What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Venom Pro SPECIAL OFFER, no extended warranty.

Anyone ordered a venom then ?
We are going to see this more and more with the title/release before Elwins next release. Unless the theme is a must have for some or the layout is amazing and wows people.

Venom albeit a strong licence for some does not have the huge mass nostalgic appeal that say JAWS will have. Also Venom was a letdown a little with another Brian Eddy copy and paste fan layout, when a lot were at the very least hoping for a shadow copy and paste.

Add into things the price and it’s no wonder people are holding out for Elwins next latest and potentially greatest.

Last edited:
pah-55904239.jpg

Can't wait for Sterns next grandad rock pin release

Sterns next game is already fish based
We will all be eating reheated chips if the rumour about the price increase and the SLE edition is true, I might have to settle for raw potatoes if it’s as good as rumours suggest 😂

What’s the point of getting a Limited Edition or an SLE.. they just release another version later down the line.

Yeah, I really think Stern might have miscalculated with JP 30th and the newest Elvira.

A few years back, LEs were around £1k more than Premiums. For the value of the extras that were included (invisiglass, shaker, upgraded speakers etc) it wasn’t too hard to justify the extra cost if you preferred the art or loved the theme. I bought JPLE NIB for £10k when the Prem would have cost me £9k on this basis.

Over the past few years though the price gap between Prem and LE has grown substantially, whilst the value of the included extras has pretty much remained the same, with the exception of maybe the expression lighting on FF. Naturally this means that they’ve been leaning more and more on the limited nature of the machines as a key selling point.

I was out of the LE market the second the price difference between the Prem and LE increased from £1k but people have kept buying due to this perceived rarity. However, Stern have now devalued the ‘limited’ benefit by making it abundantly clear that they may well release further limited runs down the line - so why would anyone buy the first run LE?

Be interesting to see what happens with LE sales going forwards.

Here’s a tip which I tried last week.

Large chips- pretty big, if you can’t eat them all- wrap back up in paper, put in plastic bag, put in freezer.

Next time you want chips, bit of fry lite and air fryer- takes 10minutes! It is like they were fresh out the chippy. Couldn’t believe it when my mate told me… but he’s spot on!

Disclaimer:
I have plain chips - not sure what they would taste like if has salt and vinegar on them when frozen.

Give it a go
And cooling then reheating your chips is actually good for you. Michael Mosely says so.

I don’t normally comment but as everyone is has had a turn here we go,
This deal was offered in an awful way with a no set number of units or time to order then pulled without notice no doubt annoying people who already paid full price or didn’t have time to think over the offer before deciding to buy
I’m also not surprised other shops complained to electro coin if they were not offered a deal and if prices are usual set,
pinball is a rip off with usually poor quality product which we accept but there is a limit, Over about 7 years I have had 8 new machines and other used ones but I think I’m about done with the hobby as it’s just not fun anymore and other hobby offer more for a lot less
This is just my opinion from what I gathered from this thread and I’m not having a go at anyone but I think as the buyers we should be treated better

I welcome any respectful response and would love to know if other people feel similar

pinball is a rip off with usually poor quality product which we accept but there is a limit, Over about 7 years I have had 8 new machines and other used ones but I think I’m about done with the hobby as it’s just not fun anymore and other hobby offer more for a lot less
This is just my opinion from what I gathered from this thread and I’m not having a go at anyone but I think as the buyers we should be treated better

I welcome any respectful response and would love to know if other people feel similar

I can't really comment on the deal, as it's unclear what was negotiated with whom and who complained about what...

However, I think, if you are fed up with pinball because of over-priced new-in-box pins with low bill-of-materials and/or vintage pins that keep breaking, you probably need to stop thinking like a collector :)

We have had several pins in the house over the last few years with, in many cases, a lot of messing about and a high frustration factor for the price paid. However, as per a lovely thread posted a few weeks back, we've also got involved in the competitive scene, which is costing about £40 a month (for a Pinball Republic membership for two), plus baking ingredients when I ran a tournament at my house.

As such, we've now got six machines that are broadly working most of the time (after a lot of fiddling) and one that I've dismantled to do a restoration. We don't move them around much and have stopped tinkering with them unnecessarily and, thus, they largely don't cost anything except electricity. We also play on location a lot, so other people buy and repair those pins for us, and there's a strong social component to our competitive play. Thus, 99% of what we're doing is 'fun' and 'pinball', but without being on a pricing/FOMO carousel.

Stern/Seth have really screwed the pooch on this one. I’m out of Stern LE / SLE - no point in paying £4K more. Limited Edition means limited..

Wouldn’t surprise me if Stern stoped LE and started Premium + 😂

I think Stern have well and truely jumped the shark now. The build quality for the box of lights isn't what it used to be.

What’s the SLE going to have.. a piece of the rubber shark they blew up!?
The way Stern have been going with these reissued LEs and the lack of offering anything to the customer, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t have anything exclusive other than a big old price tag and SLE plaque.

Bond 60th didn’t come with anything “special” the days of Elvira couch or probably gone.

This deal was offered in an awful way with a no set number of units or time to order then pulled without notice no doubt annoying people who already paid full price or didn’t have time to think over the offer before deciding to buy
Why was the deal offered in an awful way? It was quite clear what the offer was and how long it was going to last (until the end of the year).

It got pulled due to a 3rd party stopping it. The deal has been reworked so you can still get Venom at the cheaper price (I believe), you just get a voucher for the price difference instead.

Why was the deal offered in an awful way? It was quite clear what the offer was and how long it was going to last (until the end of the year).

It got pulled due to a 3rd party stopping it. The deal has been reworked so you can still get Venom at the cheaper price (I believe), you just get a voucher for the price difference instead
as you say it was pulled due to a 3 party, why did electro coin offer a deal to Phil then pull it when there was a complaint, did they not think other shops would find out and if so why not offer to all or say it’s just for pinball heaven as I guess they sell the most, I appreciate Phil trying to hold the deal as best as possible

It got pulled due to a 3rd party stopping it. The deal has been reworked so you can still get Venom at the cheaper price (I believe), you just get a voucher for the price difference instead.
There is and never was any deal from Electrocoin on any titles. And the ones from USA are offering nobody here has stock of them in UK/IRE.
This deal that was offered is just a Phil deal as he over-ordered and is taking the hit of no-profit sale price as he has probably committed numbers to electrocoin before they canceled bit like myself with James Bonds.
As I rang myself yesterday to find out on my order of stuff.

I shouldn’t really comment as I wasn’t interested in the deal or the game, but one thing that wasn’t clear is why a 2 year warranty wasn’t issued with the price, as a I wasn’t sure what the ‘Stern Warranty’ was, I assume the standard 12 months?

What if electrocoin decided to start selling to the public? These shops would be immediately cut out of Stern. There are other manufacturers ec isn't in bed with.
But I've no fish to muddy this further, I'll let myself trout (paraphrasing Kryten)

Back
Top Bottom