What's new

Pinside is such an angry place.....

Andy, you are more than welcome to come on over to mind and spend some quality time on TWDLE and make up your own mind on how good or bad it really is.
I like it a lot and it's got the real actor call out on mine.
Tell me when to expect you and the cold beer will be waiting.
I need lots of cold beer to take my mind off getting or not getting my money back from Predator.

Why is he refunding people.. He's so far up the creek he might as well blow it all on coke and hookers.

Better outcome for him.

Predator preorder **** up, TWD having 10% code, Hobbit still no where near being released. Think the pre-order model has totally come off the rails. I suspect the next train wreck will be TBL licence. It looks like they sorted the film but FFS the music soundtrack they listed with 20(?) tracks involves potentially 20 different record label licences and 20 publishers. Suspect they talked to the film company and possibly whoever originally put out the soundtrack but they won't have the rights to then sub-licence. Often licensees claim to have the right but actually don't and you get hit with a big fee after the event,

Movie companies are notorious for not knowing how to licence music. Lots of films you see with dancing in it always looks **** as they film is with random music and then try to get a licence afterwards. They tend to think spunking $1 million plus on a actor is fine but then try in on with record labels to get the music for next to nothing.

For the record I suspect the pin will come out but will then hit problems with the soundtrack. Last quote I saw for them was trying to claim that in the Netherlands they could simply pay a fee to an agency there and all the music they wanted to use would be fine:confused: Good luck with that one guys..... It's not that many of the musicians would care but it's a PITA getting permission from all their representatives. Even if the tracks are licenced you can still run into trouble with "moral rights" if an artist doesn't like gambling etc.

Why is he refunding people.. He's so far up the creek he might as well blow it all on coke and hookers.

Better outcome for him.

He isn't refunding anyone. Those that have had money back are via refunds from credit card/paypal claims.

i think Jack is busy installing some more up-and-down motion on it, some extra LEDs, and planning the super-LE to coincide with the release of the Director's cut DVD releases

I think Jack's waiting for it to be 70 years after the film's release so that he doesn't have to pay royalties.

I'd actually assumed it had come out but maybe it got such a slamming in October that they've gone back to the drawing board for a bit. I can see that this might make it a better game but it's got to be an utter **** up in terms of operators wanting the theme.

A quick read on Pinside suggests the latest hold up is because WB asked for some copyright information to be added to each of the figures used on the pop-ups. Gotta love working with a licensed IP eh? ;-)

Send your dog over to attack Kevin Daz, that'll sort the little fecker out! :)

Fingers firmly crossed for everyone involved

Even if things go your way and you get a refund from your credit card company or whatever, I would appreciate any UK folk still contacting the detective involved in looking into this to make a criminal complaint against Kevin Kulek. You can contact him here:

BBenzing@co.midland.mi.us

Anyone actually got any money back yet? I know a few of us have been promised and had credits that you can't touch , but any actual success stories??

I'm struggling to keep up with the amount of puke on Pinside, but it looks like the JPOP bubble is about to burst as well.

It's a very, very bad time in pinball.

Will, got a £2700 credit on my cc statement but Kevin has another 30 days to try and reverse this. Can't see what grounds this could happen on but I'm nnot planning gon spending the cash until the end of May just in case.

Not seen the JPOP stuff but lots of noise on Pinside about JJP being $1 million in debt to suppliers. No iidea if this is actually true or made up but I did like the story about one of their designers coming up with a plastic in the shape of their dick:)

Will, I'm the same as John. It's on my credit card but Kevin can contest it. Paypal dispute is open and awaiting his response.

I've also emailed all my details to the detective.

Wowzers, just checked my CC on-line statement and I have a Temp Credit for both payments to ****-B.

So spoke to Barclaycard who said PayPal now has 45 days to dispute the refund if they agree all is good and if they simply don't respond in that time the dispute is resolved in the favour of Barclaycard/me.

Sounds like Kevin will be sitting a rather large negative PayPal balance in the end.

At fecking last... No more bleeding pre-orders.

Sadly I'm in on 2 of the 3, glad I got out of TBL, I just hope the rumours around Hobbit are unfounded! As at least MMr are coming out of the factory :clap:

Best one was the plastics that one of the artists designed looked like this...

encrypted_tbn2_gstatic_com_images_185b91763d6aee1abc4128ddd6460e1c._.jpg

Think it was meant to be a reflection of how happy they were working there. I actually missed the post about it but saw it referenced later and seemed to be initially coming from Jack, Even if it's not true it amused me.

Back
Top Bottom