What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2015 pinball activity

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
As most of you are out getting ****ed and I'm in work just slightly bored waiting for my kebab to be delivered I started thinking about how many machines have come and gone this year. I have been quite busy as you can see ( and so has Martin! )

In - 9
Centaur
TOM
BSD
Iron Man
Star Trek
Johnny Mnemonic
Junk Yard
Corvette

out - 8
Black Rose
Ripleys
BK2K
Shadow
TOM
Medusa
Centaur
BSD

Add to that borrowing TWD, Cactus Jacks and TZ, and lending out The Getaway, that's quite a few machine movements.

I went to 2 shows this year, the UKPP ( took 5 machines ) and the Play Expo ( took ST ), really enjoyed both.

The Welsh pinball cup was great fun as always, as was The Festive Pinball Gathering. I Hosted my first league meet in July which went pretty well although I only managed to get to 2 others in SW region this year. Neil Felinder's new pinball madness league in Western Super Mud was great fun.

All in all a pretty top year I think.

Happy new year to pinheads everywhere :thumbs:

Last edited:
Pins in 7 out 9 videos in 6 out 11 video pcbs 400 in all out fruits in 68 out 62 jukes in 8 out 7 shows attended 5 games at 3. Pins on commercial site 2 . events already committed for 2016 4

Pins in 7 out 9 videos in 6 out 11 video pcbs 400 in all out fruits in 68 out 62 jukes in 8 out 7 shows attended 5 games at 3. Pins on commercial site 2 . events already committed for 2016 4
Wow Steve! that's a lot of jukeboxes and fruit machines!!

All ops have left now . Only got 1 pin from an operator this year. only sold one pin on ebay .

In: NGG, LOTR, WPT, TWD
Out: CFTBL, TZ (loan), NGG, LOTR, SM, WPT

Went to two shows (8bitflip with SM and NLP with WPT), two leagues taken part in (Northern and Arcade Club) and a handful of UKCS comps (8bitflip, World Cup, As Yet Unamed 2 and Xmas Cracker).

First full year in the hobby and got to meet yet more new faces, its the people involved again that are the best part of it all.

Roll on 2016. UKCS finals in January, hopefully Aliens landing at some point and becoming a dad around April time. Anything else pinball related is a bonus in the next 12 months:rofl:

Pins -

In: AFM, SS, TAF
Out: MET, AFM

Bikes -

In: Norton Commando 961, Triumph Speed Triple

Out: Ducati GT1000, Norton Commando 961

Hmm, I wasn't meant to be buying any new pins in 2015.

Looking back: Bought Godzilla, CFBL, Congo, LW3, HSII, Wh20, Flintstones, CSI (& Paid the balance on MMr):oops:

Was outbid by 1 person on 3 or 4 other machines on the bay.:mad:

Resisted buying the Totan on here, the "Italian lists" and backed out of buying the LE GOT (Yeah I'm growing:clap:although I suspect the GOT thing will still happen after I've played one )

Think I actually managed to sell more than I bought this year so I've currently got them all set up and the pin fund isn't in deficit for a change.

Won my first ever trophy (Not just for pinball, first ever one for anything ever). Saw the kids pick up another couple

Attended 2 leagues + went to Leicester, the LPC and Wales. Played badly at all of them. Hosted a meet and lent machines to the LPC. Enjoyed Dan's secret meet that I suspect his wife still doesn't know about;)

Got my first piece of PDI glass (That's going to end up costing me 16 or so sheets....)

Realised that my wife is probably more tolerant of my hobby than I initially thought.

Pretty good year pin wise

Have a good 2016 guys

Made it to May without buying any machines, then bought 7 throughout the year :oops:

In: ST Premium, POTC, TS, I500, Tron, SM, TSPP.

Out: CFTBL (on loan), HS2 TG, WCS, TAF, AFM, I500, TZ (loaned out).

Went to my first league meet, hope to make it to some more this year.

On the lookout this year for: TWD, LOTR, WH20.

Hoping to receive MMr, TH and Alien (well at least 1 out of 3 is guaranteed)

Happy New Year :thumbs:

Good year, in don't want to think about that too hard:confused: twd,St stern, dh, 2 x afm (1 at work ) and a few more :)
Out af, ft,bmf,

Attended 1 show and gutted to miss the nlp Manchester

Only 1... Royal Guard in........ And after a real struggle against the wife saying "You ain't bringing that into my f**king house".

Always wondered if other members on here get any aggro when you want big boys toys?

BB

It doesn't get any easier when you hit double figures. It's best to keep them in the dark as much as possible. Being seen to move machines out works well (Just be sure that your other half is out when you move others in). The old "I'm looking after it for a friend" might hold them for a couple of weeks.

Anna is now very good at looking out of the window and telling me that Martin is outside.:oops:

Any machine I buy pretty much comes with an additional hefty price tag in the form of jewellery or redecoration.

Got some interesting games in this year but moved a few on as well:

Pins In
  • Night Moves
  • Moon Flight
  • Baywatch
  • Pinball Magic
  • Fireball
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Fireball 2
  • Dr Who
  • Robot
Pins Out
  • Moon Flight
  • Paragon
  • Baywatch
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon
  • Pinball Magic
  • Dr Who
In terms of shows/tournaments this year, I managed to make quite a few:
  • UK Championship Series Finals
  • 8 Bit Flip
  • London Pinball Championships
  • NERG
  • World Cup Revisited
  • NLP
  • Christmas Cracker
  • Midlands League
Here's to more of the same in 2016 :thumbs:

Hmm, I've been a tad busy...

Pins In
  • Metallica Master of Puppets LE
  • Tron
  • WWF Royal Rumble
  • NBA #1
  • NBA #2
  • Hook
  • HS2
  • Space Ship
Pins Out
  • Iron Man
  • Fire Mountain
  • Hook
  • Hi-Deal
Loaners In
  • Monster Bash
  • Medieval Madness
Loaners Out
  • Circus Voltaire
Tournaments/Shows/Big Meets/Leagues
  • IFPA12 World Champioship (Sweden)
  • European Championship (Belgiun)
  • European Series Final (Switzerland)
  • UK Series Final
  • The 12 hour High Score Shoot Out
  • Swiss Open
  • Boras (Sweden) Pinball Classic
  • 8 bit flip
  • SWL pin Golf / Dave's 49th BD tournament
  • Dutch Masters
  • London Pinball Championships
  • German Pinball Open
  • Welsh Cup
  • UK Pinball Cup
  • UK Pinball Party / UK Open/Classics/League Finals
  • Not another Birthday tournament
  • Dutch Pinball Expo / Dutch Open/Classics
  • Shine Charity Tournament
  • Christmas Cracker Tournament
  • The Festive Gathering Tournaments
  • New year Robot Bash Tournament
  • Special When Lit League
  • London League
  • Pinball Madness League
  • UK South West League

Last edited:
Pins in : 0
Pins out : 0

Unfortunately mid-divorce, so don't own any and daren't get any until things are finalised :(:(

Did Make NLP with the Kids tho, which was a bonus! :)

Running this place makes things difficult as there's things that come up that i would love, however funds and situation prevent this :( Will get there.... eventually...

Loving doing some work for some friends on their machines tho - makes it all worthwhile - Oh and this place of course!! :)

For me this year:

In:
Williams Fish Tales
Williams Black Knight 2000
DE Tales from the crypt
Sega New Astro City
Sega Net City
Loads of pcbs and carts for above machines

Out:
Generic wooden Jamma cabinet
Home made Mame cabinet

All the years seem to roll in to one!!
I think it went like this

In:
Fishtales
Funhouse
Whitewater
Baywatch
Johnny mnemonic
Jamma cab

Out:
Wwfrr
Blackout
Paragon
Johnny mnemonic
Baywatch

Jeeez. When you look at it like that, that's a lot of money gone to Martin the delivery man!!

Jeeez. When you look at it like that, that's a lot of money gone to Martin the delivery man!!

Tell me about it! I think I'm putting his kids through college :). After a long drive in horrible weather and traffic to collect a pin recently Martin is welcome to it! :p

In
Metallica Pro
Star Trek Pro
Walking Dead Pro

Out
White Water
Indiana Jones
Baywatch
Big Buck Hunter
Dracula
Warlords cocktail
Batman Dark Knight (had on loan)

Cheers
Greg

In:

T2
WH20
TZ
LOTR
FH

Out:

SoF
JM
BSD
FH
TZ (temporarily)

I had a really good year. Made my goal of attending every midlands league meet for the 14-15 season (and finished 5th!). Did a good number of London league meets. This also marked the first year I lent machines for a show (UKPP) which generally was a good experience. Also picked up 2 of my grail machines, T2 and LOTR which was a big bonus. Wasn't any low points really, Tilt Coffee in Leicester closing was a shame but other than that a great year. Bring on 2016!

Games In: TZ (temporarily)
Fish Tales
Future Spa
AFM
Spiderman
TAF
LOTR (7)

Games Out: LOTR
TAF
AC/DC Premium
ST LE
Spiderman
Radical (6)

My MM continued its tour of other English collectors houses ;) 2015 was the year that I bought back several games that I had owned previously and missed playing ( TZ, FT, LOTR).

Highlight of the year for me was attending The Northern Lights show in Manchester. It was also good to see two new Pinball Cafes opening up in Chiswick and Birmingham, but again it was sad to see Tilt Coffee House close in Leicester, despite my regular patronage. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom