What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you were 8n the room but if not I expect the creech should polish up well. Playfield was good and I was amazed at how little wear there was around the flipper buttons. Could have been redecalled at some point but looked pretty stock to me. Boards were all there and no battery damage as batteries had been removed. Lots of dirt though.
Thanks for that - No, I was bidding online and taking a bit of a punt but I did ask them to fire it up yesterday and let me know if the boards were there. Good to know that there's no battery damage though . Expecting to take it apart and do a proper shop / clean and perhaps add some mods.

In the meantime I need to ;
A) Tell Mrs Ped
B) Find space for it. BSD may need to be tombstoned for a while as I only really have room for one

Tz was good. The playfield was good and will polish up well. Boards all there and looked in good order. Worst issue was some cabinet fade.

They all looked to have been owned by a collector that knew what he was doing and how to look after them. There was a noticeable absence of the usual operator hacks you find on operated machines. The fact the batteries were all removed pre storage says lots.

And tell Mrs Ped you got a bargain and don't you know the only rule of pinball club? There is always room for one more pinball. :)

Reactions: Ped
Congratulations @Asiapinball ! Good to know the parts were with it, shame the description didn't make this clear... Not that I could afford it 😆

Thanks David. Looking forward to getting this back together. I just unpacked the mm box and seems like everything is there and about half of it has already been cleaned and polished ready for reassembly. Dragons going to need new wings though. A good day. Time for a celebratory beer. I will start a shop log thread soon. Probably over Christmas as I'm very busy beforehand and need to get Diner finished off.
Paul

Attachments

• 1670442123519184034646647348379.jpg
    1670442123519184034646647348379.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 16704421527751788641952883869996.jpg
    16704421527751788641952883869996.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 60
Thanks David. Looking forward to getting this back together. I just unpacked the mm box and seems like everything is there and about half of it has already been cleaned and polished ready for reassembly. Dragons going to need new wings though. A good day. Time for a celebratory beer. I will start a shop log thread soon. Probably over Christmas as I'm very busy beforehand and need to get Diner finished off.
Paul
Very nice work. Fortune favours the brave (and those that go to the auction face to face and mitigate the risks). 👍😜

Auctioneer told me it was subject of a divorce sale. Judge had ordered them to be sold and proceeds split. Dont fall out with your better halves all :)

Or if you do get ‘good valuations’ from well respected dealers (cheers Phil) and get a good barrister and then all’s good 😉

Came across these last night on fb, got a reply on the TAF and it was pending straight away, profile picture was just black so not sure if legit?

But Jurassic park is still there both looked great condition 😎

Attachments

• 22CE7BDA-E424-44A9-BE7A-B1E3E7107D82.png
    22CE7BDA-E424-44A9-BE7A-B1E3E7107D82.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 71
  • CCBCF5D4-5EF7-4A23-9F62-6C5841EA01E8.png
    CCBCF5D4-5EF7-4A23-9F62-6C5841EA01E8.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 72
Family guy now also listed by same guy…I might be wrong but be aware, as not long ago I’ve seen someone on fb page got scammed for a deposit 😮

Attachments

• 1E0124B2-0685-41DF-AFFB-4E8178F949D1.png
    1E0124B2-0685-41DF-AFFB-4E8178F949D1.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 32
The Addams seller was legit.
The other 2 are there and meant to be in better condition than the AF. I didn't stick around to look at them as have a 220 mile drive home 😬.
I do have pictures of the FG he sent me and he said he wants 4.8k for it.

20221209_133622.jpg

you got that for 5k?!

Nice
Yep. I spotted it on ebay at BIN £5k or best offer and didnt hesitate.

I had to take the day off work and will pay for it with my marriage like.

It has LEDS and has been redecalled at some point. Some small wear at the top of the playfield. Think it was a games room company machine

Yep. I spotted it on ebay at BIN £5k or best offer and didnt hesitate.

I had to take the day off work and will pay for it with my marriage like.

It has LEDS and has been redecalled at some point. Some small wear at the top of the playfield. Think it was a games room company machine
Man that's a steal. Well done.

Taf what a winner for 5k well done!!! But fg for 4.8k and Jp for 5k far to much for machines what have a crap adds think they will be up for sale for a while

Oh great it turned out the genuine bargain for 5k, he did just list south-park for £5k on eBay as well.

The blacked out Facebook display picture had me wondering, 🙌

Last edited:
I think most of the time prices are on previously sold games, either on the forum, eBay or FB and judging by the 4 TAF that I know have sold recently, I’d say this was a good deal compared to them 👍🏻

Agree with the above. Bargain gets thrown about quite a lot and fuels inflated prices.
I think the TAF was a good deal, and many others would have jumped on it at that price.
Quick thinking paid off so massive congrats especially if it’s a pin he’s been after 👏👍

The seller said he was selling them for someone and knows nothing about them so guessing hes just priced them at the same not knowing some are more desired than others. I think it was a decent price considering I lost a days work, £100 in fuel and 9 hours sat driving. Plus it has a few smalls issues but nothing drastic and no leakage etc.

massive congrats especially if it’s a pin he’s been after
Thanks. I was recently thinking I would like own one but felt they were slightly overvalued so guess the stars aligned 🤣

Some pics from the listing

IMG-20221208-WA0088.jpg

IMG-20221208-WA0089.jpg
IMG-20221208-WA0090.jpg
IMG-20221208-WA0086.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom