What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Venom Pro SPECIAL OFFER, no extended warranty.

I played it at expo and its actually really good. Probably the biggest surpise of the whole show, i expected not to like it at all. Stripped out yes, but defo no turd.

The fast locks work great in single ball play, but a bit hectic in multiball!

Goes to show really we should all reserve judgement till we've actually played the game.

This was my view exactly to. Why people say games are **** when they have no clue what they are like and haven't even played them is beyond me.

I have a feeling Venom will be like Stranger Things. Everyone will diss it and then the code will really make it shine.
And this is the perfect time to buy one. Done it many times in the past. Get in whilst everyone else says its **** and get a bargain. My view is if you like the theme and game, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks. Batman 66 was rather sweet to buy when everyone else said it was the worst game ever... lol

Not correct. Nothing to do with venom sales.

Some people never happy….
I don’t think it’s a question of people never being happy Phil , more a logical conclusion that if you were going to test the water in the current climate on a fantastic deal like this (can’t be far from circa trade) it was bound to be on a relatively poor seller like venom compared to winners like GZ , JP , FF, Bond.

Don't think Bond sold well..?

Edit - anyway it's a sales thread innit so let's take it somewhere else :)

Just watching a stream of the game (LE) and it looks pretty good to me, love the speed of it.
Sound, lighting and LCD😎

The theme does nothing for me but that pro game looks gorgeous. The art package is bang on.

Well, some well known dealer on this forum got this offer stopped, but THANK YOU to all of the orders we've had for this so far!

Offer withdrawn as of today.

New offer as of today.

Venom Pro - £8k with £500 Pinball Heaven voucher
Venom Premium - £11k with £1k Pinball Heaven voucher

Hope I've not upset anyone with the new offer...

Phil

Love a bit of competition. Helps avoid complacency and keep the customer happy.

But that's the opposite of what's happened here, isn't it?

Judging by what Phil said (and having zero knowledge of what went on, so only seeing one side, caveat etc etc) it seems he decided to put out an offer, with the agreement of his supplier.

In a normal 'competition' market, others can choose to match that offer, or structure something similar, or sit it out at more 'normal' pricing if they feel it isn't worth selling at that level or if they aren't comfortable reducing the warranty risk - all of those are completely normal.

The implication of what has happened is anti-competitive, cartel like behaviour with someone enforcing a 'minimum sale price' RRP that cannot be undercut - no idea if that's legal (post EU exit etc) but it is absolutely not good for the customer!!!

no offence taken, but it doesn't look very professional - not a jibe at you, more the distributor's sales and stakeholder management practices.

Great to have a nice offer on the table (although you could argue NIB prices way too high anyway) but then to withdraw it suddenly because someone else (who wasn't part of your distributor discussion) got grumpy; that's ridiculous.

The implication of what has happened is anti-competitive, cartel like behaviour with someone enforcing a 'minimum sale price' RRP that cannot be undercut - no idea if that's legal (post EU exit etc) but it is absolutely not good for the customer!!!

Under US law enforcing a minimum retai price is essentially legal and a manufacturer can stop dealing with a retailer/distributor who does not follow their policy. This underpins Stern's approach. In Europe and the UK it is broadly illegal for manufacturers to set or seek to enforce minimum selling prices. The only grey area is 'MAP' pricing where the minimum advertised price is set (as aopposed to the actual sales price).

In practice some companies use 'work rounds' (think Nike not supplying Sports Direct with the latest trainers) and in practical terms it is very hard for the retailers/disrtributors to take on their suppliers, although what you describe above would be illegal. So you could say that in real life the 'law is and ass'. Government sponsored Pinball Regulator anyone!

Surely this is down to the Distributor not willing to offer the same deal to another dealer so pulled it from this one.

Im sure everyone's aware that UK dealers can only get Sterns from Electrocoin due to an exclusive deal, which can only be a bad thing for anything wanting to buy a stern in the UK as theres a middle man taking a cut who you cant even order direct from, personally I think its utter BS and anti-competitive for the UK market.

But that's the opposite of what's happened here, isn't it?

Judging by what Phil said (and having zero knowledge of what went on, so only seeing one side, caveat etc etc) it seems he decided to put out an offer, with the agreement of his supplier.

In a normal 'competition' market, others can choose to match that offer, or structure something similar, or sit it out at more 'normal' pricing if they feel it isn't worth selling at that level or if they aren't comfortable reducing the warranty risk - all of those are completely normal.

Generally speaking - A retailer can price things any way they choose. When there isn’t much competition they don’t need to be too creative. Good to see Phil coming up with creative offers. That’s good for the customer isn’t it?

For some people it’s not always about price - it’s service and being a valued customer. Competition gives an opportunity to compare how the retailers value customers.

In my opinion both of these examples are good for the customer.

Looks like distros in the US are doing a similar thing...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1698418633457.jpg
    FB_IMG_1698418633457.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 108
  • FB_IMG_1698418638397.jpg
    FB_IMG_1698418638397.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 106
I do wonder how many Led Zep's are sitting in containers over here. I quite enjoyed it when I played Neil's at the club.

Well, some well known dealer on this forum got this offer stopped, but THANK YOU to all of the orders we've had for this so far!

Offer withdrawn as of today.

New offer as of today.

Venom Pro - £8k with £500 Pinball Heaven voucher
Venom Premium - £11k with £1k Pinball Heaven voucher

Phil
Just back to this farce and just to let you know it was not me. I'm happy your selling at cost and working for the tax man. I have had this argument with Electrocoin and now can bypass them. But to be fair you sell it over the list price

Back
Top Bottom