What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Party?

always thought this was an ideal venue but something tells me the bottomless pockets of so called "asian weddings" mean anyone else is priced out. room rates are the cheapest at weekends for central Birmingham , me and some friends stayed there new years eve as a triple room was cheaper than a taxi home

http://www.theparagonhotel.co.uk/

I'd deffo put you forward to start organizing a new UKPP. Without going back and looking at previous years I couldn't say when they would usually announce it.

If he was letting it go, I'm sure you all would've heard about it by now. Hope I'm wrong, but I'll guess it will be a load of spiel about costs and so just have it in a warehouse again.

Even that said, it feels like it's being left to late to start dicking about booking weekends off, making dates free etc.

Really miss Daventry, still pining from 2 years back. I'm sure it's an incredible amount of work and a lot of people have taken it for granted, you only realise how good it was when its taken away.

Im sure something can be arranged centrally for next year. due to work I couldn't commit too much time but as to machines if transport can be shared for a venue in the west midlands I could pledge 25 machines

So in 6 days from today we will know.
Personally I think the probability of this happening is as likely as us leaving the E.U.

Andy,

If you're reading this, you have the power. I know there's a huge amount of work behind the scenes to make these events happen, and every year there are countless volunteers who help to make it happen, through pin pledges, power setup, venues and tournament organisation.

This year must be extra hard with the fulltime commitment to your upcoming titles, and understandabley that must come first.

But, if there's even the slimmest chance of it going ahead and you need any help, i for one would be honoured to do whatever i can to assist, however big, small or menial.

I've been attending the party since the Villa days but never really been able to pledge or know enough people to get involved and help out - this year I (and im sure many others here) would stand up and help if that extra man power is needed, alongside those who have assisted every year without question or reward. If you need to, just ask, there's enough community spirit here make it happen somewhere, somehow..

My hand is up.

Cheers,

Tim

Andy H has just confirmed - No UKPP this year. He can hold the Open at the factory if needs be. Guessing he's too busy with Alien etc, which is perfectly understandable.

Yeah pretty much std issue then. Time for a reboot of management / organisers

UKPPP - Proper Pinball Party
UKPP - HIU2B - How it used to be.
UKPP - NIAFF - Not in a $*£$&£* Factory
UKPP - B2TOS = Back 2 the Old school
UKPP - NJFM - Not just for munchers.

Dude there's no need to be like that about it. I for one was super excited to get to look around the pinball factory, and I think nearly everyone who went to UKPP 2015 enjoyed it.

Presumably you are organising now then?

Like what? I know you may have been excited about that, but you live every second of it.

What about the people who just like a few beers, smoke, pins, some broads & a decent room?

"Normal" non pin Familys that don't feel out of place in a dirty factory full of munchers?

I would organize it if I was in Midlands but already said SteveBrum is the man for the job.

Dude there's no need to be like that about it. I for one was super excited to get to look around the pinball factory, and I think nearly everyone who went to UKPP 2015 enjoyed it.

Presumably you are organising now then?

I concur

No need to be a kununt maybe he should organise it [emoji53]

UKPP is Andy's event. I am sure he will ponder on what to do for next year. His manufacturing business MUST surely take priority. The consensus is people would like a central location with accommodation to create the "party vibe" . problem is suitable venues don't fall from the heavens and the days of the POA where 25-30 games were set up in a church hall/pub back room are long gone and even those took months of planning. people now expect the latest and greatest games and 100+ machines.

Back
Top Bottom