay monster meet...my first time to Flip out and really enjoyed the whole weekend including the boozy Karaoke
Blackpool play expo/NLP - great weekend
Festive Pinball Gathering - A fun weekend as always
Domino Arcade Christmas Extravaganza - Another superbly hosted event by Neil and Mandy

Big thanks to all who had anything to do with running the above events, it's much appreciated

Thanks as always to @Paul and the moderators for being at the centre of this great community with this fantastic forum

Happy new year all and fingers crossed for no more variants or Roscos :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In: Nothing

Out: Rocky & Bulwinkle

I’ll echo @kevlar this was probably the least movement of machines since I got my first (though in my case that was well back into the last century!) largely due to prices and not really wanting to lose any of the games I have.

Hopefully will get some more machines in this year though 🤞

I’ll also second the thanks to @Paul and the mods for keeping this great site running smoothly!

Last edited:
Home:
Led Zeppelin LE in
Mandalorian LE in
GNR LE in
TWD LE in
Godzilla LE in
Stern Galaxy into Storage

GNR LE Out :D Turd of the year.
TWD Premium Out to the Club
Meteor Into storage
No Fear into storage
The Shadow into storage

GOTG Out to the club
ST:TNG was on loan now out to Dan!

Club:
GOTG in
LZ Premium In
AIQ Premium In
Godzilla Pro In
TWD Premium In
Skateball in

Quicksilver out for new playfield- back this year!
TWD Premium Out (I had two of them sold one when I got the LE).

probably forgot some stuff.

Was good to have events back

Pinfest good to see everyone
District 82 Super Series - absolutely epic fun
Getting the club back open and having some events
Have a couple of events at home was great also!
and RobotBash was great.

I couldn't possibly audit the ins & outs accurately but my best year in pinball by some distance.

I've made so many new friends which added a wonderful new chapter in what was personally a terrible year at home.

There are so many kind and generous people within the pinball community. It's easy to look at the odd rip-off sale here & there but it's actually a rarity on here where so many just look after one another.

@Jmac & @CHRIS B PINBALLS have looked after me massively this year and are just decent selfless blokes.

Pinfest was a very special occasion at a very important time considering the covid malarkey. I was blown away by so much of it but just being able to gorge pinball over a long weekend was probably the highlight of the year for me. To meet so many people and have such a laugh was just the tonic. Hats off to @Big Phil for the financial and emotional commitment to make it happen which I know starts months in advance. It's an incredibly important occasion for UK pinball. The staff are amazing and tireless and I was so impressed with @Wayne J & @Wizcat running of the competition. Also massive thank you to @roadshow16 for making me enter the tournaments which has definitely improved my play.

@Neil McRae repeatedly and generously opening up his home for us all to play the latest machines and the effort he puts in to converting his garden is amazing. I still feel slightly guilty that I had the first game on his Godzilla 😂. . . .just slightly!. Mandy dishing up all the grub which is in preparation for days is a hell of an undertaking and incredibly delicious.

The Vince's are a lovely family and irritatingly good at pinball. I have a feeling that even the family pet would be better than me so I hope they leave the goldfish at home for the next tournament 😉. Seriously though. . . such nice folk and @Matt Vince is incredibly generous with his time.

@mission65 , thanks for bringing my laptop home from Pinfest mate. My whole life was on that thing.

Thanks to everyone who appeared on the podcast too. Hopefully we can put even more names to faces before the next Pinfest and all get ridiculously drunk at the bar.

Thanks to @Andydn & @Juggler Spencer . 2 friends who I take the p1$$ out of constantly but couldn't hold in higher esteem.

2021. . . I made loads of new friends and there's no better barometer than that.

Machines: Elvira left and Star Wars was much better than I was expecting.

Happy New Year everyone.

In;
GZ Pro

Out;
GOT Pro
Houdini
Met Pro
AFM

Loan swaps:

In and out
DP Pro, Surf n Safari

Out
MB

Out and back in
IMDN Pro, MM

Last edited:
Another quiet year...

In:
GZ pro

Out:
TSPP
LOTR

Pinfest was great :thumbs:

Have been single pin but now on look out for second to keep two permanently,

In
Spider-Man
Gotg
Jp
Dp

Out
Spiderman
Gotg
Jp

Last edited:
IN
Fish Tales
TMNT

OUT
no.

2021 was the best year for me!
Got back into pinball in 2019 but didn't really get a chance to do the social thing and then COVID came along.
In 2021 it kick-started with Pinfest where I met so many great people, thanking @windoesnot for helping open that door for an introvert (obviously @Lecari helps as she talks to anyone and everyone).

Then it snowballed from there, getting into the competitive side, off the top of my head...
Pinfest
Domino critical hit
NLP at play expo
Flip out comp
Monster Bash at Electric Circus
Special when lit festive gathering
Robotbash

At each event I've met more new people. I love the pinball community and this hobby. Bring on this year where we'll attempt hosting our event and attend many more!

Thanks all for being so welcoming

In:

JP2 (loan, thank you @Wayne J)
Star Wars Pro
Meteor
Bally Star Trek
Phoenix
Fish Tales (3)
Jackbot
Flintstones (2)
Demolition Man
Getaway (4)

Out:

JP2 (back to Wayne)
BOP
Dr Who
High Speed
Skateball
Harlem Globetrotters
Shrek
Star Wars Pro

Thanks to everyone who has hosted meets/tourneys, all the pinfest crew, Gonzo for adding a whole new element to the UK scene and all the top folk on the forum.

2021 was meant to be a thinning of the herd year in terms of games and I've still ended up buying more than I've sold 🙈 it's a sickness I tell you

Last edited:
In:-
Earthshaker fully restored by @russdx1

Back from full restorations:-
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Diner

Andy's Pinball Garage

Out for a playfield swap with a new CPR playfield:-
World Cup Soccer 94

Highlight was definitely Pinfest and was great to see everyone.

Last edited:
First year in the hobby...

In:
Data East Time Machine
Data East Star Wars
Williams Expo
Bally Minizag

Out:
Nothin...plenty of work to do on all of them ;)

Well ‘‘twas the first time we went to pinfest which was fab, next year we will stay over

Met some great new pals tazturbo, colywobbles and @AllstarDK being just a few

Met chris b top guy

For me

In came

Tmnt pro
Elvira hoh

Out went

Family guy ( to the one and only rosco!

This has been my first year of playing pinball/ having machines and have met some fantastic people and had some great line ups with machines from many group members. I’ve also come to realise that nothing is a keeper when the honeymoon period wears off 😂

Games I’ve had so far

Iron maiden premium
Ghostbusters LE
Batman 66 LE
Turtles LE
JP 2 LE
Star Wars pro
Elvira HOH LE
Deadpool pro
Stranger things LE
44B71825-0B0B-429C-8E6F-C172F90EB58A.jpeg838A678A-701C-4365-AE93-489E509CB3D4.jpegCC8AA4DF-D63E-49F4-A9E5-EFD669640A27.jpegB600D028-96CC-41A7-8A0C-7FE62CCC9678.jpegEC56317E-136E-434B-A6BE-61B8C96BDA6C.jpegF1C75C9B-134F-430D-8541-9504BA9FCBDD.jpegFFF7430A-A11B-4F49-8216-33EFCBF8BCCE.jpegF01ABB6F-AFD9-4363-BB8B-9D372724C3B3.jpeg

In 2021

Metallica pro
Johnny mnemonic
Bride of pinbot
Jokerz

Attended 2021

Pinfest
NLP Blackpool
Budapest pinball museum

In

JP2 NIB
Hobbit BA

Out.

AFMrm
JP2
Hobbit

Waiting on GnR le in March.

It’s both a curse and a blessing being limited to one machine at a time it makes you change despite wanting to keep them all. One day funds will allow me to do so !

Massive thanks to the advice from members on here that have helped and guided me.

Happy new year you legends

IN
ANDROMEDA​
C.S.I.
EIGHT BALL CHAMP​
ELVIRA HOH​
FATHOM​
GODZILLA​
GUNS N ROSES JJP​
HAUNTED HOUSE​
LED ZEPPELIN​
MANDALORIAN​
MINI ZAG​
RICK N MORTY​
SHREK​
STAR WARS DE​
STRANGER THINGS​
TRIPLE ACTION​
VECTOR​
OUT
BLACK KNIGHT SOR​
CLASS 1812​
JURASSIC PARK​
MANDALORIAN​
MINI ZAG​
STAR TREK STERN​
STAR WARS DE​
STARSHIP TROOPERS​
TOTAN​
TRIPLE ACTION​
VECTOR​
WIZARD​
WIZARD OF OZ​

PINFEST
NLP BLACKPOOL
EGX LONDON

IN
ANDROMEDA​
C.S.I.
EIGHT BALL CHAMP​
ELVIRA HOH​
FATHOM​
GODZILLA​
GUNS N ROSES JJP​
HAUNTED HOUSE​
LED ZEPPELIN​
MANDALORIAN​
MINI ZAG​
RICK N MORTY​
SHREK​
STAR WARS DE​
STRANGER THINGS​
TRIPLE ACTION​
VECTOR​
OUT
BLACK KNIGHT SOR​
CLASS 1812​
JURASSIC PARK​
MANDALORIAN​
MINI ZAG​
STAR TREK STERN​
STAR WARS DE​
STARSHIP TROOPERS​
TOTAN​
TRIPLE ACTION​
VECTOR​
WIZARD​
WIZARD OF OZ​

PINFEST
NLP BLACKPOOL
EGX LONDON
You sold woz,

Pins In (mine):
  • Jurassic Park
  • Avengers Infinity Quest
  • Mandalorian
  • Firepower (return from loan)
Pins In (others):
  • Fish Tales
  • Evel Knievel
  • Star Trek (Bally)
  • Star Trek (DE)
  • Star trek: The Next Generation
Pins Out:
  • Theatre Of Magic
Tournaments/Shows/Big Meets/Leagues:
  • Pinfest
  • Last Domino
  • Bull and Balls Welcome Back (Germany)
  • Festive Gathering (Hosted)
  • Domino Christmas Extravaganza
  • SWL Friday Night League Sep+Oct (Hosted)
  • SWL Friday Night League Nov+Dec (Hosted)

2021 also marks 20 years since my Dad bought me my Roadshow from @keith b smith for my 16th birthday and my username was created. For Christmas it made its way from my old man's garage to my garage, to stay forever 🙌
Wow 20 years Craig "i feel old " Happy New Healthy New Year to you and Family kind regards and Happy Memories Gail & Me

Back
Top Bottom