What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Any ideas what a decapitated fathom pf is worth ?
IMG_20180303_1041515.jpg

IMG_20180303_1042593.jpg

If anybody (like me) was wondering why that Ship-Mates doesn't have 1000s digits, it actually has a translucent "1," light at that position so can score to 1999 - neat and saved a little used thousands score unit I guess:thumbs:

upload_2018-3-3_10-53-34.png

like @DRD says, wood rail games hardly ever come up for sale in this country so it is very difficult to put a value on Sea Belles - it looks in lovely condition but the market of buyers is very limited.
As a pure guess I would say find the right buyer who really wants mainly to look at it and you could get £1k - £2k but most people wouldn't want to pay more than £500 to £700 for it as an "oddity" in their collection.

The Ship Mates looks nice too although desirability of the clunky multi-player games of the era is lower than the single player games (esp wedgeheads).
I would estimate you might get £500 - £800 for it.
I'd be willing to pay £400 for my own collection if it didn't sell elsewhere.

Ebay prices for games vary enormously, with often not very obvious reasons.
If you are located in the South East the chances are the bids will be higher since there are more (and more wealthy) people concentrated there

It pains me to say it but you will probably get more money for them by exporting them - if you want to go down that route try putting them on pinballowners.com as "for sale" and seeing if anyone makes an offer.
No-one there is looking for those particular titles at the moment but you never know.

You could try the Pinball Parlour in Ramsgate and see if they are interested: https://www.facebook.com/thepinballparlour/
Also if pinball creative in London http://www.pinballcreative.co.uk/ think they can make a turn on these games they might be able to make you a reasonable offer

Hope that helps - don't treat any of it as definitive, just my thoughts!

@16BitBench I don't know how much they're worth but I might be interested in the Sea Belles at around the £500 mark if that's where you land on a price. It's hard to tell from the pics but are there loads of touch ups on the backglass?

Come on forum guys - what value would you put on each of those please? I'm becoming a BIG EM fan.
I can say what woodrails sell for in USA. There are hardly any here so no market so to speak.

Sea- Belles is a multiplayer and these always sell for less than the single players.

Williams woodrails sell at half the price or less than the Gottliebs.

The golden age of Gottlieb woodrails was 1950 - 1955.

Top selling games like Mermaid and Glamor go for $15000 plus.

Original condition does matter for these games and generally they sell for more.

Very nice original condition for this era average from $1500 - 5000.

Projects, non working can be $200 -500.

Sea-Belles would sell higher here than USA as they have all the cherry titles, so here it is super rare.

Condition is key but £750 - £1500?

I had never ever played a woodrail but just got the itch to buy a few as the rulesets are deeper than games that followed. And they are like mini time machines in a way.

Hi. Quick Question to all. I haven't got any photos just yet (asking for a friend) but he is interested in the value of his Twilight Zone pin. He has had it the better part of 18 years, indoors and he is a hobbyist so it has been well kept. It is in full working order with mild wear (again, pics will help clear this up). We believe it would be well worth an 'MOT' to get it up to the best possible standard.

General views on the price of a TZ, possibly with some ball park depending on condition will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Justin

Average working game 4k

Nice example, been work shopped 4.5k

Minter 5.5k

Sweet. That is almost exactly what I was expecting someone to say (he says with genuine confidence and not just telling porkies!) :)

TZ is a big heavy game .a lot in it to go wrong .

The clock is a nightmare . The autoshooter is very fussy .

If the game is tired and unloved, you could be taking on a lot of work .

Hi,

Thanks for the replys to my Sea-Belles and Ship-Mates tables, after talking to the owner we are going to try for £1500 on the Sea-Belles and hold off Ship-Mates, I understand that's outside of what some of you have offered but this table has no sale history in the UK or US that I can find and had a small run of about 300.

Thanks,

Crikey £1.5k on an EM....

Even Dylan would say that the times are a changin' for that.

Sign man only takes cash and carry. No couriers no PayPal. Sort of limits your market when arcade signage is desirable but not so much in Scotland

Hi,

Thanks for the replys to my Sea-Belles and Ship-Mates tables, after talking to the owner we are going to try for £1500 on the Sea-Belles and hold off Ship-Mates, I understand that's outside of what some of you have offered but this table has no sale history in the UK or US that I can find and had a small run of about 300.

Thanks,
Might do better on that 4 Rooms program ,where them 4 dealer pay silly numbers on rare items :thumbs:

You may be under selling it ......or not ,time will tell ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DRD
Well, a few years ago an EM sold for £15000 in London so £1.5 is no big shakes at all;)

https://www.christies.com/lotfinder...8471&sid=a76999ba-0740-41d8-9c48-804e976a8a76

Hah, yeah dont think that's on the cards, you guys know how this has to work, It's a difficult one to appraise so I'm starting with a price, I'll list it in several places (waiting on a good clean photo of the glass first) and see what the interest is. If I started low iId be stuck low and the owner wouldn't sell it low anyway, so we start high and see where we go.

Hah, yeah dont think that's on the cards, you guys know how this has to work, It's a difficult one to appraise so I'm starting with a price, I'll list it in several places (waiting on a good clean photo of the glass first) and see what the interest is. If I started low iId be stuck low and the owner wouldn't sell it low anyway, so we start high and see where we go.
Let us know how it goes, then next time someone asks the question we can give an answer backed up by evidence [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom