What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thunderbirds are Go

I think this looks great. Really nice art on it.
My only concern is the modes. It looks like you just need to hit the target, ramp, hood a few times to finish. Hopefully there's more to it though

Build quality is really impressive. Anyone that has bought parts from Homepin over the years knows already that Mike has a reputation for rethinking and redesigning existing parts. This pin exemplifies that.

It has wooden rails on the underside as well as on the usual 'bottom'. A really solid prop bar which give excellent access to the playfield top and bottom. Solid rubber feet. Absolutely LOADS of little diagnostic LEDs scattered around. Just loads of little touches that show a lot of thought has gone into this and really add value to an already really well priced pin.

I only had one ball's worth of play, but from watching others I'd say the default settings make the game play long.. It has a lock shot that releases the ball if your ball in play drains (and then allows you to continue playing with the previously locked ball). That, plus easy extra ball settings all make game times long. Will have to see what others think, but we've already made extra balls a bit harder to obtain, hopefully allowing as many as possible to give this a go over the weekend

@Poibug "Not everything small is Crap".... lol - Quote of the first Vid :D

Great to see all the NLP team there :)

Last edited:
Like the trough assembly, if balls ever damaged the rods,just rotate them,or just buy new rods rather than a new trough,nice design

Attachments

• 20180713_155148.jpg
    20180713_155148.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 60
Love the playfield support
Nice.

I do not like propping up my TZ playfield using the one support rod (?) on the right. The left has no support and a heavy playfield just feels wrong - like something is going to warp or twist. I stopped using it after the first couple of times. This is a much better solution.

The speaker panel that is hinged on one side is a nice touch too.

Incredibly excited by what this company is doing, looks really well built and going to market in the right way and that price point is incredible.

This theme, however, isn't for me. One day, with the right theme, I could get a NIB with this pricing point... Stern just way too expensive.

Good luck to them I say

Great that this prototype machine made it in time for NERG.

Watching the videos I see that there is a problem with a couple of switches being set a little fine. If you look at the DMD you can see The Mole animation and The Hood being 'hit' even though the ball in play is nowhere near these targets.

This explains why the game is giving replays and extra balls too easily.

I think these switches need adjusting.

Please don't wear it out before I get it to ITV :p

All looks excellent. The sounds seem really good too. Especially the countdown.
Did seem to be a few dodgy balls up the center ramp. If you didn't hit it smoothly then would vibrate back down and drain. But I'm sure this is just wee niggles

All looks excellent. The sounds seem really good too. Especially the countdown.
Did seem to be a few dodgy balls up the center ramp. If you didn't hit it smoothly then would vibrate back down and drain. But I'm sure this is just wee niggles

The ramp on that machine is still a proto, the final one is sturdier but it is the same shape just stronger and more transparent (it doesn't wobble as much so the ball is more positive in its action).

We did go to a great deal of effort on the sounds and music so thanks for noticing. The countdown always HAD to be as we have it. That took a little 'coaxing' for approval but worth it I think.

I note in the videos people asking if TAG is stereo. It is actually 2.1 stereo meaning L+R+Sub - the machine has three separate amps and all are adjustable in volume.

Legs seem nice n beefy, love the plastic feet.There are sliders on btpm of cab and on back,nice touch.As is the homepin logo on the leg bolts.THINK it is a play playfields with petty or a lexanon top?Ball behaviour nomal on playfield.Note plastic on Daz pics is temp protector you peel off

Last edited:
Looks really good, that hood bloke on the playfield need bushier eyebrows though, that how I remember him anyhow :)
In fact hood seems to have bushy eyebrows on the DMD :suspect:

Good luck with it, not that you will need much luck by the look of it.. looking forward to playing it at pinfest next month.:thumbs:

Seen a video from yesterday and it was turned off, hopefully it's nothing to serious and is back up and running today.

The whole seakerpanel/ translite is allone piece of plastic nice vibrant colours.
Nice feature in game i9f you lock a ball and subsequently drain it gives you the locked ball so you can keep on playing. To lock it hit right hand ramp area,ramp then motors then hit it again.When ball locks the trees vibrate,cheesy but well good?

Best point I can make after seeing this and the way its made it is definitely a fixable game,thru whole components not surface mount.Will post a vid or two in a few days

Seen a video from yesterday and it was turned off, hopefully it's nothing to serious and is back up and running today.
Yes, it was down briefly yesterday. In attempting to fix the phantom switch hits that Mike noticed we ran into other issues and wanted Mike's advice on how to proceed

Long story short, I continue to be amazed at how well designed the boards are in this pin. Diagnostic LEDs quickly pointed to the issue and although a board repair looked like it might be needed, Mike had a genius suggestion to effectively route around the components with an issue. Back up and running in no time.

The schematics that we saw for the power board are very easy to understand, and will make maintenance simple.

None of this is meant to suggest there are issues with the boards in this prototype. I highly suspect we may have caused one issue trying to fix another.

Yes, it was down briefly yesterday. In attempting to fix the phantom switch hits that Mike noticed we ran into other issues and wanted Mike's advice on how to proceed

Long story short, I continue to be amazed at how well designed the boards are in this pin. Diagnostic LEDs quickly pointed to the issue and although a board repair looked like it might be needed, Mike had a genius suggestion to effectively route around the components with an issue. Back up and running in no time.

The schematics that we saw for the power board are very easy to understand, and will make maintenance simple.

None of this is meant to suggest there are issues with the boards in this prototype. I highly suspect we may have caused one issue trying to fix another.
Glad this is back up and running, disappointed that I can't get down to play it.

I know that this is a prototype and it's come from the other side of the world. I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't have any problems caused by its trip.

It's a new game by a new company using new ideas. I wish them all the best of luck and look forward to seeing there next few pins.

From what I hear so far it all sounds good for Homepin.

I see phil will be selling them but i can't see a price. What is it likely to be?

Incredibly excited by what this company is doing, looks really well built and going to market in the right way and that price point is incredible.

This theme, however, isn't for me. One day, with the right theme, I could get a NIB with this pricing point... Stern just way too expensive.

Good luck to them I say

At this price though you could get one to 'site' and earn some money as Sterns are never ever going to be this price :thumbs:

Had a go on thunderbirds at NERG today and I must say it look amazing in the flesh! The artwork it’s really cool and has an awsome finish on the playfield the art package is kinda cartoonish but it’s leans way into serious pin territory and not just for kids it give it a strong 8 and I might go higher if I could have had more time on it. The shooter rod felt a little Jankie but no more than any pin after 2 days hammer at a show and the buttons could do with a firmer spring behind them to give a little more resistance but only a touch. Really super surprised by the pin if they can make game for 4.5k delivered Gary better get his thinking cap on . Thanks to all at nerg for a great albeit hot and sweaty afternoon of pinball.

Back
Top Bottom