What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL LICENSED 'moans about pricing' thread

It's no different than wanting to know thee mileage of a second hand car??

Would you buy a car not knowing the milage??

If people want to ask that question they are entitled to? they are the potential buyer?

I agree that potential buyers are entitled to ask whatever they’d like, and if I were selling a machine I’d be more than happy to provide any information requested.

However - it isn’t the same as wanting to know the mileage of a second hand car. 1000 games played by a bad player could easily take less time than 100 games played by a good player. If you really wanted an accurate metric the question should be the number of balls played and the average ball time. One multiplied by the other would give you a good idea of total play time on a machine.

Then again this only would work on machines where the play counter hasn’t been reset, and also doesn’t take into account any maintenance. But it would be a better question to ask if you were trying to get a feel for how much the machine has been used.

It's no different than wanting to know thee mileage of a second hand car??

Would you buy a car not knowing the milage??

If people want to ask that question they are entitled to? they are the potential buyer?
As I just posted in the B66 thread, it is very different. A mile is a set distance, a game can differ from a few seconds to a hour depending on skill, the wear is not the same per game. That was what was highlighted when someone asked about the number of games on its own, I fear the rest of the conversation has been forgotton.

Agreed that there are harder miles than others but the distance covered is the same.

I lent my Spider-Man out for a couple of years. It came back with X more plays on it. Can’t say I cared.

Noticeably all the top high scores on it are now attributed to Wayne. I’m willing to bet each of those games were significantly longer than 20 odd of mine 🤣

However - it isn’t the same as wanting to know the mileage of a second hand car. 1000 games played by a bad player could easily take less time than 100 games played by a good player. If you really wanted an accurate metric the question should be the number of balls played and the average ball time. One multiplied by the other would give you a good idea of total play time on a machine.

It was an analogy and I never said it was the best way? Merely pointing out if someone wants to know the number of plays or ball time or whatever, then they have every right to ask.

Last edited:
Nobody was asking number of games played until recently ? 🤷‍♀️ genuinely puzzled why it’s suddenly a thing
Basically one person who is plays obsessed. Same person has messed a few of us around. Why they just don't buy nib if it's such a big issue is a mystery.

Basically one person who is plays obsessed. Same person has messed a few of us around. Why they just don't buy nib if it's such a big issue is a mystery.
Basically that one person you refer to Phil is me correct ?

well for those who don't know let me set the record straight. The few who ive so called messed around id guess is yourself and Courtney love.

So this is my crimes in relation to you @Sven Normansson, im guessing its in regards to me trying to buy your jurassic park premium , you advised you wanted 8k for it and me messing you about was to offer you £7800 if I recollect you then went on to sell it at £8000 .... well thats certainly a shameless act on my behalf.

In regards to Courtney love , I advertised a wanted post for a Beatles pin , Courtney love answered saying she had one, I think she asked for £7500 I agreed and asked when I could get it collected, she advised Wayne J had it and would need to see when I could go and collect it, incorrectly I messaged Wayne direct to see when I could go and collect and as a result Courtney wasn't happy id messaged Wayne direct and as a result backed out of the deal .... which on reflection yes I shouldn't of involved Wayne at all and waited for Courtney.

As far as im aware that covers the "few of us"

Finally as people are no doubt aware me and Wayne J don't get on for several reasons, from my point of view I was selling Godzilla mods and art blades and was accused of profiteering from the community , advertised my Jp pro for trade was again accused of fishing for a sale without advertising it for sale and various other bits and bats.

And in regards to this number of plays nonsense.... as far as I can remember on newer stern games advertised on here and also on pinside people state how many plays a game as had, people use that as an indication of the type of life a pin has had , rightly or wrongly they do .... number of plays as always been a thing and is not down to me .

There seems to be a bully boy school yard mentality on here recently that if you don't agree with someones question or point of view ....a few more experienced members of the pinball scene which includes you @Sven Normansson and @Wayne J seem to come down on people like a ton of bricks and it isn't right

I was asking Wayne genuinely about plays on Godzilla for my mate and that was met with a barrage of ridicule from the same old gang.

In regards to my buying habits I buy both nib and second hand and plays on the newer stuff play a part in my decision making , not so much on a 30 year old game and how I make my decisions is my business only as its my money .... but to be blamed solely for this nonsense over number of plays is ridiculous.

for the most part I get on with a ton of people on this forum and its a great community , my door is always open for people to come play my games. This forum should be a fun informative place not one where people dare not ask questions for fear of a troll attack ....im not saying ive been perfect in the past but im trying to be better and its about time other people were too .

I won't comment again over this matter because quite frankly its getting boring

Cheers Paul

well, if you want names naming, then yes.
You wanted my JP Prem, asked for it cheaper to which I agreed if certain items were taken off (invisiglass, shaker, speakers etc) to which you agreed then wanted more off with the items remaining.
Waynes JP, too many plays, Terry's JP, too many plays. Waynes (in care of) Stranger things, tell him to stop playing it as he'll put plays on it. Waynes GZ same story.
So thats me, Courtney, Tel and Wayne to name a few.

As I've pointed out a game in an arcade receiving no plays but on for 18 hours is more likely to fry the one thing that is an issue, the node boards. I could have it at home and put 100 plays on it and lovingly clean it with Vim and a scouring pad...
You'd honestly be better asking for the on time (in the audits) and if the end stops on the flippers have been replaced (along with the uisual any broken plasics etc which is a fair question)
As I say, given your obsession with only one aspect, the number of plays, why not buy new?

Basically that one person you refer to Phil is me correct ?

well for those who don't know let me set the record straight. The few who ive so called messed around id guess is yourself and Courtney love.

So this is my crimes in relation to you @Sven Normansson, im guessing its in regards to me trying to buy your jurassic park premium , you advised you wanted 8k for it and me messing you about was to offer you £7800 if I recollect you then went on to sell it at £8000 .... well thats certainly a shameless act on my behalf.

In regards to Courtney love , I advertised a wanted post for a Beatles pin , Courtney love answered saying she had one, I think she asked for £7500 I agreed and asked when I could get it collected, she advised Wayne J had it and would need to see when I could go and collect it, incorrectly I messaged Wayne direct to see when I could go and collect and as a result Courtney wasn't happy id messaged Wayne direct and as a result backed out of the deal .... which on reflection yes I shouldn't of involved Wayne at all and waited for Courtney.

As far as im aware that covers the "few of us"

Finally as people are no doubt aware me and Wayne J don't get on for several reasons, from my point of view I was selling Godzilla mods and art blades and was accused of profiteering from the community , advertised my Jp pro for trade was again accused of fishing for a sale without advertising it for sale and various other bits and bats.

And in regards to this number of plays nonsense.... as far as I can remember on newer stern games advertised on here and also on pinside people state how many plays a game as had, people use that as an indication of the type of life a pin has had , rightly or wrongly they do .... number of plays as always been a thing and is not down to me .

There seems to be a bully boy school yard mentality on here recently that if you don't agree with someones question or point of view ....a few more experienced members of the pinball scene which includes you @Sven Normansson and @Wayne J seem to come down on people like a ton of bricks and it isn't right

I was asking Wayne genuinely about plays on Godzilla for my mate and that was met with a barrage of ridicule from the same old gang.

In regards to my buying habits I buy both nib and second hand and plays on the newer stuff play a part in my decision making , not so much on a 30 year old game and how I make my decisions is my business only as its my money .... but to be blamed solely for this nonsense over number of plays is ridiculous.

for the most part I get on with a ton of people on this forum and its a great community , my door is always open for people to come play my games. This forum should be a fun informative place not one where people dare not ask questions for fear of a troll attack ....im not saying ive been perfect in the past but im trying to be better and its about time other people were too .

I won't comment again over this matter because quite frankly its getting boring

Cheers Paul
Allow me to retort.

You're missing my JP2, followed by trying to play Phil and I off each other - clearly not knowing that we know each other and meet regularly. There is another person you tried the same game with a JP2 as well, again someone we know in real life.
There are 2 other people who have also commented on your buying practices, but I'll allow them to speak for themselves, if they choose, as they have asked for a quiet life.

Add that in to the way you have shoe-horned your way in to other peoples sales where you are neither the buyer, seller or keeper - and it's clear you like to stick your nose in where it isn't invited, nor belongs.

And rightly so, I’ve seen machines that’s been looked after with no damage and others that have been dragged over a car park and totally wrecked.
Sterns suffer more with not having skids fitted.
Agreed! Restoring the cabinet rear is a total PITA too (especially on Stern's which have the warning information). If people could spend five seconds putting the cab down on a towel or square of styrofoam it would go a long way to ensuring these games don't end up looking like this:

PXL_20230415_141159187.jpg

Allow me to retort.

You're missing my JP2, followed by trying to play Phil and I off each other - clearly not knowing that we know each other and meet regularly. There is another person you tried the same game with a JP2 as well, again someone we know in real life.
There are 2 other people who have also commented on your buying practices, but I'll allow them to speak for themselves, if they choose, as they have asked for a quiet life.

Add that in to the way you have shoe-horned your way in to other peoples sales where you are neither the buyer, seller or keeper - and it's clear you like to stick your nose in where it isn't invited, nor belongs.
Your one to talk Wayne , you’ve a comment for everything , the amount of people that can’t stick you is unreal …let’s leave it eh ? You go get on with making ball and bolt holders and il crack on we my life your not worth my time

well, if you want names naming, then yes.
You wanted my JP Prem, asked for it cheaper to which I agreed if certain items were taken off (invisiglass, shaker, speakers etc) to which you agreed then wanted more off with the items remaining.
Waynes JP, too many plays, Terry's JP, too many plays. Waynes (in care of) Stranger things, tell him to stop playing it as he'll put plays on it. Waynes GZ same story.
So thats me, Courtney, Tel and Wayne to name a few.

As I've pointed out a game in an arcade receiving no plays but on for 18 hours is more likely to fry the one thing that is an issue, the node boards. I could have it at home and put 100 plays on it and lovingly clean it with Vim and a scouring pad...
You'd honestly be better asking for the on time (in the audits) and if the end stops on the flippers have been replaced (along with the uisual any broken plasics etc which is a fair question)
As I say, given your obsession with only one aspect, the number of plays, why not buy new?
You say “obsession” like I’ve some sort of mental disorder 😂 , I prefer low play games of buying second hand that’s just what I like

As in regards to your jp premium I’m sorry if the negotiation over that caused such a mark on you that you permanently etched me with the title messer , it was a deal that we just couldn’t hit I didn’t mean it to cause offence .

Paul

Back on track. Pinball prices are too high, moan moan moan.

I might just sort that with a couple of cheapies soon..............................
Well I didn't just go on pinball owners, to check which Pins are on your maybe list... Honestly 😉

If the gap between nib and used continues to increase I could see rentals becoming even more popular if recent titles are quickly available. Renter knows exactly how much a game will cost them over x months and don’t have to worry about not being able to move it on, can just try a game for a few months and then return it. Anything major goes wrong it’s not your issue/ cost. People may be less picky about condition as long as everything is working as you don’t have to worry about resale value. Wouldn’t need £8000+ saved up to get a machine in your house. Transport arranging/ added cost might be an issue though.

I guess it’s just whether it’s a good enough profit for someone to start doing as a business or whether it’s not worth the hassle.

The pictures of the back of the cabinet has become a big thing now.
I'll take pics of anything. Usually back of cab plays in my favour as if my game is seen sited but has been in my arcade since unboxing back will be untouched

But surely condition of playfield cabinet under playfield and inside backbox should be a priority

A good tip is a picture of the metalwork under the lockdown bar as an indicator of corrosion.

Easier to spot there than anywhere else

OK folks. Time for me to referee. Lets see if we can all step away from the keyboards and not keep responding with more jabs. Otherwise, we will lock it and put the thread in the cooler for a bit.
Leave them to it Geoff, it’s the best banter for a long time.
Plus it’s all educational to any newbies.
Seconds out Round 5.

Back
Top Bottom