What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunderbirds are Go

Great vid and liking the long skids on the bottom of the cabinet. Was wondering do the Chinese have any interest in pinball?

Great vid and liking the long skids on the bottom of the cabinet. Was wondering do the Chinese have any interest in pinball?

Thanks for the comment. The skids are held in place with three screws and we DON'T glue them in place. They are 2 x 1 pine and designed to be 'sacrificial' and easily replaced if damaged.

The Chinese we have shown the machine to, and the bars we have sited TAG prototypes nearby, all show a great deal of interest in pinball - they have never seen pinball so are very intrigued. I will speak a little about this at Daventry.

My brother's interested in buying and siting one in Taiwan (where he lives).

Will have to chat to you Mike, as if he can buy/ship direct from your factory, that would be perfect

The bloke with the box of connectors really ddint want anyone touching them :rofl: (at 1:17)

Good to see this really taking shape now :thumbs:

Ha,didn't notice the connector message till I replayed it.Wonder if Mike will now edit the video?

I think Thunderbirds looks fantastic, and the little bits of gameplay I've seen look great as well. Much prefer this game to some of the other smaller manufacturers/homebrew games which have come out lately. TB looks slick and professional.

It really peeves me when I read d!ckhead comments on Pinside about the artwork though: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thunderbirds-pinball-art#post-4519907 - unbelievable, the artwork on this game is beautiful.

Isn't that overly opinionated prick NeilMcRae guy on here as well?

Think it looks very good and the artwork goes very well as it is Thunderbirds. Good price, good new ideas on the build. Looking forward to having a play and if good would defo have one. I am 42 and all my friends my age would love the old school vibe and you wouldn’t need to be into pinball to see it and want a go on it. Good luck :thumbs:

As with everything I’ve seen so far that manual looks glossy and very professional. I so want one of these but a roof on the games room will have to come first

A bit of an update.

After showing our prototype machines at Daventry, Pinfest Newcastle in Australia and also Vancouver Flipout we received plenty of feedback.

It seemed the main problem people had was with the plastic center ramp. It caused the ball to fly off the ramp (and sometimes into Tracy Island) and also caused other issues with gameplay.

We revisited it and designed a new ramp from stainless steel and I have to admit, the new ramp changes gameplay dramatically. Replacement ramps will be completed shortly and sent out to fit to all existing machines including prototypes.

(note this proto ramp is just sitting in place - it isn't screwed in nor does it have the ramp optos fitted yet)

new_ramp.jpgmakeramps.jpg

Looks lovely! The Tracy Island ramp looks like it is causing PF damage on the drop. Is that right?

Looks good! its a nice improvement, as the original plastic ramp looked a bit cheap, and the ball would bounce about as it went over it :thumbs:

Nice! Hopefully we can get the updated game in the London EAG show in January.

Ok last time I say this

What about the artwork? We could do with the characters not looking like they’ve spent a week locked in a pie factory :) the DMD artwork is great but the main artwork is very disappointing.

Ok last time I say this

What about the artwork? We could do with the characters not looking like they’ve spent a week locked in a pie factory :) the DMD artwork is great but the main artwork is very disappointing.

Here's a better idea Neil. How about you draw up the new artwork package and submit it to Homepin + the licensor? You'll be happy and then we don't have to keep on reading your garbage posts sh!tting on the artwork anymore.

Here's a better idea Neil. How about you draw up the new artwork package and submit it to Homepin + the licensor? You'll be happy and then we don't have to keep on reading your garbage posts sh!tting on the artwork anymore.

Ok here you go...

ceb92f6c196767a3b2e7724c27fe2b27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with @Neil McRae artwork is a pile of poo... and if you ask @Aksmoe he'll explain why the sounds and call outs are a pile of poo as well!

I was extremely disappointed in this machine, such a shame as it could have been awesome :(

Back
Top Bottom