What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Similar playfield layouts

Gonzo

Registered
Alias
Kris
The post from Vee gave me an idea for a video but my knowledge isn't great, so any help for research purposes is welcome.

So the Dark Knight is the same as BM66, Elton John is like Star Trek and Spiderman and AFM is the same layout as MM . . . . . but what else is copied please?

Genuinely, I felt that AFM, Stranger Things and MM were basically the exact same pin, but with cosmetic differences, and I wouldn't want to own more than one of them. Having played them all a lot, I went with AFM because it was noticeably cheaper and I preferred the callouts/theme.

Whirlwind, The Addams Family, and Data East JP are all extremely similar.

Two are Pat Lawlor and DEJP is obviously inspired by both (Or ripping them off, even same rules in some ways).

Playing Sopranos loads at the moment before it sells. Reminds me of DeadPool! Especially the outer loops and gates. Gates appear to be in exactly the same place!

I honestly don't see a problem with layouts being the same. Like what Spooky did with Halloween and UltraMan. That's if it's a fantastic layout.

Fantastic layout, multiple themes. Will save on design costs. I'd have Ferris Bueller. Someone else would have My Little Pony. Another would choose The Gummy Bears.

Here’s an unusual one, Gottlieb Sinbad and Robowar.
Err, no. Sorry to rain on your parade but just because it has the same number of drop targets in a slightly different position doesn't warrant it being similar. 4 flippers vs 2 flippers, 3 pops vs 2 pops, 1 with ramp vs 1 without. 🤔

As previously mentioned, almost identical fan layouts/shots with B/W and Stern games.

AFM - MM - MB - CC - SS - ToM - CP - Transformers - Stern Star Wars - Stranger Things

Special mentions to CV - WCS - I500 - TS - Corvette - LOTR and Spiderman for not being a million miles away..!

There will be others... this was only off the top of my head! :cool:

Black Out | Warlok
BlackHole | Eclipse
Sharpshooter | Old Coney Island!
8 Ball Deluxe | Sharkey's Shootout
Tron | Congo | Funhouse
Metallica | Monster Bash
Whirlwind | Jurasic Park DE
Kiss | Harley Davidson (Stern)

Err, no. Sorry to rain on your parade but just because it has the same number of drop targets in a slightly different position doesn't warrant it being similar. 4 flippers vs 2 flippers, 3 pops vs 2 pops, 1 with ramp vs 1 without. 🤔
It’s been said before by others, that’s when I checked and it is similar to me too.

Says updated Sinbad on IPDB

Last edited:
I honestly don't see a problem with layouts being the same. Like what Spooky did with Halloween and UltraMan. That's if it's a fantastic layout.

Fantastic layout, multiple themes. Will save on design costs. I'd have Ferris Bueller. Someone else would have My Little Pony. Another would choose The Gummy Bears.
Very true. I don't like Metallica but like GOTG 🤷.

Agreed. I'd like to see Stern re-release Iron Maiden but using the Archer theme that Elwin originally used when he designed the layout as a homebrew. I'd never own an IM but I'd find it hard to resist an Archer pin.

Also any decent layout rethemed to Wayne's World please.

space invaders is a stretched silverball mania
laser cue is very like alien poker but lost the speech
star light is a shrunk laser ball
secret service is very like high speed
austin powers and lotr

Back
Top Bottom