What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS

Apologies if this has already been answered but what time will we need to be there from/does the competition start?

Cheers

Apologies if this has already been answered but what time will we need to be there from/does the competition start?

Cheers
You'll need to be there from 1pm - first ball plunged at 2pm (whether you're there or not). Doors will be open earlier so that the Pingolf qualifying games can be played

Just to recap again in case anyone wasn't clear - as well as the UKCS finals on Jan 27th: Jan 27th and Jan 28th also have other competitions open to everyone at PBR (Pingolf on Saturday, and a big 200%TGP Matchplay on Sunday)

I like to think of Sunday as the "FINAL BATTLE at PBR" before the current venue closes.

Hopefully a lot of the UKCS folk will stay, others will come and we can give the club a proper sendoff in style with a good crowd. I'll be bringing the whole family so those tired of playing Gene and myself can pick on my wife and sons (or not, depending on how good you are) :)

Do come along if you are free to one or both and say goodbye in style to Pinball Republic in Croydon which has been such an amazing pinball venue for so many years. It should be a lot of fun - great people as ever, high value tournaments and the added benefit of supporting the club as prepares to move to new location.

I noticed that the UKCS page on IFPA has been updated for 2024 🙌

@Monster currently top of the rankings after the huge Office result! But once the PBR results go in it will be all change

Rules for qualifying are here

Top 64 players will qualify for finals and every UK tournament will count towards qualification! Thanks for updating it @Matt Vince

@Monster currently top of the rankings after the huge Office result! But once the PBR results go in it will be all change

Top 64 players will qualify for finals and every UK tournament will count towards qualification! Thanks for updating it @Matt Vince
Has to be the irrepressible @robotgreg at the top early :)

I assume though that will not include the UK pinball league or other leagues as that was never the intent or how when you and I set up it back in 2014?

I assume though that will not include the UK pinball league or other leagues as that was never the intent or how when you and I set up it back in 2014?
Good question, not sure. @Matt Vince will league's count towards the standings? Also any info on the finals? Is there an incentive to finishing higher throughout the season?

2014! Wow, 10 years ago 😳 Feels like yesterday!!

Bump for this weekend - the last tournaments at PBR Croydon.

UKCS finals and Pingolf (Pingolf open to all) on Saturday

The Final Battle on Sunday (matchplay - all welcome)

Is this the one where Ben Leigh wins it all?

Don't miss it...!

Ben gets my vote to take the trophies this weekend!

Looking forward to an enjoyable weekend and giving a fitting send off to PBRs current location.

Bump for this weekend - the last tournaments at PBR Croydon.

UKCS finals and Pingolf (Pingolf open to all) on Saturday

The Final Battle on Sunday (matchplay - all welcome)

Is this the one where Ben Leigh wins it all?

Don't miss it...!
Hey @Jackpot what time do things kick off on the Sat and Sun? If I remember UKCS starts at 2pm but what about Pingolf and the 1010? Wondering whether to head down early on the Sat.

Now that all of the finalists have confirmed attendance, the groupings for each round have been confirmed, as attached.
If anybody drops out and a replacement needs to step in, these groupings could change completely (not just switching the new player in).

A recap of the rules.

In each round the first listed player (highest seed) will have choice of which game is to be played.
The same player can choose from any of the machines available in PBR (which are not being used in the Pingolf), as long as THEY have not picked that game before.
The highest seed can defer choice of game to the next player, but this will not change the playing position for that round.

The play order for each round is set as shown. I.e. the HIGHER seed plays first.

Through the rounds each player will play each person EXACTLY once. Scoring is 3,2,1,0 for the initial 4-player round and 2,1,0 for the 3-player rounds.
IF there is a tie for trophy positions, this will be broken by the head to head record in the game they played against each other.
If there is a tie with 3 or more players that can't be split in this way, it will be decided by a single game chosen by the highest seed (which hasn't been picked by them previously).

First game will start at 2pm - any players not present at 1:45 will forfeit their place and the next highest qualifier will take their place.

Attachments

• Round 1.jpg
    Round 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Round 2.jpg
    Round 2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Round 3.jpg
    Round 3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Round 4.jpg
    Round 4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Round 6.jpg
    Round 6.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Round 5.jpg
    Round 5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Round 7.jpg
    Round 7.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Round 8.jpg
    Round 8.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Round 9.jpg
    Round 9.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Round 10.jpg
    Round 10.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Round 11.jpg
    Round 11.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Do we know which games are going to be used for Pingolf? Otherwise that may make picking your choice a touch more difficult.
I don't think that @Matt Vince has published the pingolf games yet? But I may have just missed it - they'll definitely be known by 10am tomorrow as that's when that comp starts!

There'll be another change to the groupings already published, due to a dropout for illness, but as I'm not near my laptop I won't be able to update until later.

I don't think that @Matt Vince has published the pingolf games yet? But I may have just missed it - they'll definitely be known by 10am tomorrow as that's when that comp starts!
All good. It's just that you referenced people having planned their game picks, so I didn't know if you were already aware of the games. Doesn't really make a lot of difference for me either way. I'm sure it'll all be fun.

Obviously I don'y know, and all will become clear, but I'd have thought that there wouldn't necessarily be a need to run Pingolf and the UKCS on exclusive sets of machines given the flexible nature of Pingolf. I'd have thought having all/most games available, and a UKCS use of a game taking preference would be workable? I stand to be corrected though! :)

Obviously I don'y know, and all will become clear, but I'd have thought that there wouldn't necessarily be a need to run Pingolf and the UKCS on exclusive sets of machines given the flexible nature of Pingolf. I'd have thought having all/most games available, and a UKCS use of a game taking preference would be workable? I stand to be corrected though! :)

Agree with the above - Matt was also suggesting yesterday this could work fine. There are only 8 games a round needed for UKCS after all, and a fairly long pingolf qualifying window.

Given the prestige of the UKCS and the very hard work that has gone in to organising this in my humble opinion it should take precedence over the Pingolf side tournament.

But will leave to those in charge to discuss :) Appreciate the efforts!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom