What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Group Pinball Hall of Fame - Nominations Reminder

This isn't the widely used definition of cancel culture.
Shunning and ostracising are a natural part of what society does when you are found guilty and put in prison for child abuse.

We are not advocating boycotting or trying to shame him, or even remove him from history, but why do we continue to need to honor him.
From what I can see, his victim(s) are watching, why don't we honor them?

I made a joke and this thread took a turn for the worst.

I'm off to listen to some Michael Jackson.

Followed up by some Lost Prophets?

Its really annoying when a band who's released some music you like has to be shunned due to the actions of one member.

Another vote for Phil for being the glue that brings all pinheads together ever year at Pinfest which gets better and better every single year.

A secondary vote for Neil too, what he has done for pinball in this country is nothing short of incredible. It blows my mind every year that people travel from literally around the world to visit little ol' Croydon to press some buttons. He runs immaculate competitions and only wants what's best for UK pinball and won't stop until it's where it needs to be 👍

I would like to nominate Ailsa Clunie. She is the reason there is a thriving Scottish Pinball community. Always friendly and welcoming to new faces. Endlessly enthusiastic and full of fun.

Also is bringing on the ladies membership and the children’s competition at Pinfest.

I know she does lots of other pinball related stuff, NERG helping, introducing people to Scottish sweet treats and more

Those that have known her longer will know the full extent of her involvement.

So that’s a nomination for the Scottish Lady of Pinball

M

I would like to nominate Ailsa Clunie. She is the reason there is a thriving Scottish Pinball community. Always friendly and welcoming to new faces. Endlessly enthusiastic and full of fun.

Also is bringing on the ladies membership and the children’s competition at Pinfest.

I know she does lots of other pinball related stuff, NERG helping, introducing people to Scottish sweet treats and more

Those that have known her longer will know the full extent of her involvement.

So that’s a nomination for the Scottish Lady of Pinball

M
Plus 1 for Ailsa. Without her, the Scottish pinball league wouldn’t exist. Ailsa and Colin do so much for the UK pinball scene and regularly bring their machines to pinfest and other events, even though its more expensive than anywhere else to drive from (especially with dodgy clutches in broken down hire vans).

Ailsa is one of the nicest people any of us could meet, so yeah, my vote goes for Ailsa for Scottish Lady of Pinball.

Back
Top Bottom