What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Group Pinball Hall of Fame - Nominations Reminder

PinballNews

Registered
Alias
Martin Ayub
H all.

Just a reminder on behalf of the committee that we are still looking for nominations for this year's inductions into the UK Pinball Group Pinball Hall of Fame.

As usual, the inductions will be announced and presentations made at UK Pinfest in August.

While you can make suggestions at any time, we'd like to close nominations for this year's inductees at the end of April to allow time for discussion, voting and awards to be produced.

You can nominate someone through the Hall of Fame website, by posting here, or in person with any of the committee members. If you can provide a reason for the nomination that would be helpful too.

Thanks from the whole committee, and we're all looking forward to officially recognising some of the amazing work being done within the UK pinball community this August.

@Lecari claire lickman, and @David_Vi david Bowery
For being instrumental in the rising competitive scene in east anglia, something that was non existent 3 years ago. Running comps at pinhaus, the pinball office, and this year the start of the east anglian league. They live and breathe pinball, and their passion is infectious.

I'd like to nominate: -

Neil McRae - For making the UK Open what it is today. A tournament which attracts competitors from around the world. As much as it pains me but credit where credit is due :rofl:

Ailsa Clunie - For championing the women's and kids game. Making the hobby inclusive and diverse. And also for her work in the Scottish pinball scene.

Last edited:
I'll fourth @Lecari & @David_Vi
There wouldn't be an East Anglian pinball scene without these guys, they put in a tremendous amount of work up front and behind the scenes and have given us Anglians a thriving community of pinball to be proud of 👏
Couldn't say no more than that mate they are absolute awesome

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming, or let your nearest committee member know at an upcoming league meet.

For me even though I have never met the man it’s @Happypin Alan Adair, he is an inspiration!
The quality of his restorations and hospitality with his limited time is unreal, time is precious in his situation.
Having had a 50/50 cancer diagnosis myself and luckily ‘won’ he puts me to shame with his energy and enthusiasm.

Lots of worthy people, so much good in the UK pinball scene at the moment.

I'll vote for Neil, he quite literally has changed the landscape of competitive pinball in the UK and Europe.

I'd also like to vote for Greg who has been the biggest driving force in the UK League since inception imo, his involvement in the startup of the UKCS and just all round competitive pinball stalwart.

Peter and also Claire and David also deserve to be there too, but don't want too many votes

Kirk from Tilt
Dave from Retroids

Both have been responsible for starting off many into the hobby.

Thanks mate, means a lot

Sadly I will be overlook cause I don't tickle enough b0ll0cks in social circles in the community and I'm fine by that... I know what I did for the UK scene without the need for an award, and you should do what you love cause you love it and not to be recognised

My vote would be for Neil he single handedly put UK on World Tournament Stage and what he does for Charity also

I would like to nominate Phil Murphy for 10 years of putting on tne show NERG which has raisied money for charity and brings a pinball show to the north east of England . Also in resurrecting the annual festival at Daventry in August . This brings tournaments but more importantly ( for me ) a celebration of things pinball for those that just want to have fun with pinballs . These shows have been a great financial risk for Phil .
I would also like to nominate Peter Blackmore . He has been in the hobby for such a long time and continues to hold and organise competitions while also supporting other comps by bringing pins

Crazy there's no Phil Murphy or Pete Blakemore in it yet.
I really appreciate the nominations however there's so many others who have been around much longer doing the same we have done and haven't had the recognition via the HoF. 😄

Got to second that. Have nominated Peter for a number of years now.

I would have posted a lot more information on my first message but Keith’s message appeared in the middle of the football. (I'm still raging about the outcome but have calmed down a bit now).

I wish I'd kept notes of what I had written in the past the number of times that I've nominated Peter.

So again, here's a list of why I think he should be included:

- Setting up the very first pinball club in the UK which is also the longest standing one. Peter has personally financially supported this over the years especially at times where weekly visitor numbers were five or less. It's also the only club in the whole of the Southwest so it's a vital resource for this area.

- Running the festive pinball gathering, which again is one of the longest standing.UK Pinball competitions.

- Stepping in to take over the running of the UK. Open for a number of years.

- Supplying a large number of machines over a number of years to UK pinball events.

- Running numerous competitions at Special when lit over the years including the first Club league.

- Carrying the flag for UK.Pinball at both the World Championships and multiple European competitions, having attended more of both than any other UK player.

All of those nominated so far would be very worthy winners, and it's a shame that they can't all be included. However, I think it's long overdue that Peter's huge contribution to the UK pinball scene should be recognised.

Some good nominations here. Big Phil definitely deserves to be on that list, for all the reasons Ailsa said already. Also Peter who has done, and continues to do an enormous amount as an ambassador too and should be on the list.

I appreciate the nods but I still class myself as a newbie in this hobby. Only ten years under my belt. Quite a few long timers need to be recognised before me.

I appreciate the nods but I still class myself as a newbie in this hobby. Only ten years under my belt. Quite a few long timers need to be recognised before me.
No no Phil, as you said when voting for Neil, credit where credit is due. Of course you should be in there. You both should absolutely be.

I'd like to vote for Neil and Phil please

I just wanted to point out and iterate the original post, that the committee is looking for nominations, rather than votes.

The committee votes for those people to be inducted, from the complete list of nominations - whether they're nominated by 100 people or a single person.

So from this thread, as well as other avenues I know of

Alan Adair,
Ailsa Clunie,
Claire Lickman,
Dave from Retroids,
David Bowery,
Greg Mott,
Kirk Sadler,
Neil Mcrae,
Peter Blakemore &
Phil Murphy.

I can think of a number of people that are very deserving such as David and Claire for all they do for East Anglia, encouraging players of all levels to play, running comps and holding fun, social events.

Greg Mott for living for competitive play, travelling vast distances to compete, and has helped me improve massively by attempting to get anywhere near his level.

Kirk at Tilt and Peter at SWL, for providing excellent facilities to play pinball in the UK, and being fantastic competitors.

However I will place two nominations for this year, and they are for Phil Murphy and Neil McRae. Phil organising NERG and Pinfest at great financial risk, working incredibly hard at every event, yet still being available to chat pinball. Both events are very different but both very special.

Neil has created something very impressive with the UK Open. The last two years have been incredible, especially seeing players such as Elwin, Escher, RayDay, Viggo etc travelling to attend. It's a massive competition and I feel lucky that we have it. Also Neil's competitions at Domino are always fun, superbly organised, and take place on stunning machines.

I just wanted to point out and iterate the original post, that the committee is looking for nominations, rather than votes.

The committee votes for those people to be inducted, from the complete list of nominations - whether they're nominated by 100 people or a single person.

So from this thread, as well as other avenues I know of

Alan Adair,
Ailsa Clunie,
Claire Lickman,
Dave from Retroids,
David Bowery,
Greg Mott,
Kirk Sadler,
Neil Mcrae,
Peter Blakemore &
Phil Murphy.
Indeed Wayne - I am passing this to other pinballers who are not in the forum but attend pinfest etc 👍

I am really touched that David and I have been mentioned here. I don't really know what to say. It's really kind of so many people to think of us! I don't feel that we deserve it, having only been in the scene for 3 years or so. It'd be a shame to peak this early! For me, it's enough that people enjoy the events we host and want to keep coming back.

I'm shocked that Peter, Ailsa, Big Phil and others aren't already in it - all three have done, and continue to do!, so much for the community. They are my nominations for sure!

All great nominations, glad to see Peter Blakemore on there given he:

- Founded the first (& Greatest 😜 ) UK Pinball Club - Special When Lit! (Trailblazer)
- Is a feared man in Europe (watch for his Cameo at the end of 'Road to Pinball' feature film)
- I've never known him not in the top 10 (probably top 5) in the UK on IFPA.. (dedication!)

Good luck @Moonraker !

Back
Top Bottom