What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Pin Shed - On A Budget (ish)

We have Faro oil filled radiators in the house and they are amazing but quite expensive to buy.

The good thing is you can program them to a certain temperature so I could leave it on say 15 degrees all day and it probably wouldn't use that much electricity but keep the space warm.

Not sure about dimplex type convector heaters, always thought they were expensive to run...

The temperature is generally a couple of degrees higher than the south coast here so one rad of either type should do it.

We have Faro oil filled radiators in the house and they are amazing but quite expensive to buy.

The good thing is you can program them to a certain temperature so I could leave it on say 15 degrees all day and it probably wouldn't use that much electricity but keep the space warm.

Not sure about dimplex type convector heaters, always thought they were expensive to run...

The temperature is generally a couple of degrees higher than the south coast here so one rad of either type should do it.
cool man let me know how you get on with the rads

Wasn't somebody saying in another pinshack thread that storage heaters are the way to go?

2 weeks and no updates? :(

Sorry Pete but I'm in Costa Rica on my honeymoon at the moment. :wave:
I had painted the inside and the electrician was cracking on when I left so it should just be a case of moving in when I get back. :)

I assume the wedding vows were in order:
"With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship after pinball, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow, except my pinball machines: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Cmor111 and before any kids come along and try to ruin the dream! :rofl:
What your going to sell all your pins and turn it into a Wendy house? I can tell your going to be a great dad!

Don't forget if you need to hide any pins long term while the kids are growing up just give me a shout and we can sort something out.

Sorry Pete but I'm in Costa Rica on my honeymoon at the moment. :wave:
I had painted the inside and the electrician was cracking on when I left so it should just be a case of moving in when I get back. :)
nice man enjoy!!!! look forward to the pics when you return!!!

Cheers

Kev

Back from three weeks in Costa Rica :(

Good news is the shed is pretty much done and it's nearly Christmas! :)

I had painted it before leaving, dark grey on the front and back walls then light grey on the side walls and ceiling.

Carpet came from Carpet Right called Tivoli Loop - Granite and was £6.99/m2 so around £225 then a friend of a friend fitted it with underlay for another £150 so £375 ish all in, bargain and it looks awesome!

15645084_10157927324215472_741035587_n.jpg
Getting some stone delivered Wednesday morning to make the external level up so it is in line with the decking then it will be time to move everything in just in time for Christmas :clap:
15644785_10157927189720472_1457501572_n.jpg

15644452_10157927206255472_1728955837_n.jpg
I'll do a cash update over the next couple of days and a few plans of how I'm thinking of positioning everything.

Cheers :thumbs:

Hi. I know this has been asked before. But how high is it inside, floor to ceiling?
Think this is more an out building than a shed. Either way I have shed envy.

Hi. I know this has been asked before. But how high is it inside, floor to ceiling?
Think this is more an out building than a shed. Either way I have shed envy.

Hi mate,
It is 2.30m at the front sloping to 2.20m at the back.

Hi mate,
It is 2.30m at the front sloping to 2.20m at the back.

Are newer machines smaller?
My lw3 needs 2140mm clearance to open the Playfield fully.
I want a stern machine next but can't find measurement.
It's tricky to stay in the 2500mm high.

Are newer machines smaller?
My lw3 needs 2140mm clearance to open the Playfield fully.
I want a stern machine next but can't find measurement.
It's tricky to stay in the 2500mm high.

Most pins are 190 - 200cm high so won't be an issue but will have to see about toppers...

Couple of quick (and sh*te) plans I've drawn up.

First one is max capacity but I can't see this ever happening... ;)

15 pins with enough room to get the glass off.

snapshot_2-11-2016.png

This is what I plan on having with what I have at the moment:

snapshot_2-11-2016 (2).png

Workbench
7 Pins - WCS, TS, WH20, HS2, JM, WW, and a NIB hopefully at some point in the new year :)
2 Arcades - DK3 & Jamma
Table football
My grail double driver - GTI Club: Rally Côte d'Azur being delivered tomorrow :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom