What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Speculative enquiry, but how much is an original working CFTBL hologram with an apparently slightly dim bulb worth? And is it a big problem if the pin no longer comes with it?

We’ve taken off the hologram to replace with an LCD screen, and it’s now going to be cluttering up the cellar indefinitely on the off chance that we sell the pin, and the buyer desperately wants this piece of original 80s nostalgia (rather than a decent playfield-mounted LCD screen communicating game information)! 😈 I’d prefer to sell it to get the cash (I suspect it’s worth £200-£350), but don’t know how much of a big mistake this would be.

All opinions welcome on the merits of selling the hologram assembly, and the suggested price.

C6BDE76E-0FA7-441E-B5F6-3CB5C7DF54CB.jpeg

Speculative enquiry, but how much is an original working CFTBL hologram with an apparently slightly dim bulb worth? And is it a big problem if the pin no longer comes with it?

We’ve taken off the hologram to replace with an LCD screen, and it’s now going to be cluttering up the cellar indefinitely on the off chance that we sell the pin, and the buyer desperately wants this piece of original 80s nostalgia (rather than a decent playfield-mounted LCD screen communicating game information)! 😈 I’d prefer to sell it to get the cash (I suspect it’s worth £200-£350), but don’t know how much of a big mistake this would be.

All opinions welcome on the merits of selling the hologram assembly, and the suggested price.

View attachment 227010
Keep it with the game, inside the coin door or underneath it. The game will be much more sellable with original hologram than with LCD screen.

Agreed but it’s cftbl so what could you possibly want to sell/swap it for ?

you already have the best game 🤙
I don’t know TBH 🤣 I kept the original Fish Tales translite for two years until I realised I was leaving inside the cab (as @David_Vi would say).

It’s just everyone keeps telling me all pins leave eventually so I assume I’ll eventually swap it for a 2025 Elwin Zelda (or something), which has a single ramp, one flipper, two hundred unlockable wizard modes and is available for *only* $300,000 🤣

Last edited:
What would a whodunnit be worth at the moment? thanks in advance
There was one up for £3600 in January that had a Colour DMD to give a ballpark figure.

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying my first pin and trying to have a better understanding of prices.

Is there a guide on pricing?, I've looked at Pinside where they have Price history of adverts on the site per table. How do US prices compare to UK prices?

If you do a general google search prices advertised are often way higher than then price history on Pinside, but advertised prices vs price paid may be a lot different.

Anyway In particular, I'm looking at a Data East Star Trek 25th, it's in good condition and has been regularly serviced and is fully working. What price range should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying my first pin and trying to have a better understanding of prices.

Is there a guide on pricing?, I've looked at Pinside where they have Price history of adverts on the site per table. How do US prices compare to UK prices?

If you do a general google search prices advertised are often way higher than then price history on Pinside, but advertised prices vs price paid may be a lot different.

Anyway In particular, I'm looking at a Data East Star Trek 25th, it's in good condition and has been regularly serviced and is fully working. What price range should I expect to pay?

Thanks
I wouldn’t take much notice of pinside as that predominantly US sales which is a completely different market.

I also wouldn’t look at the various retailers as again not relevant.

I’d do a search on here and ask as you have done in the valuations thread and get a mean value between the two.

But it’s also personal. I really wanted a LOTR and paid probably a little more than most but I’m quite happy because it’s what I wanted.

Good luck in your pin search 👍

Hi All,

Thanks
I started keeping a note of advertised prices on here a few years ago. The only note I've got for a Data East Star Trek is £2995 from December '22. The used market has cooled off a little since then but it gives you a rough idea on price.

I started keeping a note of advertised prices on here a few years ago. The only note I've got for a Data East Star Trek is £2995 from December '22. The used market has cooled off a little since then but it gives you a rough idea on price.
Thanks for the reply. It's actually good news to me, I had reasoned a price below £3000, although the seller has told me he wants more and won't sell for that.

Thanks for the reply. It's actually good news to me, I had reasoned a price below £3000, although the seller has told me he wants more and won't sell for that.
£2500 tops for one in standard condition, ie dirty, odd broken plastics, etc. Its not a great game, very common and gets boring very quickly.

Hi All,

Thanks
I would keep away from DE Star Trek 25.
It is not a great game.....
Better games exist.
It is a fortune if the display goes .

Need a few ideas of pricing on the following:

AIQLE
Mando LE
Star Trek LE
Deadpool Prem

All in stunning condition
Star Trek LE no no no no no please don’t put this up for sale atm I can’t take it 😫 my poor bank account

Need a few ideas of pricing on the following:

AIQLE
Mando LE
Star Trek LE
Deadpool Prem

All in stunning condition
There’s been a AIQLE on eBay for 10,500 for what seems like an age. Not sure that helps.

I got my mando LE back in March, heavily modded and in immaculate condition for 10k. Didn’t have the topper when I got it.

There’s been a AIQLE on eBay for 10,500 for what seems like an age. Not sure that helps.

I got my mando LE back in March, heavily modded and in immaculate condition for 10k. Didn’t have the topper when I got it.
Think it's £10K now mate

Interesting to see what’s moving and what seemingly isn’t at present, on relatively new games Godzilla for instance is a strange one, there have been a few pros , prems coming on at sensible prices that seemingly aren’t garnering much interest, I think it can only be that because of its goat reputation pretty much everyone who really wanted one has now got one at this point so a buyers market for them is limited + stern will probably still have it in production for a couple more years so pricing for the time being has gone a bit soft ..counter intuitively a perceived worse game like venom will probably stand up price wise very well in a year or so as there will be so few of them around in the UK !

Noticed a few people listing stuff to sell and bringing to pin fest so thought I’d clear some items as well.
Just want some feedback on pricing some bits,

Rotten dog WPC89 cpu
Used this in my sttng for 6 months with no problem until swapped out for a b/w
Has NVRAM and ASIC
Thinking £150?

Rotten dog fliptronic 2 board
Literally used for 20 mins as thought it would solve my flipper problem…it didn’t so took out and stored ( fault finding the expensive way 😂)
Thinking £70?

Bally speaker panel with clear lense ( no speakers)
Nice condition 3/4 light marks, lense lightly scratched/ rubbed
Thinking £30?

4 legs 30” black light rib
These were on my sttng and obviously wrong needed to tip toe to play!
Good used condition, very soldid heavy steel, some scuffs etc . Feet and bolts included. No idea of origins, be interested to hear what game they were originally on.

Thinking £40 (£10 per leg)?

Stern lock down bar (LOTR)
Has the tournament button, in great condition.
Thinking £25.?

Please let me know how wildly off or on the money I am please 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1671.jpeg
    IMG_1671.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1675.jpeg
    IMG_1675.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1682.jpeg
    IMG_1682.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Interesting to see what’s moving and what seemingly isn’t at present, on relatively new games Godzilla for instance is a strange one, there have been a few pros , prems coming on at sensible prices that seemingly aren’t garnering much interest, I think it can only be that because of its goat reputation pretty much everyone who really wanted one has now got one at this point so a buyers market for them is limited + stern will probably still have it in production for a couple more years so pricing for the time being has gone a bit soft ..counter intuitively a perceived worse game like venom will probably stand up price wise very well in a year or so as there will be so few of them around in the UK !
Godzilla is the new TAF, so many of them out there. There's no scarcity factor. Give it 30 years maybe :D

Noticed a few people listing stuff to sell and bringing to pin fest so thought I’d clear some items as well.
Just want some feedback on pricing some bits,

Rotten dog WPC89 cpu
Used this in my sttng for 6 months with no problem until swapped out for a b/w
Has NVRAM and ASIC
Thinking £150?

Rotten dog fliptronic 2 board
Literally used for 20 mins as thought it would solve my flipper problem…it didn’t so took out and stored ( fault finding the expensive way 😂)
Thinking £70?

Bally speaker panel with clear lense ( no speakers)
Nice condition 3/4 light marks, lense lightly scratched/ rubbed
Thinking £30?

4 legs 30” black light rib
These were on my sttng and obviously wrong needed to tip toe to play!
Good used condition, very soldid heavy steel, some scuffs etc . Feet and bolts included. No idea of origins, be interested to hear what game they were originally on.

Thinking £40 (£10 per leg)?

Stern lock down bar (LOTR)
Has the tournament button, in great condition.
Thinking £25.?

Please let me know how wildly off or on the money I am please 🙏
On the money generally. Cheap tor the speaker panel as they are 120 shipped new without the lens. The legs are mid to late 90s sega and you can see the part number on the yellow label. Unobtainable so would be a bargain for somebody needing them.

On the money generally. Cheap tor the speaker panel as they are 120 shipped new without the lens. The legs are mid to late 90s sega and you can see the part number on the yellow label. Unobtainable so would be a bargain for somebody needing them.

Same legs as these which were quickly snapped up.

Same legs as these which were quickly snapped up.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Pricing can be so hard sometimes, glad I was close on most items.
Thinking if the legs went fast at £60 it was a competitive price so I’ll price the same .
The speaker panel I’ll just put up to £35 I think.
Would rather price competitively than inflate for every last penny.

Last edited:
Very interesting to see whats moving and whats not. Personally I think any of the recent sterns you're looking at around 7k (pro) and 10k (prem) for stock unmodded nice condition machines. A great buy on some actually, especially on the pro's as I think you should likely get around 6.5k for after owning one for a year.

We have seen the sought after titles sell quick, these will always sell quick as they are very desirable (if priced right)

Quickly thinking I think the fast selling games on here would be (if priced well),

Stern
Stranger Things (any model)
Deadpool (any model)
Ghostbusters (any model)
Elvira (any model)
Metallica (any model)
Batman 66
Walking Dead (any model)
Beatles (any model)

CGC
All of them (all models)

Spooky
TNA

JJP
Pirates
Rick & Morty

Others
Indiana Jones
Scared Stiff
Circus Voltaire
Attack from Mars
Medieval Madness
Simpsons Pinball Party
Creature
Fathom
Centaur
Eight Ball Deluxe

Now obviously anything will sell right if priced good, but I think people are now being more cautious on purchases and picking out what they really really would like longer term. Makes sense really as it won't be as easy to sell stuff on, as we can currently see.

Come to think of it I think I just listed my dream machines if the lotto comes up.

Hi All,

Any ideas on an Austin Powers with LEDs, Pinsound, Shaker, upgraded speakers & toy /shooter mods?
Cash or trade value?
I am aware that it may not be in a pinhead's top ten list but it is rare and this could pump its value?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom