What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKCS

Hi Wayne,

Just wondering if you have a breakdown of how the money raised will now work? I know there are still 2 events left, but just wondering if you can now clarify.

So if I understand correctly, 20% of the pot gets donated to the charity of their choice by the top ranked player at the end of the series. Some money goes to PBR for holding the finals, some money goes towards the trophies. And the rest of the money is prize money? Any ideas how that will be distributed? May I suggest that it's a winner takes all scenario in terms of the cash, so that it can be put towards helping fund their trip to IFPA, it's in California this year, which will be super expensive, so any help towards that trip (which has been rightfully earned), would be a big boost for that individual. And they are representing the UK, so it feels like a great thing for the winner of the UKCS to get, rather than watering it down. Maybe this has already been decided, but I haven't seen it documented anywhere, so any clarification would be great.

Looking forward to SWL this weekend, see lots of you there!

Craig
Of all of the monies collected from the IFPA for the £1 fees

10% is taken in Admin
10% goes to IFPA towards costs for World's
10% goes to IFPA towards costs for EPC

Leaving 70% to be distributed in the UK.

As you said, 20% goes to a charity, chosen by the winner of the UKCS. The winner* also gets a place in the world's.
The remaining 50% all goes to the host of the UKCS - this year PBR. From that money they will provide trophies, food and venue hire. Any money left over remains at the club for them to spend within the club, whether that's cost of replacement parts to get the machines 100%, cost for repairer, promotion of the club, etc.

There is no prize money per se for the UKCS, (unless there is significant amount left over and PBR decide to offer a small cash prize.)

Last edited:
Hi Wayne, could you share the full table? :) I know I won't be able to qualify but would be great to see where I am in the standings.
It's on my work PC, so won't be until Monday, but I believe there are over 300 people on it. I'll see how's best to share it, but due to working on different versions of Excel the formatting is going to take a bit of tidying up first!

Of all of the monies collected from the IFPA for the £1 fees

10% is taken in Admin
10% goes to IFPA towards costs for World's
10% goes to IFPA towards costs for EPC

Leaving 70% to be distributed in the UK.

As you said, 20% goes to a charity, chosen by the winner of the UKCS. The winner* also gets a place in the world's.
The remaining 50% all goes to the host of the UKCS - this year PBR. From that money they will provide trophies, food and venue hire. Any money left over remains at the club for them to spend within the club, whether that's cost of replacement parts to get the machines 100%, cost for repairer, promotion of the club, etc.

There is no prize money per se for the UKCS.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, it was this post I wasn't sure about as it suggested prize money.

That money will be split between trophies, prize money, and the venue hosting the Finals.
There will also be 20% of the total monies raised allocated to a charity of choosing by the highest seeded qualifier.

You also said this

, or is it about the prize money which although currently unknown - is going to be far superior to any other comp you don't need to pay entry for, and higher than all but 3 or 4 comps in the UK.

But no problem, all good. PBR definitely needs our support and any money to them is all good. I can't go to California for IFPA next year, but I understand the expense involved, it's also the pinnacle of what we do, so any chance to support our UK guys who do go, I think is a positive thing

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, it was this post I wasn't sure about as it suggested prize money.

You also said this

But no problem, all good. PBR definitely needs our support and any money to them is all good. I can't go to California for IFPA next year, but I understand the expense involved, it's also the pinnacle of what we do, so any chance to support our UK guys who do go, I think is a positive thing
Sorry for the confusion, that's on me from earlier posts while things were still being finalised.

Following a busy week at SWL for the Festive Gathering* there have been some big moves from 2 players in particular - namely Luke (@GezTheHealer ) with a win in the classics and Rich (@RuyLopez ) who despite only a 7th and 17th position over the weekend - it was his 3rd event attended in the year meaning that his strong performances at Pinfest and the UK Open shoot him in to the qualifying positions.

With only 1 more event to go The RobotBash hosted by Greg (@robotgreg ) on the 30th the top 3 are split by only 5 WPPRpts.

Qualifying positions are updated on the front page of this thread
(I've also attached the full standings here as requested)

*I am aware that Peter (@Moonraker) is querying the IFPA published results, and will update the spreadsheet if and when there are any changes.

Attachments

• UKCS Standings.xlsx
    161.2 KB · Views: 90
Happy New Year all!

Waiting for the Robot Bash update with baited breath...;-)...great day at Greg's as last year!

Pete

The final standings are now in, and the qualifiers for the finals to be held on 27th January at PBR are:

Andy Foster @PUP
Yuen Aw @Jackpot
Craig Pullen @roadshow16
Matt Vince @Matt Vince
Nick Marshall @mufcmufc
Joshua Iles @Czard
Greg Mott @robotgreg
Peter Blakemore @Moonraker
Nathan Garwood @NateG119
Wayne Johns @Wayne J
Andy Brock @AndyB
Gene Aw
@Genotime
William Jarvis @nottud
Dan Pocklington @DanEFC
Rich Mallet @RuyLopez
Luke Grayson @GezTheHealer
Jack Burden @NewForestPinballJr ?
Graham Swaffield @Gcasgcas
Keith Burden @new forest pinball
Paul Owen @Paul R Owen
David Tucker @Tucks
Pete Bennett @PAZ
Owen Lloyd
Dave Fowler @BIGMAN
Conrad Chambers @C&C
Clive Bush @Clive ? (@Diane B )
Dan Williams @Diw
Dan Prachar @OXice6
Tim Thornton @yellowreggae
There are few names on here I don't know your tags for, so could people please contact me, or someone else let them know - I'll try and reach out via other means as well.

I will need to know whether you can attend or not by Friday 19th January to give time to the reserves who could take the vacant place, so please don't delay in getting in touch.

The reserve list is:

David Bowery @David_Vi
Kevin Donovan @kevlar
Dan Lewell @DanLewell
Brad Atwood @Itch
David Dutton @DAD

Don't forget that there are also 2 other competitions running over the weekend at PBR, if there are any vacancies in the UKCS finals these will be filled by the highest qualifier present - so it's definitely worth coming anyway.

I should know the allocations of the money from the IFPA in the next week or so, and will update accordingly.

At stake on the day will be the chance to nominate which charity the prize money will go to (decided by the winner on the day) PLUS a spot in the World Championships to be held in California.

Last edited:
So will the winner of the UKCS be the person who brings a google map listing with how far they have travelled to all the events? The DOMINO Organisation will give that person £250, a special silver domino and a Kojak "Who Loves you Baby" Lollipop.
On a side note - congratulations to @robotgreg who attended every event on the circuit - a nice £250 prize to start the year off from the Domino Organisation :)

The final standings are now in, and the qualifiers for the finals to be held on 27th January at PBR are:

Andy Foster @PUP
Yuen Aw @Jackpot
Craig Pullen @roadshow16
Matt Vince @Matt Vince
Nick Marshall @mufcmufc
Joshua Iles
Greg Mott @robotgreg
Peter Blakemore @Moonraker
Nathan Garwood @NateG119
Wayne Johns @Wayne J
Andy Brock @Andy B
Gene Aw @Genotime
William Jarvis @nottud
Dan Pocklington
Rich Mallet @RuyLopez
Luke Grayson @GezTheHealer
Jack Burden @NewForestPinballJr ?
Graham Swaffield
Keith Burden @new forest pinball
Paul Owen @Paul R Owen
David Tucker @Tucks
Pete Bennet
Owen Lloyd
Dave Fowler @BIGDAVE ?

There are few names on here I don't know your tags for, so could people please contact me, or someone else let them know - I'll try and reach out via other means as well.

I will need to know whether you can attend or not by Friday 19th January to give time to the reserves who could take the vacant place, so please don't delay in getting in touch.

The reserve list is:

Conrad Chambers @C&C
Clive Bush @Clive ? (@Diane B )
Dan Williams @Diw
Dan Prachar
Tim Thornton @yellowreggae
David Bowery @David_Vi
Kevin Donovan @kevlar
Dan Lewell @DanLewell
Brad Atwood @Itch
David Dutton @DAD

Don't forget that there are also 2 other competitions running over the weekend at PBR, if there are any vacancies in the UKCS finals these will be filled by the highest qualifier present - so it's definitely worth coming anyway.

I should know the allocations of the money from the IFPA in the next week or so, and will update accordingly.

At stake on the day will be the chance to nominate which charity the prize money will go to (decided by the winner on the day) PLUS a spot in the World Championships to be held in California (The winner on the day or 2nd place if @PUP wins on the day as he has already qualified through the country ranking).

Pete Bennett @PAZ

I'll be at Pinball Republic on the 27th Jan.

On a side note - congratulations to @robotgreg who attended every event on the circuit - a nice £250 prize to start the year off from the Domino Organisation :)
Wow, huge credit and thanks to Neil. Have just received £250 in my paypal account!

Was not expecting anything, and thought it was just a throw away comment so extremely chuffed and grateful to receive this.

Wayne, just to let you know with nan circumstances sadly I wont be able make this, I will definitely be accepting my IFPA country spot for the summer though. Good luck all, sure it will be an epic weekend 😎

Hi Wayne, unfortunately won't be able to make the UKCS finals, all the best to the finalists, sure to be great fun.

Cheers, Craig

Wow, huge credit and thanks to Neil. Have just received £250 in my paypal account!

Was not expecting anything, and thought it was just a throw away comment so extremely chuffed and grateful to receive this.
Well done Greg! Very well deserved acknowledgement of your commitment to attending pinball events! - especially when you have such a long journey for most of these and drive there and home all in one day.

1704202960629.png

Above is the breakdown of how the monies collected by the IFPA are distributed for all non-US countries.

This means that the winner on the day will be choosing which charity will be receiving £649, and PBR will be receiving £1,623 to go towards hosting and running costs of the club.

Back
Top Bottom