What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run-Dmd Clocks

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
First Discussed here : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/run-dmd-clock.21065/

Ok,

Have been pricing this up, and doing some work on the parts etc.

These will only supplied Pre-built. It's the best way, since i'd have to part build to check the panels out anyhow, so saves on time. Also means i can weed out any faulty parts/issues prior to sending them out :)

I will do a run of 10 to start with. If there is more demand then i will consider another run if Nick is able to supply a second run of the Frames.

These will be based on the old Favourite Run-DMD board that some of us had from another forum. I have received the alternative board from Germany, and i have to say that whilst the bells and whistles are good, the animations are only of older machines (Non-Stern), and also are not of as good a quality. It also seems more buggy :(

So - I will need to reach out to @Nickbs again to have mounting holes added for the newer release of mountings for the LED panels.

Mounting hardware for 10 already ordered.

LED manufacturer/supplier confirmed. Shipping time for panels to me is 3 weeks. Am estimating around 4-6 weeks from initial ordering to delivery to you guys :)

I am hoping people would agree to a 50/50 pricing structure - 50% upfront, 50% immediately before shipping, since I will have to order parts and shell out a lot of money up front (not as much as @aaronhicksuk and his glass, however still lots to me!!). Any part sourcing issues that i have missed/not aware of, and I will refund all monies.

The Cost Per board will be £280 Plus shipping from me to you at cost - all done, tested and ready to hang on your wall :) Even down to the power supply and mains cable! I may be able to deliver to some well known members - there's enough of a network here to get your clock to you!

Just a reminder - these are larger than a standard DMD - They are 63cm long, 18cm tall, 5.5cm deep

Those guys will get first shout. Anyone else interested is encouraged to register an interest in THIS thread, and if we have enough interested people for a second run then I'll consider it :)

@ianw
@replicas
@Cmor111
@todler
@kevlar
@cooldan
@Diw
@Will
@justinhcb
@Dave Bishop

(Managed to get these in cheaper than the US price on Pinside - they are charging $410 + Shipping - No simple feat, since a number of parts are cheaper to the USA than our little island!)

List of Confirmed Members :

1. Ianw - Paid in full
2. cooldan - Paid in full
3. justinhcb - Paid in full
4. replicas - Deposit Paid
5. PinballUk - Paid in full
6. Matt Vince - Paid in full
7. JustLikeMe - Paid in full
8. Cmor111 - Paid in full
9. Gasmonkey - Paid in full
10. Dave Bishop - Paid in full

JsyJsy - Frame only

Reserve list (or possibilities for a second run!!):

1. The Wool
2. AndyPUK
3. Bluenose79
4. Julian Hepworth
5. Kevlar
6. Wiredworm
7. Mooseman
8. Tidy Technician
9. Banzaipinabll
10. Jonwolf
11. RGV
12. Will
13. Carl Lawrence
14. Mfresh
15. Lee Riley

Last edited:
Those seriously interested please check this out.... and if you wish to be considered for this and the next run then shout below :)

Ok chaps. Well have a full house!

If anyone else is still interested, please let me know anyway, and I'll Add you to the reserve list. This means if anyone drops out, or if we do another run, you will be first there :)

To those that have "signed up" - Thank you. They are a wonderful design, and with less then a couple of hundred around the world, rather unique!

I'll post some timescales later when i get chance, to give you all an idea of how i am hoping things to progress....

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Paul, I've wanted one of these for a while. I'm very happy to go with the 50/50 pricing structure you've suggested, just let me know when and how you want the cash.

Ok chaps - so Since it's just gone payday (probably the best time to do it), and things are lining up nicely (just to check the templates for the frame), and also ready to order the displays/boards, is there any chance i could grab the deposits please?? Other than Cooldan, who decided to send it straight away... :mad::D

£140 Paypal gift please to paul@pinballinfo.com

Once all in i'll order the displays (15 days approx lead time), and clock PCB's (around the same time). Also need to pay Nick for the Frames as soon as the template is here and i can check it's ok :)

As per a PM i received, if i can get some done before the scottish Expo then I can get some to the NLP crew to deliver (if thats ok with them!). It's all about keeping costs down :)

@ianw
@cooldan
@justinhcb
@replicas
@pinballuk
@Matt Vince
@JustLikeMe
@Cmor111
@Gasmonkey
@Dave Bishop

Thanks to all for the prompt reponses :) First post updated with payments received :)

Just awaiting the last three, although the above means that I can at least get the order for the LED screens placed this weekend :)

Thanks All :)

Any idea how much for just the frame Paul?

Is it just the acrylic?? Or all the mounting hardware too?? (Hex posts/screws etc). Makes minimal difference of a few quid really...

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom