What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup sweepstake thread

Dear Algeria ( @shaunyboy )

I've spent a bit of time researching your country in order to make some well informed insults. Turns out your country is so boring that this is the most interesting fact I could find. Bear in mind this is from a top 10 facts about Algeria article!! :eek::eek:

In 2007, a court in Algeria had to rule on the ownership of a donkey which had eaten the money brought by a purchaser for its sale.

I have nothing further to add.

I predict my delicious chocolate and excellent beer producing Country will destroy you on this pitch this afternoon.

Love you really.
belgium.JPG

Last edited:
Yah but based on the state of Uruguay I think we have a good chance of beating them and while Costa Rica are no mugs if you want to progress you have to beat them comfortably. Still got a good chance to qualify
Don't worry, we plan to spank the Italians and then play a weakened team against the English! Come on the Rich Coast!

@ianw, we are surprised your team had the money to fly to Brazil as your countries national debt is larger than your economy. I was also surprised to find out your country produces 7% of the worlds marbles.
My team will be eating radio active fish to increase our Manga powers to defeat you on the pitch.
Or we will lose again as we are rubbish at this game.

I've spent a bit of time researching your country in order to make some well informed insults. Turns out your country is so boring that this is the most interesting fact I could find. Bear in mind this is from a top 10 facts about Algeria article!! :eek::eek:

In 2007, a court in Algeria had to rule on the ownership of a donkey which had eaten the money brought by a purchaser for its sale.

I predict my delicious chocolate and excellent beer producing Country will destroy you on this pitch this afternoon.

Love you really.
View attachment 7954

ok,
lets have a look at what goes on in belgium.

oh dear,

There is a carrot museum in the town of Berlotte in Belgium. It is said to be very small and only men are allowed to join its Carrot Club.

oh dear oh dear,

There is a memorial at Waterloo in Belgium to the leg Lord Uxbridge lost in the 1815 battle.

lets go algeria my 2000-1 shots ha.

ok,
lets have a look at what goes on in belgium.

oh dear,
There is a carrot museum in the town of Berlotte in Belgium. It is said to be very small and only men are allowed to join its Carrot Club.

Hahahaha! I was soooo hoping you wouldn't find that! The top 10 facts about Belgium article in the same series is 100 times worse than the Algeria one!:oops:

Game on @shaunyboy Good luck. You are going to need it. :cool:

I have nothing but good things to say about @replicas and his Mexican friends. Very best wishes taking on the mighty unstoppable Brazilian task force, and I hope the tears from your inevitable 3-0 defeat don't ruin your poncho.

Love you really.
View attachment 7954

oops! :)

I have nothing but good things to say about @replicas and his Mexican friends. Very best wishes taking on the mighty unstoppable Brazilian task force, and I hope the tears from your inevitable 3-0 defeat don't ruin your poncho.
Think it's going to be a close one this, in fact all our goals will count tonight so watch out matey.
Sitting down to watch and even bought a bag of Doritos to get into the zone.
Prepare for a spanking @Wizcat .

i put the latest odds on, according to Ladbrokes - this is for the outright tournament win

A
Brazil / @Wizcat Paul G Ladbrokes odds 3-1F
Croatia / @newdos Kev 150-1
Mexico / @replicas Daz 100-1
Cameroon / @bartron Stan 2000-1

B
Spain / @Paul missus Samantha 12-1
Netherlands / @Big Phil Phil 10-1
Chile / @Matti B Matti 28-1
Australia / @Richard Richard 5000-1

C
Colombia / @roadshow16 Craig 33-1
Greece / @ianw Ian 300-1
Ivory Coast / @Monkeyboypaul Paul MB 150-1
Japan / @Calimori Geoff 150-1

D
Uruguay / @mark9 Mark C 28-1
Costa Rica / @Matt Vince Matt 4000-1
England / @jagman Peachy 28-1
Italy / @cooldan Dan 25-1

E
Switzerland / @Paul Paul B 100-1
Ecuador / @GrizZ Ive 150-1
France / @johnwhitfield John W 20-1
Honduras / @Johnnyo John O 4000-1

F
Argentina / @ronsplooter Chris 4-1
Bosnia-Hercegovina / @Mfresh Paul R 150-1
Iran / @PinballDaze Dave 3000-1
Nigeria / @PinballDaze missus Lynda 200-1

G
Germany / @mufcmufc Stormy 5-1
Portugal / @Nickbs Nick 20-1
Ghana / @teachp8 Mark P 200-1
USA / @jonathan Jonathan H 250-1

H
Belgium / @Fintan Stack Dean 20-1
Algeria / @shaunyboy Shaun 2000-1
Russia / @JT. Jonathan T 100-1
South Korea / @Nedreud Peter 500-1

so the top three are Brazil (3-1), Argentina (4-1) and Germany (5-1)
and the bottom four Iran (3000-1), Honduras and Costa Rica (4000-1) and Australia at 5000-1

One finalist will come from (A1/B2) vs (C1/D2) ........v...........(E1/F2) vs (G1/H2)

and the other from (A2/B1) vs (C2/D1) .............v............(E2/F1) vs (G2/H1)

Sorry. Just wanted to copy this here to save me going back to page 3 to remind me of who's who.

Crap.... I had £2 on Mexico to win.... Would have won a nice easy £30 had they just got that ball in the net!! :D

Sorry. Just wanted to copy this here to save me going back to page 3 to remind me of who's who.
good idea Dean, and here are the latest odds now that everyone has had a game - fairly predictable whose odds are shortening and whose are not. for example England was 28-1 and is now 33-1

odds shortening
= (odds unchanged)
odds lengthening

Brazil / @@Wizcat Paul G 3-1F 7-2
Croatia / @@newdos Kev 150-1 =
Mexico / @@replicas Daz 100-1 80-1
Cameroon / @@bartron Stan 2000-1 =

Spain / @@Paul Samantha 12-1 =
Netherlands / @@Big Phil Phil 10-1 9-1
Chile / @@Matti B Matti 28-1 33-1
Australia / @@Richard Richard 5000-1 =

Colombia / @@roadshow16 Craig 33-1 25-1
Greece / @@ianw Ian 300-1 1000-1
Ivory Coast / @@Monkeyboypaul Paul MB 150-1 80-1
Japan / @@Calimori Geoff 150-1 300-1

Uruguay / @@mark9 Mark C 28-1 100-1
Costa Rica / @@Matt Vince Matt 4000-1 750-1
England / @@jagman Peachy 28-1 33-1
Italy / @@cooldan Dan 25-1 18-1

Switzerland / @@Paul Paul B 100-1 80-1
Ecuador / @@GrizZ Ive 150-1 300-1
France / @@johnwhitfield John W 20-1 16-1
Honduras / @@Johnnyo John O 4000-1 5000-1

Argentina / @@ronsplooter Chris 4-1 7-2
Bosnia-Hercegovina / @@Mfresh Paul R 150-1 =
Iran / @@PinballDaze Dave 3000-1 =
Nigeria / @@PinballDaze missus Lynda 200-1 500-1

Germany / @@mufcmufc Stormy 5-1 4-1
Portugal / @@Nickbs Nick 20-1 33-1
Ghana / @@teachp8 Mark P 200-1 500-1
USA / @@jonathan Jonathan H 250-1 200-1

Belgium / @@Fintan Stack Dean 20-1 18-1
Algeria / @@shaunyboy Shaun 2000-1 =
Russia / @@JT. Jonathan T 100-1 =
South Korea / @@Nedreud Peter 500-1 =

the biggest mover was Costa Rica who blitzed from 4000-1 to a tasty 750-1

and hats off to Honduras who started with 4000-1 and still managed to convince the bookies they were being too generous, and actually it's less likely than that.

Remember what happens next:
One finalist will come from (A1/B2) vs (C1/D2) ........v...........(E1/F2) vs (G1/H2)

and the other from (A2/B1) vs (C2/D1) .............v............(E2/F1) vs (G2/H1)

Last edited:
Dear Korea (@Nedreud),

Pleaze, do nothing stupid. Othervise ve annex you.

Yours, Russia xxx
Dear Russia (@JT.)

You may be very big but you're old and flabby like your leader so we couldn't let you win.

Love,

South Korea.

PS. Under international law you can't annex us over a draw. Sorry.

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom