What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Party?

UKPP is Andy's event. I am sure he will ponder on what to do for next year. His manufacturing business MUST surely take priority. The consensus is people would like a central location with accommodation to create the "party vibe" . problem is suitable venues don't fall from the heavens and the days of the POA where 25-30 games were set up in a church hall/pub back room are long gone and even those took months of planning. people now expect the latest and greatest games and 100+ machines.

Yes, well who actually said it was easy?

He wanted to give it up anyway a couple of years ago after he copped a strop about people whinging about the hotel.

well, since you ask, like an ungrateful tosser

This made absolutely no sense. What's so ungrateful about it? I have to stick my tongue up his **** like you do?

Don't be an emo. Go post some gifs, might make you feel better.

it's ungrateful in that Andy organised the UKPP for the last 4 or 5 years, without which it wouldn't have taken place. There were good and bad bits and some shows were better than others (i managed only 3 of them), and the first Daventry one he made a few grand and the last Daventry one he lost a few grand. I don't stick my tongue up his ****, but i do appreciate that after years of everyone assuming he'd never make it, Heighway pinball looks like a possible successor to the role of 2nd biggest pinball company around. let's do something constructive instead of insulting the recent organiser.

you're quite right that i enjoy posting gifs. but i'm not an emu. if you want to fight or argue or something, come meet me in pm or just go insult someone else, somewhere else. let's use this thread to see if we can set up an alternative. there was some talk of doing the comp at NLP i think @Moonraker @replicas @Sgt GrizZ @mufcmufc

Reactions: JMP
" if you want to fight or argue or something, come meet me in pm or just go insult someone else"

Look, I made a post and you got emo about it. If you want to carry it on into something it isn't then be my guest.

Bar the South coast this WAS the best one I'd been to, we were grateful AND really enjoyed it and can't remember complaining about it, maybe the smell but it was good value. We've been here before though, I don't need to give the Pros & Cons all over again.

"everyone assuming he'd never make it"

Well, I am not one of these people. Only thing that made no sense to me to waste time was getting rid of Circes in place of FT.

Rudebwoy, your son will not be happy posing his pic online, I know you painted his eyes good there, but he won't be happy.

Last edited:
" if you want to fight or argue or something, come meet me in pm or just go insult someone else"

Look, I made a post and you got emo about it. If you want to carry it on into something it isn't then be my guest.

Bar the South coast this WAS the best one I'd been to, we were grateful AND really enjoyed it and can't remember complaining about it, maybe the smell but it was good value. We've been here before though, I don't need to give the Pro's & Con's all over again.

"everyone assuming he'd never make it"

Well, I am not one of these people. Only thing that made no sense to me to waste time was getting rid of Circes in place of FT.

Rudebwoy, your son will not be happy posing his pic online, I know you painted his eyes good there, but he won't be happy.

Twat

I think the party has been a bit of a victim of it's own success. Trying to please everyone is an exercise in futility. Personally I far preferred Daventry to the factory last year but it's Andy's baby. I'm not prepared to sink the time, effort and financial risk into organising anything and I'm really grateful for anyone who does. There are some amazing people in our hobby. Who in their right mind would lug 20+ grand of games halfway across the UK and let people they don't know loose on them? What do these people get in return? Free entry or van hire? Every time someone whinges about venues/line ups/cost of entry or beer prices then it makes people less inclined to arrange things in the future. If someone makes a little bit of money out of arranging a show then that's fantastic, I know they would make more working a few shifts in the local pub if you work it out on an hourly rate. I've never put on a pinball show but I arranged enough gigs to know the sheer hell that is the logistical nightmare of arranging anything and how draining all the effort is. So thanks again to anyone who is crazy enough to put things on for us.:)

Hahaha, Patsy.

As a troll I think you need to google your poor attempt at insults before using them. First you call Dan an emo and now me a patsy bloody idiot! Also you crossed the line mentioning people's kids wether you were trying to be "hilarious" or not. I suggest you quit your trolling before you get banned

Reading this thread thought I was back in the old Jamma+...... :tut:

Shame this isn't on, had intended to go if free, wherever it was held. Couldn't make the factory last year as away.... went Daventry twice, enjoyed both and no complaints, although never did the dinner thing.... opting for local restaurant/pub.

Andy's factory commitments are understandable, but got to be partly out of previous complaining too that always happened.... Think some people get off on that sort of thing these days tbh. Seem to recall hotel got greedy with costs too....?

Anyway, hope this hole gets filled next year.... just as well Play Glasgow, NERG and NLP coming up.

Girls,

Please could we cut the insults and personal attacks, else I'll lock this thread, and you can all go play with your toys elsewhere ;)

Seriously though - This is for discussing the UKPP - Not having a pop at each other. I don't care "who was to blame" - Could it please stop now. Thank you.

Paul

There was some talk of doing the comp at NLP i think @Moonraker @replicas @Sgt GrizZ @mufcmufc

That was my asking about possibilities for the UK Pinball Open. While Daz said no problem with using NLP, Mark reminded everyone that NLP has a commitment to provide x number of machines for the paying public to use and that any tournament will have to effectively supply it's own machines and they must be installed before they lock down the floor. Plus they might not have room for the all the extra tournament machines having already agree the size of area being used for pinball... Which left many people in the discussion thinking that it was effectively a no go. Which leaves me with a decision of do I go with the idea that I floated about holding the UK Pinball Open at a local hotel near Salisbury. I'm not to happy with what the hotel have since quoted and I am aware that it's getting late in the day plus Salisbury is not a popular location with many of the pinball crowd.

Rudebwoy, been here before with you anyway. Get a stress ball or something and I'll see you next year for some groundhog day.

What are going on about? Bloody nora. Calm down man and paint draculas dogs collar or something constructive.

I am genuinely sorry if that was a picture of your boy.

Ain't me it's the troll he needs to be booted unless he's gonna add anything constructive he only started the thread to irritate people

Personally I'm not too fussed that the Party isn't on this year; I think having a similar event in the same location every year can get stale for attendees (probably worse for the organiser!), so a year or even two off will make it all the better when it returns. And personally I'd much rather see Andy make a success of Heighway Pinball and get another source of new pins flowing into the market than worry about the show, especially when there are other alternatives like NLP and the various contests around the country to keep us all going.

That was my asking about possibilities for the UK Pinball Open. While Daz said no problem with using NLP, Mark reminded everyone that NLP has a commitment to provide x number of machines for the paying public to use and that any tournament will have to effectively supply it's own machines and they must be installed before they lock down the floor. Plus they might not have room for the all the extra tournament machines having already agree the size of area being used for pinball... Which left many people in the discussion thinking that it was effectively a no go. Which leaves me with a decision of do I go with the idea that I floated about holding the UK Pinball Open at a local hotel near Salisbury. I'm not to happy with what the hotel have since quoted and I am aware that it's getting late in the day plus Salisbury is not a popular location with many of the pinball crowd.
Space is not a problem at NLP this year we will have more than enough.
If all of most of the competitive people brought one pin with then it would be more than enough to get the Open under way at what will be a temporary location .

Space is not a problem at NLP this year we will have more than enough.
If all of most of the competitive people brought one pin with then it would be more than enough to get the Open under way at what will be a temporary location .

It's a fine balance I guess. The reason a lot of people, me included, like NLP is because all the games are available to everyone. For me it would spoil NLP if a quantity of the machines (and often the more desirable titles) were restricted to a relatively small group.

It's a fair point, but as Daz says, if the competition players sort their own thing out, it shouldn't take away from the usual selection of pins.

I'd personally really like to see some high level players being able to show their skills off to the general public. If we get a couple of camera/tv rigs and a small spectator area, could be a valuable demonstration of 'how to play pinball' to all those kids and newbies that we see at the NLP.

Yes as Paul has said.
If the competitive side bring there own machines, ( machines we would not have been getting anyway) then it would not affect the NLP pledge of machines.

It's a fair point, but as Daz says, if the competition players sort their own thing out, it shouldn't take away from the usual selection of pins.

I'd personally really like to see some high level players being able to show their skills off to the general public. If we get a couple of camera/tv rigs and a small spectator area, could be a valuable demonstration of 'how to play pinball' to all those kids and newbies that we see at the NLP.

Agree with what you are saying Paul but can see the point of others as somebody will always winge "I wanted to play that but I couldn't" however it would have to be clearly signposted/cordoned off/marshalled and partly away from the others so that then there couldn't be any misunderstandings :thumbs:

I get the idea too, but your average person on the street, especially children or the inexperienced (or even the vaguely experienced), wants to play and not watch at a show - if someone else is playing a machine at a show, people just walk-on. I suspect amongst the general public at replay it would not go down well if an inaccessible competition is in view - they will want to know why they can't play on any game they want having paid their entry fee and will kick up a fuss for the show's duration.

I suspect amongst the general public at replay it would not go down well if an inaccessible competition is in view - they will want to know why they can't play on any game they want having paid their entry fee and will kick up a fuss for the show's duration.
There are plenty or video game comps that aren't open to the passing public to play - as they are in competition.

In the past there's been pinball machines set aside for competition at NLP, and it has never caused a problem.

I really don't see it being an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom