What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2021 Pinball Activity

In = Nothing
Out=Power Drift vid, my pinball mojo
2022 = Hopefully sell Genesis,will probably sell Alice COOPER
Highs = Seeing people again, raising £2.9k for Prostate Cancer UK thru NLP

Lows= NLP attendees down, no Nerg **** up

2022, can't imagine getting anything new,maybe DP if ACNC goes.
Hopefully get my mojo back

My first year owning (and playing) pinball machines. Thanks to @Gary Flower, @MadNat, @stumblor, @cmrl9, and many others who have been so helpful and welcoming to a n00b, and thanks to @mark9 for selling us a wonderful LoTR.

IN

Fish Tales
Lord of the Rings

OUT

Nothing

HIGHS

Thanks to @Gary Flower for inviting me to the pre-opening of Funland in the Brunswick Arcade (and several other pinball events, which I was sadly unable to get to). Some of the pics in this article are mine: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/10/26/funland-arcade/

I also had great fun with my Pi-Bo Wizard and Flipper Beast at Flip Out, Funland and Plonk Golf in Hackney (which has a Dolly Parton, Hook, TAF, BOP, etc.) and with my husband playing GB, MM and STh at Chief Coffee.

Also, REPAIRING and MODDING our pins! :) Thanks to everyone who’s helped us with suggestions and advice!

LOWS

We planned to attend tournaments at Flip Out and Funland, but the post-lockdown resurgence of kiddie viruses meant that we were ill both times. Hopefully, 2022 will be a better year (I’ve got COVID - so, that‘s working well already :rolleyes:)…

PLANS FOR 2022

We have a deposit down on a GZ Prem…

Due to the omicron outbreak in London, I didn’t have my mum here at Xmas, so haven’t managed to work on my FT reproduction fish topper. Again, the plan is to work on that in 2022 along with fitting an auxillary power supply + mods to LoTR.

Once I get out of self-isolation, I’d like to take the Flipper Beast to Electric Circus - they have a few pins I’ve not yet tried out. I was hoping to go to the Dutch Pinball Museum as part of a Netherlands Bakfiets tour, but - again - not sure whether COVID will put the dampeners on that.

50BA7C80-4968-4E64-A452-A7EB9083E434.jpeg

F5A49126-083D-49F7-9B62-4B11BFA0BC59.jpeg
C0FD7C66-4AB4-47EF-8F51-F35542811544.jpeg
5E6832E5-4191-47DB-AE14-21062C882218.jpeg

I'm also one of the people that had their first year in pinball in 2021. Not as eventful as @AllstarDK 's first year! It started with a vpin that I thought was excellent value at the time, little did I know it would actually lead me to buy 2 real machines! I hadn't played a real machine since I was a kid. Due to covid and not being vaccinated at the time, I'm one of those crazy people that bought a NIB without having played it. I've been to Tilt and Electric Circus a few times since being vaccinated and going back out into the world but no competitions or events yet.

In
Vpin
JP2 Prem
TMNT Pro

Out
None

Plans for 2022
DP Pro on order
Lots more trips to Electric Circus and Tilt
Look more into a garage conversion (the addiction has taken hold)
Maybe attend an event or competition if I'm brave enough but probably not cos I'm so socially awkward lol
Find out who @steve brum thought I was or if he was just getting everyone to tease me!

A year ago I would never have predicted my life to be all about pinball, that's for sure!

2021 was great after a hard 2020 and lots of life upheaval. So glad I finally met @David_Vi in person and that he introduced me to his world of pinball.

Highlights for me were going to Pinfest, which I thought I'd enjoy but hadn't expected to have quite so much fun. Meeting so many great people who are welcoming, knowledgeable and friendly, everyone is so happy to chat (which as someone who suffers from almost chronic chattiness, is great) and to help a new person. Visiting Flip Out, Domino Arcade, Greg's, and @Hiltoncriss the Pinball Office and playing Diner for the first time. And of course going on @Gonzo's podcast a few months ago - it was a lot of fun!

This year I'm looking forward to buying my first pinball machine (later this month!), hosting and tournament directing our first event at the end of January and moving to Suffolk in the next couple of months! (My flat contract ends at the end of March so it's not that long really.) Hopefully we will host more events once we're settled (and I'd love to get a Diner, a World Cup Soccer aka Dog ball later this year!)

Thank you everyone for making 2021 so great 😊

Back
Top Bottom