What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunderbirds are Go

To clarify on the Thunderbirds artwork. ITV had NOTHING! Ziltch - we had it all drawn, every piece of it. The show is over 50 years old and anything that ITV had simply wasn't usable. We wanted "bright colours, cheery appearance and an overall family appeal". I think we achieved that. ITV had very strict guidelines on what they would, and would NOT accept. Neil doesn't like how it turned out, that's fine. I look forward to seeing his efforts when he makes a machine.

So you had artwork done that looks nothing like how the characters ever looked?! I think I’m more upset at ITV studios, clearly they had Stevie Wonder helping out the week the art was submitted.

Just one thing though - I’m not in the pinball making business - I’m in the pinball +buying+ business, in the olden days we called those folks “potential customers” and we took their feedback and did something with it so that those customers spent money and became “paying customers”.

Now we just say f**k you, if you don’t like it build your own game and we have “disappointed customers” (Rudi/Chris/Pete - I realise that disappointed is a big word for you guys as it has more than one syllable - if you call 1-800 GIVE2F**KS they will send someone round to with crayons to explain).

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So you had artwork done that looks nothing like how the characters ever looked?! I think I’m more upset at ITV studios, clearly they had Stevie Wonder helping out the week the art was submitted.

Just one thing though - I’m not in the pinball making business - I’m in the pinball +buying+ business, in the olden days we called those folks “potential customers” and we took their feedback and did something with it so that those customers spent money and became “paying customers”.

Now we just say f**k you, if you don’t like it build your own game and we have “disappointed customers” (Rudi/Chris/Pete - I realise that disappointed is a big word for you guys as it has more than one syllable - if you call 1-800 GIVE2F**KS they will send someone round to with crayons to explain).

Cheers
Neil.

Once again making yourself look even more of a cock

Cheers
Neil.

Don't take me the wrong way - I'm not saying F you or anything like that at all. I was explaining, in a very abbreviated fashion, that what you see as finished art is very often NOT what the company using it wanted - it's what we HAVE to use. You seem to be the one getting your nose out of joint.

All I see is you hanging s-h-i-t on our efforts and whimpering about "how rubbish it is" when we have done our level best to make something that kept all stakeholders happy. It isn't down to Homepin how it turned out just the same as those bleating on Pinside are not happy about The Beatles. I can only imagine the headaches the people at Stern had getting this machine to a finished item......

I get it you're not happy about the art and that you are not interested in owning a TAG. What gets up my nose is that you seem to take every opportunity to be negative about the product - every single time you can. Forget how well it is built, the extras we include that others don't, the printed full colour manual etc etc.

I also have a great deal more at stake than you do (obviously) having input several million dollars and four solid years of my life with ups and downs that you well know about. I don't take your type of negativity towards my efforts kindly. It just isn't constructive criticism, which I ALWAYS welcome. That's probably why I'm a lot more defensive than I ought to be. It just isn't possible for me to step back from this project.

As it happens we have more customers for TAG than we are able to build machines for at the moment so that's positive. We are already running 6 days a week with some overtime and are about to employ two extra staff. Working on two new machines will provide some overlap for when TAG sales slow down. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep because you don't want to buy one so that's all good, no need to apologise for that.

Mike
I actually applaud your approach and you’ve achieved a huge amount in one of the most challenging businesses in my business I can’t afford to be so complacent - it’s just disappointing to see something of value from my own childhood not being appropriately looked after - good luck with Thunderbirds.

I’ll leave this thread before the Neil McRae fan club have had their Farley’s rusks, nappy change and morning burp and start posting the same old ****e -and leave you with some pictures I have in my office, maybe you’ll make my day and do a special edition with this type of artwork:

1b4d47344ca9eb9e3e2ae4ab8f5d9016.jpg

8b1fb57d2d7f16026131c7d236b3b0c8.jpg

244cac906c0a276e71cf084d9a81d388.jpg

FAB!

Cheers,
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom