What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Refurbs

People want the moon on a stick.

It's the same deal when you try to flog stuff online for stupidly cheap prices; there's always some numpty who tries to knock your price down even further even though you're already advertising it for peanuts.

People want the moon on a stick.

It's the same deal when you try to flog stuff online for stupidly cheap prices; there's always some numpty who tries to knock your price down even further even though you're already advertising it for peanuts.

You ain't wrong there recently I realised my tz ad was still live on the fb group. Some turd msgd me saying he wants it but all he's got is £400! I told him to eff off and I'd already sold it for 3600. Twats everywhere

Chancers mainly. They've got some brass neck; i'd not have the balls to offer such a low-ball offer. I'm a big believe in doing some research and making a reasonable offer based on that.

But then I guess those offering low-ball prices are the same people who'll successfully make a purchase and then flip it for a fat profit in the next breath.

Just been on the pps website to see if I could buy the same decals as the one I got from Pete few months back. They don't sell them. What are folks expected to do when that happens? Wait indefinitely for pps to suddenly start making them? Fat chance of that happening.
I can see the point about copyrights when the original product is still available and someone undercuts you by making a cheaper copy. But once the original isn't made anymore, it falls down imho.
Thanks Pete for my decals. Just need to find the time to fit them before pps knock on my door: they are still in the box you sent me.
Good luck with the rest of your projects.

Pete, Just been thinking about your alternative translights, you could advertise them as something like wall art in a pinball style that can be backlit for greater affect.

Because I'd of taken your JP gates just to hang on the wall in a lightbox if I had the wall space in the games room.

Best of luck to you and most of all enjoy pinball again.

Purchased a sopranos decal set. Was told not in stock, a couple of weeks away.
A couple of weeks later(as in now) delivered all the way down to Aussie.
Great stuff. Nice printing.
Another happy customer.
Thanks Pete.

Purchased a sopranos decal set. Was told not in stock, a couple of weeks away.
A couple of weeks later(as in now) delivered all the way down to Aussie.
Great stuff. Nice printing.
Another happy customer.
Thanks Pete.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it!

Good luck with your restoration and please share photos when finished so we can see how it turned out. :thumbs:

Since I probably won't finish the full video I originally made about Retro Refurb's decals, here is a clip showing some screwed up pieces being applied with heat:

The hot air gun does 2 things; firstly removes surface imperfections like creases, dents, and even scratches. Secondly, it sets the adhesive permanently. If applied without heat, the adhesive can take a week more to get a really good bond with the surface. With heat, it should be permanently set after 24 hours.

No need for water, no need for fancy tools. Just a soft microfiber towel and hot air gun. Manipulate as you see fit!

Last edited:
Since I probably won't finish the full video I originally made about Retro Refurb's decals, here is a clip showing some screwed up pieces being applied with heat:

The hot air gun does 2 things; firstly removes surface imperfections like creases, dents, and even scratches. Secondly, it sets the adhesive permanently. If applied without heat, the adhesive can take a week more to get a really good bond with the surface. With heat, it should be permanently set after 24 hours.

No need for water, no need for fancy tools. Just a soft microfiber towel and hot air gun. Manipulate as you see fit!
I noticed some imperfections, was the board a bit scabby?
Which route would you recommend? I was thinking wet as I was doing on my own and time isn't an issue. Plus, it gives the opportunity to reseat the decal if needs be.....now you throw this into the pot!

Pete if I was to design my own translight would you be able to offer the service to have it printed?

Would like to do a different bbh with a moose of course

Cheers

Moose

Pete if I was to design my own translight would you be able to offer the service to have it printed?

Would like to do a different bbh with a moose of course

Cheers

Moose

Yes of course, Ive done this other people on here. Just drop me a message when you've got your design ready and we'll take it from there.

Yes of course, Ive done this other people on here. Just drop me a message when you've got your design ready and we'll take it from there.

That's brill.
Is there any chance you could let us all know specifications i.e. Min dpi file format and other technical things were not aware off

That's brill.
Is there any chance you could let us all know specifications i.e. Min dpi file format and other technical things were not aware off

Don't really need anything higher than 175dpi for artwork you create, but if it's a scan of another translite then 300dpi absolute minimum.

Make sure the work area is set to the size of the translite, so for example WPC games are usually around 674mm by 468mm.

Other than that I can accept the artwok in PSD, JPG or PDF. If using PDF make sure its set to high quality, or use the "high quality" preset on export. Press quality is also fine. If using JPG keep compression to a minimum, so use the highest setting. Large file sizes are not a problem. WeTransfer is the best way to email them over to me.

Don't really need anything higher than 175dpi for artwork you create, but if it's a scan of another translite then 300dpi absolute minimum.

Make sure the work area is set to the size of the translite, so for example WPC games are usually around 674mm by 468mm.

Other than that I can accept the artwok in PSD, JPG or PDF. If using PDF make sure its set to high quality, or use the "high quality" preset on export. Press quality is also fine. If using JPG keep compression to a minimum, so use the highest setting. Large file sizes are not a problem. WeTransfer is the best way to email them over to me.

For Me i am really ****ed off as one man in AU .

has started his **** again with copyright ..

as he had the wrights for bally/williams and sold it to rick

you produced a great product mate ..:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom