What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Coast Slam 2014 - Raiders Of The Lost Arcade. Official thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing definitely returning is the legendary SCS Charity Raffle - previous years have seen EPIC first prizes ....

2010 a minty Bally Popeye pinball machine

2011 a Williams Whitewater pinball machine

2012 a lovely shopped Williams Star Trek Next Gen pinball machine

(OK the Popeye may not be considered an EPIC prize by many except me , I admit that ...so no wisecracks yeah :rolleyes: )

This time around we have up for a grabs a 1993 Williams Indiana Jones pinball machine ( currently undergoing redecalling/full shopping :cool: ) *AND* a 1985 Atari Indiana Jones video game !!!!!

Holy Smoke Dr .Jones ....now tell me those aren't EPIC prizes ;)

View attachment 3024

Liked the mine cart bit in the vid game

Don't like the pin - sorry

It looks like the French are fed up of us Brit's going over and doing well in their competition, so they've put it on the same weekend as the Slam ! :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :rofl:

We all support the slam, I'm having a dig at the French for organising their do on the same weekend especially as the slam date was announced at the UKPP of which they were there. Quiet a few Slam regulars normally go to the French show as it's only 30 mins from the ferry port (so for example it's 2.5 hours by car plus a boat trip from my house). Their loss. Nowt to do with points.

To be fair - without knowing the ins and outs they may have had little choice with dates and the venue. I know we were extremely limited with available venue dates for the Slam. Its also getting harder and harder to schedule events not too close or clashing with others.

To be fair - without knowing the ins and outs they may have had little choice with dates and the venue. I know we were extremely limited with available venue dates for the Slam. Its also getting harder and harder to schedule events not too close or clashing with others.

True but they're probably about 30 miles by road (plus one boat ride) from the slam on the same weekend!

Yeah dates were really tough this year... Probably didn't help that it was a kinda caught in the moment very last minute type let's book it thing :)

It's gonna kick butt though , lots of cool updates to follow after the NLP

Cheers
Will

Hi all

Just a quick update to announce our special guest for next years slam... in case you missed the hints in previous updates :)

Many thanks as always to Gary Flower for sorting the guest and twisting his arm to fly over.

So many more cool things in the pipeline for the 2014 show and more updates will follow.

Cheers
Will

Lyman was winning comps at the same time as creating games way back in the time of Rick Stetta, wasn't he? Then he's just carried on and not stopped, i think he's still a contender nowadays, 30 years later....

epic win dude

gif drunk guy drinking beer riding on a pig.gif

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Phil, of Pinball Heaven for his incredible generosity which has gone a major way to helping us to bring over our guest Lyman Sheats.

And really pleased to announce Pinball Heaven as our first major sponsor for 2014

Cheers
Will

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Phil, of Pinball Heaven for his incredible generosity which has gone a major way to helping us to bring over our guest Lyman Sheats.

And really pleased to announce Pinball Heaven as our first major sponsor for 2014

Cheers
Will
Top guy
Nice one Phil.

Is there acomidation near the venue? I really wanna go but don't want to commit till I know what's happening with the boy next year

Will, are you going to be getting any deals with hotels again? That one from last time was decent, Chatsworth I think it was called.

Is there a decent hotel nearby? I've been to the past Slams but only for the day, which has prevented me from hitting the bar!

Is there a decent hotel nearby? I've been to the past Slams but only for the day, which has prevented me from hitting the bar!

Hi all, I have pretty much sorted this years hotel just trying to get a bit more of a discount , just playing a couple off each other. It's not going to be a huge discount though as because it's Easter they get busy. Hopefully I will be able to let everyone know tomorrow. Be nice if people can all book the chosen hotel and unlike the previous slam herb the chosen hotel shut the far early the main stipulation is that the bar stays open until the last one leaves or gets thrown out :)

I (and many others) booked accommodation months ago, before it all sold out due to it being an Easter weekend... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom