What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM black doesn't come up often, and is effectively an LE pin. £6k+ doesn't seem unreasonable if he gave it a clean first

Agree, but it’s definitely not low use and the magnet area is worn badly🤦‍♂️

Doesn't look too worn to me ? Looks ok if you peer through the muck? 😄

Spidey.jpg

My feelings are strong on this one. That “restoration “ it boarders on criminal imho feel really sorry for the owners. Evil knievel is a fabulous game. Thinking outloud…….. I might go back a decade or two and break one of my games to restore this (?)……
i’m sure you have all the spare parts keith 😄😄

whoever allegedly restored that either knew nothing about bally ss pinball machines,or took the pi$$ and pocketed all the parts they removed and used them on another machine/sold them on at a profit

My feelings are strong on this one. That “restoration “ it boarders on criminal imho feel really sorry for the owners. Evil knievel is a fabulous game. Thinking outloud…….. I might go back a decade or two and break one of my games to restore
I was discussing with Cath and saying since there’s no loom it’s basically an ornament now; tragic. But if you have a spare loom(?) Tbf I’d believe you if you said you could rewire it. Or if you said wood you’ve collected in the new forest is the perfect consistency to make new plywood for a full cabinet rebuild!

Or that New Forest Pinball doesn’t restore pinballs, rather carves them out of trees in the New Forest. 😜

I was discussing with Cath and saying since there’s no loom it’s basically an ornament now; tragic. But if you have a spare loom(?) Tbf I’d believe you if you said you could rewire it. Or if you said wood you’ve collected in the new forest is the perfect consistency to make new plywood for a full cabinet rebuild!

Or that New Forest Pinball doesn’t restore pinballs, rather carves them out of trees in the New Forest. 😜
Could someone create a new loom? If most of the parts are there, you could then rewire them? Or is it that you need the loom to understand *how* it was wired up?

Could someone create a new loom? If most of the parts are there, you could then rewire them? Or is it that you need the loom to understand *how* it was wired up?
The loom is all the wires under the playfield. All specific lengths of cable going to each bulb/mech - if you watch a YouTube video on how they make a stern pinball - you can see it would be a huge job.

I have a display loom i bought from keith, that cuts down some work. Can be made available if someone needs it for this?

Making a loom is possible but you’d probably be using different coloured wires to what was originally used, so would need to map that onto a schematic for future reference.

Could be good for a custom project (MPU/controls not art work etc), but from the video it looked a right rust bucket that doesnt appear to have had anything done about it, and depends how much of the playfield mechs/switches have been taken off.

They also could have at least cleaned up the back box, absolutely filthy.

Wow, its nearly £600 with a minute to go.

that's crazy,did it even have the chime unit in it?,if that's missing as well it's even more expense

might be a flood of stripped cabinets with a few leds shoved in now appear on ebay after that auction as well😀

I think it will be relisted when the buyer goes to collect and opens it up.

SM black doesn't come up often, and is effectively an LE pin. £6k+ doesn't seem unreasonable if he gave it a clean first
16k! When I looked this morning

Now 12k

Also looks like the photos are in a storage lockup and that grim ain’t low play

Metallica is what Stern should have vaulted, not Jurassic park
That would probably require more effort though as they'd have to setup an assembly line for SAM games which are quite different under the hood. Don't get the feeling they wanted to put in all that much effort... :rolleyes:

NGG on EBay- auction starting at £3k but lockdown bar has been ripped off- very detailed description from the seller as per on Fleabay

Silverball mania on fleabay

(I especially like the pacman rug underneath :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom