What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS

Hi @Wayne J

There was some chat when we were in Germany in regards to a change in qualification for the IFPA WC for next year. From my understanding, there will only be 1 country spot for IFPA19 and the second spot will come from the highest finisher at the UKCS finals that hasn't already qualified for worlds? Can you confirm if that's correct please.

Also, have you managed to sort a venue/date for the finals yet?

Cheers, Craig

Last edited:
Hi @Wayne J

There was some chat when we were in Germany in regards to a change in qualification for the IFPA WC for next year. From my understanding, there will only be 1 country spot for IFPA19 and the second spot will come from the highest finisher at the UKCS finals that hasn't already qualified for worlds? Can you confirm if that's correct please.

Also, have you managed to sort a venue/date for the finals yet?

Cheers, Craig
Sorry, missed this earlier.

There was talk of the positions being allocated differently, but nothing has been confirmed so far. As soon as I have confirmation I'll update everyone.

The finals will be held at PBR, either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Feb.

Sorry, missed this earlier.

There was talk of the positions being allocated differently, but nothing has been confirmed so far. As soon as I have confirmation I'll update everyone.

The finals will be held at PBR, either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Feb.

Noticed this earlier

Standings updated after the comp at Pinball Office on June 25th on initial page

If anybody needed any further reason to enter the UKCS, as Craig has pointed out, the highest placed finisher at the Finals (to be held at PBR in Feb) who has not accepted a World Championship based on ranking, will earn the 2nd UK place for the Worlds.

To put it a little more simply.

The highest ranked player from the UK based on WPPR pts at the end of the year will be offered a place at the World Championships - currently this is Andy. If he didn't go it would then pass to the 2nd - currently Craig.

The other UK place at the Worlds would be offered to the Winner of the UKCS (if it was not the person who took the initial place based on WPPR Rank, in which case it would go to the 2nd place person).

Currently the lowest ranked player in the UK who has qualified for the UKCS finals is Diane - if she has a great day at PBR she could be going off to the worlds :D

Just waiting for the Classics results to show on IFPA website.

Plus my home WiFi has gone down, so can't transfer sheet from my laptop

Would be great to see how pinfest and the UK open has affected the standings - appreciate all your effort as understand this could take a lot of time to update. Thanks for organising @Wayne J

Attached is the full and complete standings, all 319 players.
However only those who have competed in 3 tournaments are eligible for the UKCS finals (highlighted in green)

I have updated the post on the first page with the players removed who have played less than 3 tournaments.

Attachments

• UKCS ALL.PNG
    UKCS ALL.PNG
    527.3 KB · Views: 140
I think Mike Grant is getting some Nitro boosts to his UK Open efforts. Was thinking, who is this new force in UK pinball I failed to notice!

(Think he's taken Miles Grant's points for the first spreadsheet)

I think Mike Grant is getting some Nitro boosts to his UK Open efforts. Was thinking, who is this new force in UK pinball I failed to notice!

(Think he's taken Miles Grant's points for the first spreadsheet)
I corrected that after I took the screenshot

The date of the finals has been confirmed.

The finals of the UKCS will take place at PBR on Saturday the 27th January, starting at 2pm.

@Matt Vince will also be hosting a Pingolf tournament running all day with the finals taking place after the UKCS, meaning that even if you're not qualified for the UKCS finals there will be a competition running.
In addition there will be another competition running on the Sunday (likely matchplay).

The qualified finalists will be notified as soon as the results from the RobotBash, hosted by @robotgreg on the 30th Dec have been entered on to the IFPA website. This won't leave a lot of time for people to confirm their attendance but can't be avoided due to PBR having to vacate their current premises.

Places not taken up by the qualified finalists will be offered to the next person down the list. If any of the finalists are not present on the day, the vacant position will be offered to the next person on the list present - another great reason to attend the weekend, even if you haven't qualified for the UKCS.

Entry to the UKCS finals will be free for all qualifiers.
Refreshments will be provided FOC by PBR
The Winner will win entry to the IFPA World Championships held in California in June 2024 (unless they have already qualified via UK IFPA ranking, in which case it will go to the next best finisher)
The Winner will also get to decide the charity to which 20% of all monies collected by the IFPA via the £1 registration fee (estimated at over £250)

It should be provide a fitting finale to the 2023 competitive season as well as a fitting send off for PBR. So if you haven't yet secured your qualifying position get along to one of the last 3 qualifying comps.

The date of the finals has been confirmed.

The finals of the UKCS will take place at PBR on Saturday the 27th January, starting at 2pm.

@Matt Vince will also be hosting a Pingolf tournament running all day with the finals taking place after the UKCS, meaning that even if you're not qualified for the UKCS finals there will be a competition running.
In addition there will be another competition running on the Sunday (likely matchplay).

The qualified finalists will be notified as soon as the results from the RobotBash, hosted by @robotgreg on the 30th Dec have been entered on to the IFPA website. This won't leave a lot of time for people to confirm their attendance but can't be avoided due to PBR having to vacate their current premises.

Places not taken up by the qualified finalists will be offered to the next person down the list. If any of the finalists are not present on the day, the vacant position will be offered to the next person on the list present - another great reason to attend the weekend, even if you haven't qualified for the UKCS.

Entry to the UKCS finals will be free for all qualifiers.
Refreshments will be provided FOC by PBR
The Winner will win entry to the IFPA World Championships held in California in June 2024 (unless they have already qualified via UK IFPA ranking, in which case it will go to the next best finisher)
The Winner will also get to decide the charity to which 20% of all monies collected by the IFPA via the £1 registration fee (estimated at over £250)

It should be provide a fitting finale to the 2023 competitive season as well as a fitting send off for PBR. So if you haven't yet secured your qualifying position get along to one of the last 3 qualifying comps.
Can anyone enter the pin golf on 27th Jan and enter pingolf regardless? Or is this only open to ukcs finalists?
how do I track how many ukcs events I’ve entered through the year and qualification status?
many thanks

Going to Greg’s comp in dec, took part in hitting the jackpot at pinball office also sat monster meet and festive gathering in dec. I think pinfest and the uk open count

Attached is the full and complete standings, all 319 players.
However only those who have competed in 3 tournaments are eligible for the UKCS finals (highlighted in green)

I have updated the post on the first page with the players removed who have played less than 3 tournaments.
Found the table - by the looks of it 3 more chances for me (maybe 4 if pin golf on 27th Jan also counts)

Only the 3 Ben, think it was only a single competition per venue and the PBR one is the Monster meet.
Plus the 27th is in 2024 AND it would be very hard to have that running on the same day as the finals if that was included in qualification 🤔 .

Plus the 27th is in 2024 AND it would be very hard to have that running on the same day as the finals if that was included in qualification 🤔 .
Could run the finals on the Sunday? No chance I’d qualify but can only try! Lol!

Standings updated after the Weekend at PBR (on first page)

With just 2 more events to go this year, there's still a fair bit to play for.

Who will take top qualifying position?
A strong weekend from Yuen (@Jackpot ) on home turf puts him right behind Andy (@PUP ) with Matt (@Matt Vince ), Nick (@mufcmufc ) & Craig (@roadshow16 ) also within touching distance.
Who will be attending these last 2 events at Peters' (@Moonraker ) & Gregs' (@robotgreg ) to claim 1 st placce and the decision as to which charity the prize money goes to? (As well as having choice of games throughout the finals?

It's just as tight at the cutoff for the top 24. With Dan Prachar just ahead of Dan Williams with Clive and Brad just behind them,

As some of you may know the IFPA have introduced a £1 per competitor fee for all competitions to be registered with / sanctioned by the IFPA to earn WPPR pts.
Details can be found here:

This effectively means that 50% of the monies raised will be allocated towards the UKCS finals. (Based on last years figures this should be around £1000).

That money will be split between trophies, prize money, and the venue hosting the Finals.
There will also be 20% of the total monies raised allocated to a charity of choosing by the highest seeded qualifier.

Most countries run a Championship Series based on the results, not of where there competitor comes from, but which country they competed in. The US runs it by each State.

What we are going to do in the UK is create a circuit of events which count towards the standings. These events will mainly be long established competitions, or competitions held in venues open to the public outside of the competition. The plan is to have about a dozen comps counting to the standings with as few duplications of venues as possible, so as not to give 'home advantage' to any site - be that familiarity of games, or ease of travel to.

If a venue hosts multiple competitions over a weekend, then the pts allocated will be the total WPPR pts earned by that player divided by the number of comps (regardless of whether they competed in all of them).
Each players total will consist of their 8 best out of 12 results (or scaled appropriately). In addition to qualify for the Final, players must compete in at least 3 events.
The top 24 competitors will be offered a place in the final.

Here's what the standing would be using 2022 results

Hi Wayne,

Just wondering if you have a breakdown of how the money raised will now work? I know there are still 2 events left, but just wondering if you can now clarify.

So if I understand correctly, 20% of the pot gets donated to the charity of their choice by the top ranked player at the end of the series. Some money goes to PBR for holding the finals, some money goes towards the trophies. And the rest of the money is prize money? Any ideas how that will be distributed? May I suggest that it's a winner takes all scenario in terms of the cash, so that it can be put towards helping fund their trip to IFPA, it's in California this year, which will be super expensive, so any help towards that trip (which has been rightfully earned), would be a big boost for that individual. And they are representing the UK, so it feels like a great thing for the winner of the UKCS to get, rather than watering it down. Maybe this has already been decided, but I haven't seen it documented anywhere, so any clarification would be great.

Looking forward to SWL this weekend, see lots of you there!

Craig

Back
Top Bottom